What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights Pinball Show at Event City Manchester. 8th,9th October Pin Pledg

@Wiredworm

If you are staying at the Jury's on Great Bridgewater Street, it is next to a superb early 19th century pub called the Briton's Protection. This is the real mcCoy, wood panelled rooms, back bars, a rarely used upstairs bar. It is one of the highlights of that part of Manchester and is virtually adjacent to the old Hacienda (knocked down and rebuilt as flats).

It is also just about in sight of, and about 200 yards from another of Manchester's better city centre pubs, The Peveril of the Peak, which has a superb juke box. In my more decadent days I used to order a delivery pizza then buy two pints from the Pev and take them home into my flat which was immediately opposite its front door

Last edited:
Map for those coming. Satnav to M41 7TB. As you come off the motorway you should see signs for Play Expo and/or Event City.

Pin loaners dropping off on Friday should come up Mercury Way, then take the first major left turn which will bring you to a security gate. Explain you're dropping a pinball machine off, and they'll probably point you to the far end which is bay VE5. You can drive straight in and will no doubt see people to help you

On Saturday and Sunday you can follow the signs up Phoenix Way (green arrow) onto the main carpark. There is overflow parking both on Trafford Centre (Sealife Centre) and across the road to EventCity. Again, all will be signposted.

View attachment 36361

Can I get in the Pin Loaders bay on Saturday morning ?
Would like to be there around 9am ?

Shouldn't be too much of an issue, as your drop off is a bit different. I'll send you a pm Robert

Re R2D2 "the kids" but more me really are looking forward to seeing R2 is he on at certain times?

Nobody taking an Avengers ? I wouldn't mind having a go on one with a view to a future purchase.

Anyone know of some decent accommodation left nearby that doesn't need a mortgage? (I'm guessing not). Anyone looking to cancel a room?

I booked a room at travelodge Trafford sale about ten days ago. They might still have rooms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If anyone wants to divvy up and share the cost I'm at the Trafford Travelodge Friday/Saturday.

@Wiredworm
If you are staying at the Jury's on Great Bridgewater Street, it is next to a superb early 19th century pub called the Briton's Protection. This is the real mcCoy, wood panelled rooms, back bars, a rarely used upstairs bar. It is one of the highlights of that part of Manchester and is virtually adjacent to the old Hacienda (knocked down and rebuilt as flats).
Yeah, that's the one. A mate of mine has spent a fair bit of time in Manchester over the years so he's already lined up a few watering holes for the Saturday night.

And of course Pinformer has also been consulted in order to find some 'pins in the wild'. :)

Like last year I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express at Leigh, its a 20 minute drive from the venue but loads cheaper. I booked 2 nights for £115 a couple of weeks ago but its gone up a little bit since then, still pretty cheap though.

https://uk.hotels.com/ho271768/holi...-adults=2&q-room-0-children=0&tab=description
@Tucks I'm booked here too. £117 for double room as I've got 3 kids. Seems to be just about the cheapest in the area other than some ropey looking old-school B&Bs.

If everyone could please *not* play Vanguard that would be appreciated.

I have some unfinished business with that game from 1982 when it basically stole most of my dinner money and made me survive the school day on one bag of tomato Snaps. Also caused to me come up with endless lies as to where I had been until 6 o'clock every night. And p*ssed off the shop owners who had to drag me off it every night when they wanted to lock up.

This will be my first games on it since then :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'm a little excited :cool:

* I FRICKIN LOVE VANGUARD *

vanguardFlyer.jpg

My good lady has just mentioned that there is also a Stitching, Sewing & Hobbycrafts show on at Event City this coming weekend. www.stitchandhobby.co.uk/manchester/autumn/

Somewhere for all the pinball widows and bored partners that have been dragged along for the weekend to visit. I know Sylv is planning to have a look around this while we all are banging our balls about at NLP. :suspect:

Maybe cheaper on the household budget than having the ladies being let loose in the Trafford Centre all weekend with the joint credit card... :-o

Back
Top Bottom