What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights Pinball Show at Event City Manchester. 8th,9th October Pin Pledg

Finally got around to booking the hotel last night! I'm bringing three 12-year old boys who will spent the weekend playing video games, so choice was slightly limited but found a Holiday Inn in Leigh about 8 miles away (similar distance as the Holiday Inn Warrington that we stayed at last year) and it was only £117 for 2 nights! Result!

Possibly a stupid question, but where's the best place to park your car if you're doing some logistics?

e.g. picking up Aaron's PDI glass, or buying some fairly clunky stuff like Mirror blades.
I'll drop you a PM with my contact details Paul because as you're being good enough to transport and store my glass for me then the least I can do is offer a hand in getting it loaded up. If i'm not needed then fine but I don't want you having to struggle with a shed load of glass.

Advice/request for those bringing and setting up machines, please level your machine and please return to your machine once everything is up and running to check the volume is loud enough. 2 things that ruin it for me is a machine thats not level or can't be heard. Mini rant over :rolleyes::D:thumbs:

Couldn't agree more and machines that are faulty so just sit unused all weekend. I know my machine at the slam was guilty of this but it worked when it left. I mean the machines that have clearly had issues for a long time seen quite a few at pinball party and the slam.

Paul and Andrew, will be sorting out collections this weekend and will be trying to fit you both in.
We want both Congo and CSI.
D,

Any advice for 1st time attending NLP what's the protocol?
Don't sh1t your pants, or what smells like it, then walk away from a table leaving everyone around to think it is the next person (me) that has befouled themselves :mad:. You will also most likely be ill on Monday due to the questionable hygiene of a lot of attendees :(.

Don't sh1t your pants, or what smells like it, then walk away from a table leaving everyone around to think it is the next person (me) that has befouled themselves :mad:. You will also most likely be ill on Monday due to the questionable hygiene of a lot of attendees :(.

"Crop Dusting" (farting repeatedly whilst walking around the show) is a traditional part of the show experience, and I'm sure that myself, and many others that have eaten a hearty breakfast in the hotel before the show (including some of those those tasty baked beans) will be doing just that. :suspect:

Sadly this is all too true, many people attending will have never seen a bar of soap in their life. Always worth carrying a small can of deodourant with you to try and combat it!

Lack of personal hygiene is a different matter! A good hot shower before and after the show at the hotel is a must, including the use of said deodorant. I wonder what would happen if you sprayed one of the smelly miscreants at the show? :rolleyes: :rofl:

I'd be tempted to suggest not turning up too early or even right at opening time as the initial queue is always bloody huge.

If you really want to turn up early to be sure of parking near the main entrance (although they use an overflow car park over the road they open when that's full so there's not usually any danger of running out of spaces) I'd go for a stroll round the Traff Centre and get some decent food in or just have a mooch round the shops.

That being said you could always spend the time waiting getting an eyeful of all the cosplayers in Japanese school uniforms and whatnot...

The queue always looks massive but as the early birds are not handing money over, just flashing a wrist band, it literally goes down in minutes once the doors open.

I recall a complete shambles a few years ago (before I was part of the NLP team) there was a long delay of at least an hour before the doors were opened at the start on Saturday (near nerd riots began).

This was then compounded by the fact that they had 2 queues, one for people with tickets (about 95% of people) and those without. People were less than impressed that those without tickets went pretty much straight in once the doors were opened, leaving those with tickets having to wait for the massive line to filter through the doors, which by itself probably took another hour. Complete balls up by the organisers, thankfully I've not heard of anny issues since this.

If it's not too late, how do I buy an advance purchase ticket please? Cheers. John

I have a spare one of the early tickets if someone wants it they can have it all I ask is donate £10 to the teenage cancer guys and it's yours

My Sega Goldeneye can go to the show if anyone can collect from Halifax.
I am also available to help out on the Friday if needed?
Garry

Would be great if everyone bringing a machine with this setting can make sure it's enabled. I know some (myself included) disable it to prevent the temptation of just restarting games endlessly when playing at home, but for public play it's really useful.
Good idea. I have also turned on 'Timed Plunge' so that any games left mid game will eventually reset back to attract mode.

i have some tickets for both days that i won in a raffle, but i get in free as i'm bringing games.
a weekend pass would normally cost you £25, but these are available for £15 which will be donated to the Teenage Cancer Trust (or you can give it to them in front of me if you like)
respond here or by PM, the response with the earliest timestamp gets them

i have some tickets for both days that i won in a raffle, but i get in free as i'm bringing games.
a weekend pass would normally cost you £25, but these are available for £15 which will be donated to the Teenage Cancer Trust (or you can give it to them in front of me if you like)
respond here or by PM, the response with the earliest timestamp gets them
Tom might need one

Back
Top Bottom