What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinside is such an angry place.....

If Kevin leaks the code for the game could anyone make a virtual pin?

Missed this one, had just seen it quoted. yes and probably less than 3 hours work to build given the layout is really simple.

I'd noticed in other promo videos he wasn't too worried about trying to hide any source and you were complete free to mod with no grief anyway.

I was going to knock up a bash Kevin with everyone involved closing in on him from every angle. Each time you hit him you take back $4750. If you can't hit him enough to get all money back then game over.

But decided this was bad taste....

No Andy we are all just refreshing our paypal accounts in the hope of a payment which ain't gonna happen

I'm hopefully having a chat with someone about all this later this afternoon / early evening. I'll report back if I get hold of them

but remember "processing refunds is hard...":mad:

Anyone had any joy with a credit card company? Mine are meant to be sending me a dispute form but it takes two weeks.

If we do get a miracle and get any money back how many of us would invest it wisely and how many will instantly spunk it on another pin?

Getting increasingly annoyed with the people on Pinside who are trying to goad fox into taking action. How exactly is that going to help anyone recover any of the money? I'm hoping against hope that there is something left in the pot, even if it's only 10% of the amount we paid in.

Getting increasingly annoyed with the people on Pinside who are trying to goad fox into taking action. How exactly is that going to help anyone recover any of the money?

Seriously? Idiots. Yes, drain the pot further by forcing Kevin to defend a gargantuan legal battle.

All part of the plan, say Fox have got involved - no money left..

Barclay card sent me the forms which I duly completed and return about a week ago now, going to call them today since Kevin has since come out and said the project is officially dead and cancelled.

Also going to try PayPal again with this new fact, so we've paid for something that will now not get built!

**** me. Someone on Pinside just got a full refund :clap:

Think it went via paypal. Stressing now as I went via the Credit card route instead

want to be really happy for the person who got the full refund

In reality now stressing about my share. Guess I'm a child of the 80s:oops:

**** it, whatever will be will be. But I'd advise anyone who hasn't yet done it to also go the paypal route as well as the CC one

want to be really happy for the person who got the full refund

In reality now stressing about my share. Guess I'm a child of the 80s:oops:

**** it, whatever will be will be. But I'd advise anyone who hasn't yet done it to also go the paypal route as well as the CC one

Can you not try PayPal to?

Problem is I went down the CC route as paypal is only good for 120 days or so. Now if Paypal are paying out will there be anything left it the pot? Hopefully so, but it might end up being like a game of musical chairs. I filed with Paypal as well this morning, so who knows. Fingers crossed it might be a good result for all.

I got this from Kevin..
I asked him for an honest answer..

I'm currently working through the refunds process and while some have gotten their money back, it's hard to say how long it will take for everyone.

what I got from that reply... REFUNDS ARE HARD!

I wonder how he's going through the refunds? Production order? Number order? People who paid first?

**** me. Someone on Pinside just got a full refund :clap:

Think it went via paypal. Stressing now as I went via the Credit card route instead

So it wasn't a refund. They filed a claim and won. Well, they haven't received any money yet. Kevin is still to issue a "refund"

Grrrr. ****ing hell what a **** storm.

Loved that we were all called "retards" on pinside this morning.

Still not heard jack from Kevin. I really can't make out what he is up to.:confused: Why reply to some emails and not all?

Really surprised that there hasn't been more fall out on other machines yet. There is no way the Matrix is licenced. Really can't see that the songs on TBL have also been cleared, wasn't there meant to be 14 or so songs used on it. That's potentially 14 record labels AND 14+ publishers that need to sign off on it. I used to hate putting out compilations for this reason. Potentially artists could also claim a break of "moral rights" if they dislike pins/gambling although I'm guessing they've waived these for use in the film already. Last time I heard they were claiming in Holland they didn't need to clear the song use and just had to pay a fee. Yeah right.

I asked the guy who got the "refund" the details about his claim as he paid the $4,500 deposit back in February 2014, i.e., well over 180 days ago His response:

I filed the dispute with my CC company on March 19th, I gave them a PDF of the PayPal confirmation email. They filed the chargeback with PayPal and immediately gave me my funds. If PayPal could provide evidence that I received the game then they would take back the funds.

I looked at my PayPal account and there was a dispute opened under my account (opened by the CC company). I checked the status every day. At first it was awaiting seller, then two days ago it went to PayPal review, and today it is closed stating "The chargeback case is closed because there is insufficient evidence to dispute the chargeback." PayPal couldn't get enough evidence to dispute the chargeback from my CC so they gave up. Discover is sending me a check because of my negative balance on my account.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/t...t-b-predator-discussion/page/125#post-2343149

"Discover" is the name of the guys credit card, quite popular in the US.

Problem is I went down the CC route as paypal is only good for 120 days or so. Now if Paypal are paying out will there be anything left it the pot? Hopefully so, but it might end up being like a game of musical chairs. I filed with Paypal as well this morning, so who knows. Fingers crossed it might be a good result for all.

If you paid by credit card, issue a chargeback. Can't see how you wouldn't get your money back
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

Edit: Just as that guy that Neudred posted about did ;)

Back
Top Bottom