What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights Pinball Show 2016

Hi guys,

Just putting feelers out here. I have two nights booked in a FAMILY room at Trafford park Travelodge for the play expo. Stupidly this year I booked a cruise on the expo weekend, and even more stupidly booked the non-refundable hotel because I had forgot I had booked the cruise DOH!!!!!

I will know very soon but this room could be up for grabs to the highest bidder.

Here are the details. I just want to know if anyone is interested at the moment and will firm up availability in the next couple of days (as my daughter may want them)

upload_2016-7-27_10-39-48.png

Cheers

Kev

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-27_10-38-32.png
    upload_2016-7-27_10-38-32.png
    5 KB · Views: 8
No room at the Inn if you just try and book Saturday however if you book Friday and Saturday then there are rooms available but of course no good if you don't want to stay Friday - money grabbing so a so's :mad:

i used to race rc cars and had the same issue - so i'd book the two nights and then phone them and cancel the one I didn't want.

The "Lights Out" Lock-in is confirmed again for this year. :thumbs::clap:

As it has been previously - the event is strictly limited places (enforced by the venue) & pin-loaners will get 1st refusal / discounted price for wrist-bands for it.

If there are any places left an announcement will be made nearer the time regarding entry for non pin-loaners.

So far, the plan is generally the same as the previous 2 years:
- we will have the venue (pinballs only) from close to just before midnight
- there will be pizza (not that anyone went hungry previously, but I'll look at getting more!) & various munchies/drinks; non-alcoholic drinks will be provided, but you can bring whatever you like of your own.
- we may be looking to include a little competition (with prizes)...if anyone's particularly interested in this, please can you let me know so I can try & gauge the level of interest - at the moment, not sure whether to run a serious or fun comp...so again, if you have views on either, I'd be happy to hear them.
- there will be a charge (to cover costs) - tbc nearer the time, but likely to be about £10 (any profit goes to the Teenage Cancer Trust).

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve it please let me know.
(@cooldan topless waitresses are probably out of our price range & you probably wouldn't want the lasses you can get from Salford for the price of a bag of chips...well, actually, you might! :-o)

Regards,
Dan.

I'll be there both nights, planning to arrive late Friday with a vanload of pins (unless I cadge a lift up with the South Coast Posse of course). I don't plan on leaving loads of legs behind this time either.

I'd be up for a comp or two on the Saturday lock in, but not of the cut throat serious variety.

For example - I suggest a random hat draw sudden death on a single game, winner progresses to A division, loser goes into B. And repeat within each division, so everyone stays 'in' all the way through. With 32 people it would go like this -
R1 16 random draws on random machines > 16 in A, 16 in B
R2A: 8 games > 8 in AA, 8 in AB
R2B: 8 games > 8 in BA, 8 in BB
R3AA: 4pairs > 4 AAA, 4 AAB
R3AB: 4pairs > 4 ABA, 4 ABB
R3BA: 4pairs > 4 BAA, 4 BAB
R3BB: 4pairs > 4 BBA, 4 BBB
R4 we now have 8 groups of 4, everyone is still in, we do it again in random pairs, ending up in 16 groups from AAAA to BBBB
R5 (final games) Martin plays Craig in AAAA for 1st/2nd, while I play John Whitfield in BBBB division for 31st/32nd
To win you have to win 5 on the trot. Single games mean anyone can progress. Winner gets nothing. Loser gets nothing.

Ok I admit it, it's a **** format.

Last edited:
I'll be there both nights, planning to arrive late Friday with a vanload of pins (unless I cadge a lift up with the South Coast Posse of course). I don't plan on leaving loads of legs behind this time either.

I'd be up for a comp or two on the Saturday lock in, but not of the cut throat serious variety.

For example - I suggest a random hat draw sudden death on a single game, winner progresses to A division, loser goes into B. And repeat within each division, so everyone stays 'in' all the way through. With 32 people it would go like this -
R4 we now have 8 groups of 4, everyone is still in, we do it again in random pairs, ending up in 16 groups from AAAA to BBBB
R5 (final games) Martin plays Craig in AAAA for 1st/2nd, while I play John Whitfield in BBBB division for 31st/32nd
To win you have to win 5 on the trot. Single games mean anyone can progress. Winner gets nothing. Loser gets nothing.

Dan,
I will get in touch 're pin loans and time to drop off/unload when I get back from holiday.
Watch this space for me asking for pin loans for the show in a week's time.
D.

Ruddy ell Dan think you can be comp manager/controller, my head is spinning just reading all that - have you been consuming alcohol :)

If more players then will it be AAAAAA to BBBBBB :eek:

I'm happy to sponsor beer (or other refreshments!) and pizza to gain lockout entry option :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "Lights Out" Lock-in is confirmed again for this year. :thumbs::clap:

As it has been previously - the event is strictly limited places (enforced by the venue) & pin-loaners will get 1st refusal / discounted price for wrist-bands for it.

If there are any places left an announcement will be made nearer the time regarding entry for non pin-loaners.

So far, the plan is generally the same as the previous 2 years:
- we will have the venue (pinballs only) from close to just before midnight
- there will be pizza (not that anyone went hungry previously, but I'll look at getting more!) & various munchies/drinks; non-alcoholic drinks will be provided, but you can bring whatever you like of your own.
- we may be looking to include a little competition (with prizes)...if anyone's particularly interested in this, please can you let me know so I can try & gauge the level of interest - at the moment, not sure whether to run a serious or fun comp...so again, if you have views on either, I'd be happy to hear them.
- there will be a charge (to cover costs) - tbc nearer the time, but likely to be about £10 (any profit goes to the Teenage Cancer Trust).

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve it please let me know.
(@cooldan topless waitresses are probably out of our price range & you probably wouldn't want the lasses you can get from Salford for the price of a bag of chips...well, actually, you might! :-o)

Regards,
Dan.

Great stuff Dan :clap: One of the highlights of the weekend and it's when I get some serious pinballing done....with Joe Public out of the way :thumbs: I'm there. I'll be throwing a pin in Matts van, or Toms car. Chiz chiz.

Crap joke response: :tut:

Crap joke.png
Regards,
Dan.

Guest speakers already looking good. Ian Livingstone ...Fighting Fantasy/Games Workshop ...and now Tony Crowther ... C64 game programmer legend :clap:

http://www.playexpomanchester.com/second-guest-announced-tony-crowther/

Last year Warren Davis, Qbert Creator, talk was one of the highlights for me.

These are just another reason its without a doubt THE gaming event of the year :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom