What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights Pinball Show at Event City Manchester. 8th,9th October Pin Pledg

Booked Pentahotel (Warrington) only 10 miles drive and looks OK. £79 for Saturday night, can't grumble.

ideal if your cosplay starts to fall apart. at the EAG in London you can sometimes sneak into the yatch show and see how the other half lives - and even most of them would be ineligible for Batman 66 SLE

fingers crossed for Andy and team. Probably going to be the cheapest new game on offer at EXPO!

bizarrely everyone else is neglecting the site operator market whereas Heighways system should appeal to them.

Would have thought they would be doing 'something' in the UK regarding Alien.....but seems like nothing planned.

Silly question, but im guessing i can just buy a weekend ticket there? All booked in for Friday and saturday night in the premier inn hotels, but need to get one weekend pass as @strobey will have a free one as he is bringing a machine.

Dunc

Silly question, but im guessing i can just buy a weekend ticket there? All booked in for Friday and saturday night in the premier inn hotels, but need to get one weekend pass as @strobey will have a free one as he is bringing a machine.

Dunc

You probably can but you may have to queue just to pay for it, contact @replicas or @Wizcat or look at the link on the first page of this thread and buy one off the NLP boys, helps raise money for Teenage Cancer Trust :)

Dunc

Sorry, our discount tickets with early entry are sold out now. If you had been 24hrs sooner you probably would have been ok! You can pay on the door, but the queue for that only starts moving at 11am I believe. Best option now may be :

http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/play-expo-manchester-2016-tickets-24396160573?discount=mendiscount

Well worth getting someone to stand in line and then buggering off towards the front to check what's happening.

A year or two back we ended up waiting in the wrong queue for almost an hour. Hopefully this year it might be a bit better organised.

Don't worry Rudi, Sam and I can guide you all the way from the Travelodge to the correct queue on Saturday morning. :D

If not, just ask one of the many officials on the site when you get there. The priority queue may seem massive when you are waiting to enter, but once the doors open you'll find it moves very quickly.

Don't worry Rudi, Sam and I can guide you all the way from the Travelodge to the correct queue on Saturday morning. :D

If not, just ask one of the many officials on the site when you get there. The priority queue may seem massive when you are waiting to enter, but once the doors open you'll find it moves very quickly.

I like that idea cuz I've no idea how to get there either lol

I like that idea cuz I've no idea how to get there either lol
Last year the stewards scanned your ticket and pointed you to the queue. When doors opened I was inside within 2 or 3 minutes and I was near the back.'thought it was very well organised. When the doors open everyone just walks in with no more checks

Can I not buy a ticket tomorrow at some point as I'll be there? Instead of queuing?

Dunc

Buying direct from NLP is always a better option (cheaper, plus supports our charity). I think you should have PM's now. Sorry, hadn't realised you were coming Friday with Tim

Nearly time !! For the greatest show on earth :clap::clap:

So what are the troops looking forward to ...pins or otherwise ?

For me

Pins - any I haven't really played before which from the list is some of the lesser seen Gotts, Barracora, Spring Break, Bonebusters,Hobbit and GB Prem of course, Saturday night lock in :D when I usually do my playing

Vids - Vanguard , all bout Vanguard this year .....and Salamander, Gorf and loads of others

Talks - Ian Livingstone - yes I had a sizeable collection of weird shaped dice in my youth
Tony Crowther - C64 game designer ... Thing On A Spring !

All the old computers and systems - I love browsing all of these hungover on Sunday . A nice glow of nostalgia washing over me.

Cosplay - purely from a sociological viewpoint

A bed - last year I crashed on the threadbare floor of the Premier Inn. I'm getting too old for that sh*t.

And of course....Meeting up with all the freaks and wonders of the pin scene . I mean that in the best possible way :thumbs: If I haven't met you before then please say hello/buy me a pint etc ;)

I'll mostly be found marshalling the queue for Popeye :D , please can I request no line jumping, saving places etc, stay inside the roped off area, you'll all get a game ...just keep calm yeah.

Looking forward to heaps of Pinball. Since R&B has been in bits for ages now it'll be nice to get a few games in.

Oh, and looking forward to seeing Jon Hare and Ben Daglish belting out some classic video game tunes too on the Sunday.

I'll hopefully ditch my crushing shyness for the weekend and manage to meet up with some people from here too. :)

Back
Top Bottom