What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sh*t bought online whilst on lockdown....

@Rob zombie , don't want to contradict but I think that money spent on boring stuff like chairs is entirely sensible.

I think that if folk actually sat back and thought hard about what made a real difference to their real quality of life, a decent chair might make more of a difference than a fancy car

Mad ?

If you spend 8 hours in a bed
8 hours in an office chair
8h in a lounge chair
1/ 2/ 8/ 16 h watching tv ....
8h using online connectivity
8/ 16/ 24 h a day in rooms that would benefit from AC
1h a week in a convertible car costing 40k

Makes sense to get these boring things right and they cost far less money
I agree! My office chair cost about £600!

Irony is I use a Lund Halsey desk, currently set in the standing position...

With the extra free time have gotten back into sim racing and more specifically iRacing after 6 years away (and got Aide Hufton on it too). My current and old Logitech G27 is a bit crap so ordered a new wheel and pedal set.

if anyone was ever looking at giving iRacing a go I have a discount code for new subscriptions if wanted

With the extra free time have gotten back into sim racing and more specifically iRacing after 6 years away (and got Aide Hufton on it too). My current and old Logitech G27 is a bit crap so ordered a new wheel and pedal set.

if anyone was ever looking at giving iRacing a go I have a discount code for new subscriptions if wanted
You must have won the lottery Ian. IRacing is an expensive business.
I mostly race vintage cars so predominantly use Assetto Corsa. I have Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals, a Clubsport V2.5 wheelbase with a Mclaren GT3 rim and also a CSL Elite rim for the vintage stuff. I use a lowly Logitech gear shift (which I love).

VR sim racing is the dogs böllocks.

Around 20 years ago I bought an Herman Miller Chair which cost me about £750 new I think that chair is about 1k now.
that Chair was a game changer for me so 5yr later I bought another but fully loaded it up with every extra and the polished metal frame.
I’ll not say how much it cost but I’ve seen them 2nd hand for a couple of hundred quid on eBay so my advice stay clear of the Facebook viral ads to suck you in and get something that actually sits in the NY Museum of modern Art and has comfort like no other.
Best part is spend 8hrs in it and your **** doesn’t sweat like those big leather jobbies.

View attachment 105451

We've got a few of these at work, I never knew they were so expensive... :-o :-o :-o

We've got a few of these at work, I never knew they were so expensive... :-o :-o :-o

Herman Miller are ridiculously expensive. I've got to say though, I'm totally in love with the Secret Labs chair. My Herman Miller will be going on eBay I reckon.
IMG_20200418_205040_170.jpg

I used to get back pain every day, I switched to one of those weird kneeling down posture chairs which look really uncomfortable (but they're not) and my back pains disappeared.

It doesn't look good, but if your worried about back pains I would recommend it.
Can you PM me the details of the chair. As there is no way I'll be getting any surgery in the forseeable future and all of the physio appointments have also been cancelled I need to try and sort something out myself.

Very early in a bought phantasm blu Ray box set off Cex as was £40 and £100 on eBay .
A carb screwdriver for the stimmer .
Done some diy but I work for Wilko and can get diy stuff from dc sent to our staff shop so no need to go to town

You must have won the lottery Ian. IRacing is an expensive business.
I mostly race vintage cars so predominantly use Assetto Corsa. I have Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals, a Clubsport V2.5 wheelbase with a Mclaren GT3 rim and also a CSL Elite rim for the vintage stuff. I use a lowly Logitech gear shift (which I love).

VR sim racing is the dogs böllocks.
I've just picked up Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition on PC for £6.59. Perfect timing as I was looking for a new racing game.

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/assetto-corsa-ultimate-edition-steam-key--3587-2

Had my eye on this pizza oven for a while and spending more time at home seemed like a good excuse to buy it. Shame I can't find flour or yeast anywhere. 🙄

Ah man I’d love one of these. Really wish we had some outside space!

Edit: Forgot to quote the post!

Last edited:
Cracking ovens. Better than the oon in my opinion.

Friend of a friend uses them commercially for corporate events, weddings, etc and they give great results. It was between this and a proper wood fired oven but decided the ease of instant heat from gas when you need it was a better idea.

Fantastic game. Wait until you discover modding.

Cheers for this, I wasn't aware modding existed. I prefer real roads to the track (I've put in over 200 hours on Euro and America Truck Simulator :rolleyes:)

I've been tearing around in a Fiat 500 to test things out, what a bargain!

Last edited:
Cheers for this, I wasn't aware modding existed. I prefer real roads to the track (I've put over 200 hours in on Euro and America Truck Simulator :rolleyes:)

I've been tearing around in a Fiat 500 to test things out, what a bargain!
Look at LA Canyons too. That is another open road mod.

Its getting more popular, Charles Leclerc has had a lorry race in Euro truck simulator in addition to racing in the virtual Chinese GP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52340194
Lol, I didn't even know you could race them.

The virtual GPs are great now there is no proper F1 on at the moment.

If you don’t already it is worth subscribing to Jimmy Broadbent’s YouTube channel. WARNING - His language can get quite colourful.
He has had the chat turned on for a couple of the races. It is hilarious to hear the F1 drivers taking the pîss out of each other.

Regarding those Herman Miller chairs, we have loads of them at work, and I just don't get along with them, can't get comfy at all. Clearly most people are different to me and love them, like the people at work do (or did!)
Nothings turned up here yet!
Finally just turned up now...

Been wondering about a dedicated mulching lawnmower for years. I have tried mowers with collectors that claim to be mulchers as well if you use an adaptor, but was unimpressed

This dedicated one is excellent. Honda engine that fired on the second pull out of the box
20200424_122417.jpg

Aluminium deck. Optional front wheel drive that you can easily engage and disengage when in use. Lift the front wheels to do a u-turn. Handlebars adjustable and go high enough for my 6' 5" frame

It's certainly worth keeping an eye on the Amazon Warehouse Deals. I've been after a new hosepipe for ages and spotted this one on Amazon Warehouse. Brand new but with a slightly damaged box. I think they're about £40-45 normally...but just £12 with a dented box.
Screenshot_20200424-223440.png

It's certainly worth keeping an eye on the Amazon Warehouse Deals. I've been after a new hosepipe for ages and spotted this one on Amazon Warehouse. Brand new but with a slightly damaged box. I think they're about £40-45 normally...but just £12 with a dented box.
View attachment 106111

Interestingly, I was on a call earlier with an Amazon warehouse "expert" - sales of most health and food products are up 264% and the daily deals - inc warehouse have been running at levels reminiscent of Black Friday. They are working the lockdown to great effect. Couple this with the new lower expectation on Prime, the "high" of getting an order in two days when expecting to receive in 5 - 7 is also spurrig on new sales.

Time to invest in a atud detector. "Studs are typically found at 16" or 24"".... Yeah not in this wall!! ****.
DSC_1221.JPG

Back
Top Bottom