What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sh*t bought online whilst on lockdown....

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Or maybe nearly bought....

It seems whilst everything is on lockdown, the courier companies are busier than ever (however seem more efficient since there's generally bugger all traffic on the road!), and those online retailers that are still open are making a bit of a killing...
Supermarkets - C&C/Delivery slots are like the holy grail, and queues of people not safe distancing are evident every morning 60 mins before the doors are due to open
Fuel is getting cheaper by the day whilst no-one is in their cars using it - as soon as we are all let out it'll skyrocket again.....

However i bet Amazon and similar are doing a roaring trade as everyone abuses their prime deliveries :D

So - with all this in mind, what have you bought, or nearly bought, whilst locked up at home...

Personally... some wifi units to get interweb to the gamesroom... a couple of app-controlled temperature units for the heaters in there (tho probably wouldn't be used now till Autumn, would be good to get them wired in and tested!)......
Nearly buys include a bean to cup machine ( i drink 1-2 coffee's a day - rest of the time Tea!) and copious electronic nicknacks i wouldnt have usually bought to pass the time... Tho i am still able to work from home so i dont get as much time as my head thinks i have!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Here we go: what’s ordered from who

Pinball Heaven
Shaker Motor BM66
2 x Foam Cleaner

Pinsound
Pinsound + board
Pinsound Speakers
Pinsound Shaker Motor
Pinsound Headphone thingy( free when you spend ££££)

Little Shop Of Games
Munsters Wolfie shooter
5v Pro rest board
Stern Tee Shirt
BM66 CATWOMAN side art

Comet
30 purple 86LEDS
30 Green 86 LEDS

RS Technology
New Creature chase lamp board

pinball Centre
New orange star posts
Clear mini star posts

Tilit
TBL side art
CFTBL side art
Starwars shooter plate

Doing my bit to prop up the world economy!

However i bet Amazon and similar are doing a roaring trade as everyone abuses their prime deliveries :D
Yeah...., online is def getting hammered for sure, they will be making a killing. I however decided to cancel my prime as for most items I wanted they couldn’t fulfil a good delivery date.
Looks like they are working on a Skeleton crew or the supplies aren’t getting to their warehouses for some reason 😕

I'm going through a retro phase at the moment, well it isn't so much a phase as just generally liking all things 80's. Along with playing on my MAME cab I've bought 4 Casio digital watches, an '87 Napoli shirt after watching the Maradona documentary (I already own 80's Juventus and Barcelona shirts) and another pair of Doc's.

I've also been watching The Video Game Years' on Amazon Prime which dedicates an episode to each year of the 80's, and also discovered a hidden gem of an 80's movie - Chopping Mall! Never heard of it before but has all the ingredients of a classic 80's film (also on Prime), loved it!IMG_20200411_083143980.jpgScreenshot_20200411-083542.pngIMG_20200411_084918589.jpgScreenshot_20200411-084633.png

I’ve had a whole heap of pinball bits in various shopping baskets but made myself clear the page, gets out of hand otherwise.
But I have ordered a blue pcb Ingo TZ clock board and a Pedretti TZ Invader topper😄

Attachments

• 23D5FDA6-29A5-492B-8174-7CCAB5F95FC3.jpeg
    23D5FDA6-29A5-492B-8174-7CCAB5F95FC3.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 23
  • ED90BFC0-3835-44F9-A80D-3D192CA0DD51.png
    ED90BFC0-3835-44F9-A80D-3D192CA0DD51.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 24
Ordered a couple of Colordmds yesterday.

Discovered the world of the £3 (+delivery) cucumber delivered from borough market. Bit of a bargain compared to their £12 smoked salmon (for 100g). Lots of restaurant suppliers round here are now doing home deliveries but you have to buy 20+ loaves of bread etc.

The other big random purchases were a selection of hydroponic growing systems. 200 odd lettuces later and I should be quids in. 🥳.

Ordered a couple of Colordmds yesterday.

Discovered the world of the £3 (+delivery) cucumber delivered from borough market. Bit of a bargain compared to their £12 smoked salmon (for 100g). Lots of restaurant suppliers round here are now doing home deliveries but you have to buy 20+ loaves of bread etc.

The other big random purchases were a selection of hydroponic growing systems. 200 odd lettuces later and I should be quids in. 🥳.
How much are ColorDMD’s all-in now? Inc VAT and delivery? I’ve watched them creep up over the years.
is that £3 cucumber in any way related to the famous $5 shake from Pulp Fuction ;)

I’d quite happily buy a JP Premium, but nine ****ing grand, really????

