What's new

Pinside is such an angry place.....

Sorry, did I read that correctly?? The FBI have now been contacted...
Kevin, if you are good to your word of refunding people, you don't have much time left before any funds get lost in legal suits. :(

Posting as Rude was posting so missed his comment.
I would much prefer that our friends got their money back than see Kevin and the money get lost in legal battles. Legal justice is one thing but not always the best or right thing.

Yep, we can kiss that coin goodbye peeps. There was just too much pressure from angry US buyers to not do anything. :(

I smell a bankruptcy coming......

No, I am not sure more time will help. Just to be clear, I am saying that I would prefer our friends got their money back rather than just baying for his blood.

I followed Dave Bishops advice and went in with the direct debit indemnity thing with HSBC.
I laid it on the line that it's fraud, explained that money was taken by deception and that there is a federal case ongoing against Skit-B and that paypal were all aware of the situation..
The very helpful bloke said that they have issued a reversal and it should show in my account within 24 hours ( it hasn't yet and its over 24 hours ) and if paypal do not disbute the reversal it will stay in my account.
It all sounds very hopeful but seems odd that very few have got money back and also I assume @Dave Bishop hasn't? Got his money back yet, and also that others on here and who I have also spoken to off the group have all differnt responses from their banks... It's a total turd in a teacup this entire thing

God, it just keeps getting worse doesn't it? Why the hell hasn't he refunded anything? If he had even refunded 50% of what he's been sent I suspect a lot of people would just have written the rest off as an expensive lesson.

If I'm honest I've got little interest in seeing him in jail but I do want him to refund as much of the money as possible to people.

I can't figure out why he would keep lying about refunds. Running and hiding I get. Stealing $1 million I get. Lying and hoping people won't notice though:confused: Part of me is wondering if he is actually cleverer than people give him credit and he was hoping that people would go past the 12-13 barrier so the credit card companies couldn't go after him for charge backs.

Kevin would be extraordinarily stupid to use the money that was paid to him for the machines to use as his defence fund.

I would have thought that the funds would be frozen, and that since these funds are the funds in question, they couldn't be used...

Who knows though.... I'm no expert in UK law, let alone US...

I followed Dave Bishops advice and went in with the direct debit indemnity thing with HSBC.
I laid it on the line that it's fraud, explained that money was taken by deception and that there is a federal case ongoing against Skit-B and that paypal were all aware of the situation..
The very helpful bloke said that they have issued a reversal and it should show in my account within 24 hours ( it hasn't yet and its over 24 hours ) and if paypal do not disbute the reversal it will stay in my account.
It all sounds very hopeful but seems odd that very few have got money back and also I assume @Dave Bishop hasn't? Got his money back yet, and also that others on here and who I have also spoken to off the group have all differnt responses from their banks... It's a total turd in a teacup this entire thing

I called HSBC yesterday and apparently as the transactions took place over 12 months ago there is a few forms to fill out. If it had been less than 12mths then money would have been in account within 24hrs.

I think as it stands I have some forms to fill in, the bank also sends forms to paypal. The bank said they are in the post They have 10days maximum to appeal/question the reversal. If not then money comes back.

I thought there was a thing with PayPal that when they learnt that it was being used to take deposits they locked the account. Kevin said that buying anything was a nightmare because it was so difficult to get PayPal to release funds for the project. This is supposed to explain why it's been so difficult to issue the refunds. If that's true (and I haven't any idea if it's fact and I certainly wouldn't take Kevin's word for it) then the chances of PayPal releasing any remaining funds for Kevin to use for legal expenses should be zero when it's the return of that money that's in question.

As mentioned earlier though, if this is heading towards a criminal prosecution over monies received via fraud then that account is going to be well and truly locked by the FBI.

I reckon that Sheriff's radar will look something like this when he interviews KK next week:

c03d8f0054c539ffaef772998181dbe6.jpg

Had the money refunded by the credit card company back onto my credit card. So my credit card is in credit. This happened on the 14th and they haven't been in touch to tell me. It's just appeared there.
Made up for you mate.

I followed up HSBC today, and was told that paypal have agreed my request ( as in they could challenge it ) but HSBC said paypal said it could take up to ...... Wait for it........ 180 days to hit the account :-o 180 days!!!!!
But it's still good news that it appears to be going in the right direction

Except you can't actually get the money back into your current account from your CC can you without a charge for doing so?

When I was talking to them, they said they would arrange a transfer to my current account.

I eventually got an email from them today about the refund which happened 7 days ago. I have to wait 45 days really for it to be challenged. I actually checked my paypal account and there is a case raised for this claim against Skit-B. It's awaiting Kevin's response.

After this episode and the general opinion on TWD on the other thread, looks like it may be the death of pre-order, I have since moved on from needing the MMR as that's dragging like hell, so there is no way I would buy a NIB again with all the delays, risks of it turning out to be a crap machine (TWD) and risk of a total loss in the event of Pred, think I will stick to my pre-loved 15 years + old Bally Wms in future.

Back
Top Bottom