What's new

Pinside is such an angry place.....

So the whole Vonnie D Pinball Gremlins was a truck of bull from the start? Sheesh.... glad I'm so skint I think £150 is a lot of money to pay for pin so no chance of ever being tempted by a pre-order ;)

Email from Kevin.

"Production as you know has ceased on predator due to issues raised over licensing, we are happy no announce that working together with 20th century fox Skit-B pinball will now produce 200 machines under the licence of "Predator returned"
Danny Glover has agreed his likeness however we have to work away from the original source material.
The new game will be set in an alternate reality, if you imagine wizard of oz meets twilight saga, But this time with predators.
Thank you for staying with the project"

Sounds interesting almost a new theme Danny glover must be really old now though so that worries me

Email from Kevin.

"Production as you know has ceased on predator due to issues raised over licensing, we are happy no announce that working together with 20th century fox Skit-B pinball will now produce 200 machines under the licence of "Predator returned"
Danny Glover has agreed his likeness however we have to work away from the original source material.
The new game will be set in an alternate reality, if you imagine wizard of oz meets twilight saga, But this time with predators.
Thank you for staying with the project"

Sounds interesting almost a new theme Danny glover must be really old now though so that worries me
Hahahaha. The saga that will never die. Oz meets Twilight!?! ...... hmmm [emoji38]

Is that email for real? I hope no-one is falling for more of his bull****?

The main give-away (other than realising it's April 1st) is that email was about 10,000 words too short and contained way too much information per paragraph. The fact it contained any relevant information at all set alarm bells ringing :p

image.jpg Cool pic from pinside of Kevin walking through the rubble of skit b with a bucket full of our cash,
Lost all patience with this **** now can't believe no one in America has got hold of him

Just read 'The Inside Story' on Pinballnews.

How much of an idiot do you need to be to think that Fox saying you can use their IP under fair use, is permission to plaster it all over 250 machines and sell the damn things?

Why would he think that he had a licence when no money had been exchanged and lastly, why on earth would he think everyone else was doing 'this licencing thing' wrong all along?

Words fail me.

Here is the refund section if you're not reading the whole article: -

"
And refunding the money is Kevin’s priority. “Yeah, that’s paramount. That’s number one. Everybody needs to get their money back. So they can understand I didn’t blow all their money on crap, and it’s obviously not as bad as they thought it could be. Once that’s done, maybe people will take a more objective look towards what was going on, and say ‘well, maybe if that was untrue, I guess this might be untrue’, and… hopefully after hearing some of these things, people will understand all the better where I’m coming from.

So now he is at the point of having to refund everyone, we asked if Kevin knew how much of the pre-order money remains? He told us, the great majority of the funds still remains in the PayPal account.

After years of building prototypes, developing add-ons, taking the game to shows, and ordering parts, we feared the account might have either run dry or been close to reaching that point.

Kevin explained, “Well, yeah. This is one of those hot topics. It’s really easy to think, like, ‘Well, ****! I sent this guy three grand. He’s had my money for this long, and he’s probably ****ed it away on crap!' And… man I wish that were true. Like, if I had all these people’s money worth of stuff… I would not live in a 30-thousand dollar house and I would not drive a 2001 vehicle with a quarter tank of gas in it. I do not live the life of a multi-million dollar scam artist. I just don’t."

"And people assume that I personally have their money. Like I took it, I said ‘OK thanks’, I went to the store and I bought a TV and all this other crap. It’s just not me."

"And I’ve been trying to explain for the entirety of this project that any money that is sent to me is protected. And it’s created a huge pain in my butt, to be perfectly frank. It’s a pain that whenever I have to make, in comparison, a small order, like to get all the parts to build ten playfields, that’s a check for $5,900. It’s a lot because that’s more than the cost of a game and I’m sure, off the top of anybody’s head, you can think of something better to spend six grand on than a ****load of pop bumpers and flipper mechs. But honestly, to give a percentage of what went out compared to what has come in, it is incredibly small."

"If I had any intent to scam people or rip someone off or just take the money and disappear and not do anything, I wouldn’t have assembled playfields in my shop, and I wouldn’t put my first and last name all over everything. There are certain logical steps that have to be considered, and after this cools down a little bit I think a lot of people will start to see that."

"And, you know, a lot of naïve decisions were made, but, you know, I want people to walk away from this knowing that, like, pinball is not ripe for bad things to happen to good people. I don’t want people to think that there’s a door open here that allows shady people to do shady things with shady intentions deliberately, you know what I mean?

Kevin told us that although it is happening slowly and steadily, the refund process has begun and a number of those who pre-ordered have already received repayments."

I don't know of anyone who has received a refund from Kevin yet.....

As i've said before sociopath. There will be no refunds from him, only from chargebacks.

I think he believes all the ****e he talks, would make a great salesman.. oh wait...

Just had an email from paypal to say my credit card company has contacted them and is working with them to investigate.

Got the same email from Paypal today. Better than the "tough luck" one they sent a couple of weeks ago

So he's admitted some of the funds have gone. I can't imagine the prototypes and travelling across America to shows came cheap. No mention of how he expects to makeup the shortfall. I'm gutted for everyone. I took the plunge with WOZ and it could have easily been me out of pocket. I think it's pretty much blown the new company pre pay model out of the water

If anyone here would like to write an email to the Detective apparently looking into this case you can do so here:

Midland County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Detective Brett Benzing
2727 Rodd Street, Midland, mi 48642

(989) 839-4622 or BBenzing@co.midland.mi.us

The Detective described above sent this email to me (and others that complained):

"Dear Sirs/Madams-

My agency began an investigation of Mr. Kevin Kulek after taking multiple reports of fraud for taking monies for pinball machines and then failing to deliver those machines. I wanted to inform you that I have spoken with the attorney for Mr. Kulek and an interview is planned for next week. Additionally, based on the scope of the investigation, varied location(s) of possible victims, and total funds lost pursuant to these incidents, I have contacted the Federal Bureau of Investigation for assistance. At this point, I need each complainant to email me their complete name (F/M/L), date of birth, address, and telephone extension(s). I would also ask that you provide a basic and general outline of your contact with Mr. Kulek, purchase agreement, and total loss value. In addition, if you have electronic confirmation of contact with Kulek (i.e. emails, texts, sales agreement, paypal receipts, etc.) please forward those to this investigator via email. If you have already sent the information via email, I apologize for this message. I have been inundated by calls and emails from victims all over the country and the number of complainants already is great.

Compounding the problem with personal contact with each one of you is your location and time zone differences. I beg your patience at this time and assure you that at some point, Law Enforcement will need to collect further information from you. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Det. Benzing

Detective Brent Benzing
Midland County Sheriff's Office
Investigations Division
2727 Rodd St.
Midland, MI 48604
TX (989) 839-4621
FAX (989) 839-4618"

Jesus, I don't envy that detective. It's going to be a serious task to pull this all together, but it sounds like he's already way better at communicating that Kevin at Skit-B is.

Good luck to all those involved.

Back
Top Bottom