I haven't really bought anything yet but I'm starting to eye up one of these for the home office...

I seem to be selling a lot of stuff on eBay lately. Especially clothes. I guess people are struggling with finding something to wear at this point.

Attachments

• turntable_2020_TT_pu_targaryen_3-min.jpg
    turntable_2020_TT_pu_targaryen_3-min.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Colordmd are insanely expensive at the moment. I think they work out at about £400 each. You have to add VAT onto the website price and then pay £25 delivery (for 2).

Struggled to justify it until I had a couple of glasses of wibe.

it’s not like I need a holiday fund for this year.

I’m desperate for some 15mm mdf but feck if I can find any. Desperate to start a couple of mame cabs I’ve been promising to do over a year and now I have the time I can get the bloody wood doh!

Fook me @kevlar. Do you have a picture of said dead board ? Am I right in thinking that these are now game specific, so you can't buy generics ?

£260 delivered. It's an absolute scam, I'll think long and hard before buying another spike machine. Machine ( Deadpool ) is about 15 months old, 2nd owner so no extended warranty.

Fook me @kevlar. Do you have a picture of said dead board ? Am I right in thinking that these are now game specific, so you can't buy generics ?
I had a one go on my GOTGpro after only having 5-6 games on it and like Kevlar I was 2nd owner albeit for less than 24 hours.
yep it’s a kick in the balls but thankfully the only time it has happened and I own 5 newer sterns.
I’m not sure if they are game specific but you have to supply the serial no off the board

My first pinball was Gold Ball which had an incorrect EBD bumper cap, an original replacement has eluded me until now, just needs a final hop from North Carolina to Basingstoke :cool:
Cue a NOS Windcoaster ramp.
1586595433717.png

I bought a Husqvarna (cheapest model) robot mower for my rental as I re turfed the garden with about 350m2 of grass and it’s fantastic. I took it away recently for its annual service and my daughter was panicking for it back😂

I bought a Husqvarna (cheapest model) robot mower for my rental as I re turfed the garden with about 350m2 of grass and it’s fantastic. I took it away recently for its annual service and my daughter was panicking for it back😂
Funny you should say that as this is playing up so have been looking at the Husqvarna models!

I'm going through a retro phase at the moment, well it isn't so much a phase as just generally liking all things 80's. Along with playing on my MAME cab I've bought 4 Casio digital watches, an '87 Napoli shirt after watching the Maradona documentary (I already own 80's Juventus and Barcelona shirts) and another pair of Doc's.

I've also been watching The Video Game Years' on Amazon Prime which dedicates an episode to each year of the 80's, and also discovered a hidden gem of an 80's movie - Chopping Mall! Never heard of it before but has all the ingredients of a classic 80's film (also on Prime), loved it!View attachment 105155View attachment 105156View attachment 105158View attachment 105159

Vaguely remember watching the videogame heard back on the retroware channel circa 2013, they had some videos discussing the years from 1977-1979 which is missed off on amazon, remember the show having some classic retro YouTubers which I still watch to this day "the game chasers, avgn, Pat the nes punk, the video game historian" etc.

Chopping mall I do quite enjoy sadly, it's so bad it's kinda good. Not as bad as rotor, Jesus now that was a pile of ****

Funny you should say that as this is playing up so have been looking at the Husqvarna models!
My mate worked until a few weeks ago at an agricultural tractor sales place and swears buy them, he did all the warranty stuff there.
He did say that Stihl have just started doing them with not bad prices but that will not last for long.
He highly recommended HusqVarna as they have been selling them for years and reliable.
He showed me a clip that they have in the plans, a big drone that drops off multiple robot mowers and then pics them up and takes them back to base!!!

@kevlar chip U9 blown by any chance?
Yep. U9 and D9. at first I hadn't noticed U9, I bought a replacement for D9, that's easy to replace but then I noticed U9. Too small for me to deal with.

It's not a game specific board, it's common on all newer spikes I believe. Node board 8 ( 9 is the same board too ) , a 520-7017-72 . There's a story behind the replacement too, I'm sure Phil won't mind me sharing because it's Stern's **** up, nothing to do with him. See photo below for reason little deadpool drop reset coil locked on and started melting on bootup. Amazing QC Stern.

IMG_20200402_151912.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom