What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Oct 13, 2012] NORTHERN LIGHTS 2012 (Manchester)

Thanks go out to our very good friend Mark Squires from the pinball surgery for the donation on our just giving page..
Your a gentleman Mark..:cheer2:
If you can not make the show and would like to help us raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust you can make a donation at
http://www.justgiving.com/Northern-Lights-Pinball-Show
Please consider donating, its all for a very good cause.

Does anyone have a lift platform that we can borrow for the show ?
If you can please give me a call on 07956288305 Mark

Does anyone know whether tickets can be bought on the door. I booked mine in advance but the missus is thinking she might come along mainly to go to the Trafford Centre, but in case she does want to come and play pinball do I need to get on the Play Expo site asap?

I think you can buy at door but you will pay full price, if your struggling come in see me (Mark) and I may be able to sort you out with one at our discount, you can then take it back out to her...

No long rants so late after such a long day, I will do the proper thanks in a few days.
Just a quick one to give some very important friends of the NLP a big pat on the back
To the guys and gals who helped us pack up and get all pin loaners on theri way within 30 mins of the show ending, then helped us get our pins on to the vans to do the first drops tonight.
Thanks to these heroes we will have the last trips loaded first thing in the morning and hopefully be done by dinner time.
Weve been told that Sat attendance was well over 6500 people, Sundays although less must have took it to well over 10,000.
The NLP Crew

Amazing show, thanks to everyone involved, really great work. The venue is HUGE, made 80 pins look like a small corner :eek:

It was great to see the new X-men pin there as well. Really quick and fun to play, definitely the best Stern I've played. I'm a fan of LOTR, but the ball times are just too looooong for me.

Chris Brim receives the signed WOZ translite on behalf of Jim Askey one of the pin loyalty draw winners

woz.jpg

Eric (transformers) Ridley with the coloured post rubbers donated by Cliffy, that he won in the pin loyalty draw

eric.jpg

Congratulations to all the winners, especially Leo who is going to be a formidable force in the future. It is great to see the young un take to the game.

It was my first time playing NBA and I felt it was a great set-up, a unique game experience and well organised. I definietly take part again and well done to the winners.

Thanks Calimori for all your help setting up, I hope you felt part of the family on the friday runs.
Hopefully if it goes ahead again next year you will bring a pin and join us the day before to help out.
Thanks again.

I certainly will be back next year and I did feel like part of the family, the special needs cousin but still related. But I am not sure a pin will fit on the back of the motorbike ;). My journey home just touched rush hour traffic but I managed to do it in under 3hrs on the bike.
Having said that, if Dan chooses to bring some of his machines, we could get a van and talk bollox for four hours to keep ourselves amused.:rolleyez:

That would be great,,, we have the space for a lot of pins,.
Also got plans for a pincos play, Ive spoke to the queen of them Ziggy Ziggy whatever (I dont think that is her real name)..
Big plans for next year..... just need date confirmation to start the ball rolling.
I hope you both had as much fun as we did.. expecially the big green martian, he had no friends until he put that on.

Well the dust is just starting to settle on what has been another fantastic show for the NLP.

Once again we chose The Teenage Cancer Trust as our charity and should know in a couple of weeks how much we have raised.

The crowds were unbelievable with over 6,500 on the first day, along with the numbers also came a two hour queue to get in, Sunday although lower numbers the door was better organised and seemed to flow a lot smoother.

We had a late night Saturday pin session for friends and family of the NLP, this went on until midnight, and was so surreal with 80 pins, the lights off in the rest of our side of the building and around 30 people chilling out, no stress, no queues, a time to play the games that had been busy all day. We also drew the pin loyalty raffle where all pins were numbered, numbers placed in a hat and drawn at random, just the NLP way of saying thank you to the people who were kind enough to loan us their pride and joy.

Everything seemed to run so smoothly, Darren and I did have one problem, we went in early Friday to mark the floor out, we spent around 45 minutes measuring, chalking and pinging chalk lines, next thing a cleaner came and swept all our chalk lines away, we did the marking in tape after that.

We were amazed at how well the tombola ran with Lorena and Steve, they were fantastic at it.

We had so many firsts at the show
First UK show to have Xmen, Poibugs multiball haunted house, and the first to preview Dave's DMD extender.

Now for the thank you's..

Thanks first and foremost to the pinheads who were kind enough to loan us their machines, without these people no pinball show would ever happen.

Thank you to Electrocoin for the Tombola prizes and loaning us the Xmen, Darren and I were like kids in a sweet shop when we were setting it up Thursday night, brand new pin and we were the first to play it.

Thank you to our friends Gary Stern and Jersey jack for donating so many great items to help us raise money for the TCT.

Thank you to our comp sponsors,
Pinball Mania the longstanding sponsor of the NBA Challenge, this comp has now been to every major UK show and we have now been invited to take it up to Scotland to their open in November.
Pinball Heaven who sponsored our free play under 16s comp on Shrek. They also sponsored our adult pay per play high score comp on Ironman.

Thank you to all who donated raffle and tombola prizes, there were far too many to name individually but we really do appreciate it.

And last but defiantly not least..
Thank you to all the friends of the NLP who came along be it one day or all weekend and helped us set up, run and break down the show.
These are the unsung heroes, thanks to these guys and gals we had the really long distance pins packed and loaded and on their way just before the end of the show, we also had all other pin loaners loaded within 30 minutes of the show finishing. Last year we were still dropping pins off on Tuesday, this year the last van finished around tea time Monday.
The people who were never asked but just walked up and down the isles instructing people how to play pinball, how you don't have to play four player when you just want one game, how to plunge the ball, how you know the game is over., the list is endless.

We knew several of the Northern League members are new to the hobby and have only come into it after our earlier shows, but on the trip to drop pins off Sunday night with Paul Garner who had taken time off work to help us, I discovered that he too was new to pinball, he attended our first show for the gaming and got hooked on the pinball, he loaned two games this year and has his third in bits at home. We think there will be a lot more pinheads on the scene this year and with the estimated 50% per year growth at the event will be a lot more pinheads in the years to come.

Our just giving page http://www.justgiving.com/Northern-Lights-Pinball-Show has beaten our target of £300, Please consider making a donation, its all for a great cause, the final figures from the show itself will not be in until our eBay items that are for sale at the moment have ended.

You can keep up with all the news, comments and photos or even comment yourself, on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/NLPinball

If you have any ideas on ways we can improve next years show, or maybe something new you would like to see contact us at info@ukpinball.com.

Thanks once again to you all and I apologise for anyone I may have missed off.

Just a couple of weeks to recover then it all starts again..

We are handing a cheque for £2000 to the Teenage Cancer Trust at Event City tommorrow, on top of this is over £400 including gift aid from our just giving page which goes direct to them..
Thanks to all who helped make this possible.

We are handing a cheque for £2000 to the Teenage Cancer Trust at Event City tommorrow, on top of this is over £400 including gift aid from our just giving page which goes direct to them..
Thanks to all who helped make this possible.

Excellent, you guys done great :hippie:

We went to hand a cheque for £2000 over to the teenage Cancer trust today at Event City..
Left to right.. Simon Lowe (NLP), Mark Robinson (NLP), Michelle White (TCT), Poibug (NLP).
The total raised was £2400 including our Just Giving page.
DSCF2869.jpg

His shirt was on the right way around, we managed to turn his head and feet through 180 degrees, aparantly hes done it before when he was an extra in a film called the exorcist.

Back
Top Bottom