What's new

Northern Lights at Play Expo Manchester. Official machine pledges.

So are you coming ...when ?
Yup, i'm there all weekend and arriving Friday evening. There's a few of us from work and a mate of mine is even flying over from Denmark.

Where you staying ?
Premier Inn West

Going to the lock in ?
Alas no. Because we've got a fair few of us going and i'm meeting up with some other gaming chums we'll most likely be headed into Manc on the Friday and Saturday nights. If I can drag R&B along next year then hopefully I might be also able to get to the lock-in.

So are you coming ...when ?
Yup, i'm there all weekend and arriving Friday evening. There's a few of us from work and a mate of mine is even flying over from Denmark.

Where you staying ?
Premier Inn West

Going to the lock in ?
Alas no. Because we've got a fair few of us going and i'm meeting up with some other gaming chums we'll most likely be headed into Manc on the Friday and Saturday nights. If I can drag R&B along next year then hopefully I might be also able to get to the lock-in.

Pinmate from DenmarK - not Mike Kloss is it?

poi

Naaaah, a guy called Morten. He's not big in the pinball world but he bought a Ripleys and Black Rose a while back and still loves playing the silver ball.

Really looking forward to the weekend; huge thanks to those that arrange it and those that loan machines and help out in other ways. I'll do my best to take some advise offered in this thread so we can hopefully lighten the load for you guys.

my son,16, loves Tempest - he's made up with this :thumbs:Apart from the tunes in it

Can't imagine playing this on console without a paddle controller it wouldn't feel right however its tempest so it'll be fun non the less. I'm of similar age (17) and I'm semi addicted to Tempest not as much as Space Zap though.

Last edited:
I'll be there Thursday pm, van pickup run Friday am, at the venue Friday pm, then there all weekend including the lock in. I'm gonna be buggered on Monday! :eek:

I have Friday and Monday off. Travel down the Friday and back Monday. The lock in is good because it means I don’t have to worry about playing certain games with the crowds. Plus also means if I’m buckled Friday night I don’t have to justify an early morning as much.

sorry f i have missed this, how is the logistics of the machines for the pinball comp being sorted? Will we have to wait till end of day and no public before moving them for public use on Sat? Assume machine in tournament for Sunday will not be available for public?

The tournament runs over both days. Ten machines will be used in qualifying on Saturday and through to midday on Sunday. After that they are open for public play, and we switch to a different set of 5 machines for finals (which were previously available for public play, but from around midday will be used for comp)

No machines moved about. The competition area moves about instead. We'll also be trying to pick duplicated machines, whilst still trying to get a diverse range of machines.

Basically we've tried really hard to please everyone, making all machines available at some time, whilst still running a competition worthy of the NLP banner. Would be happy to hear how we did after the event :)

Yes. No need to pre-register. Just turn up and pay your £4 (or £3 for early entry tickets, completed before 1pm Sat)

You then play your choice of three different games (from the ten available) and we record your score. Your rank on each machine (compared to other scores during qualifying) is used and added together to make your qualifying ticket score.
Top 16 qualifying tickets go through to finals

Best bit is that if you're not happy with your scores, you can pay again and have another go, even choosing different machines if you like. Your best ticket is used in the final rankings.

All the ticket entry funds go towards charity, the hundreds of pounds in prize money and trophies has been provided by sponsors.

We'll have live scores available via the internet, so you can see how your scores are holding up (and we'll make that available at: www.ukpinball.com/pinball-battle/live on the day)
@strobey is kindly running some competition streaming which is available via his usual Twitch channel which we've echoed to www.ukpinball.com/pinball-battle/tv

Roll Call ...........! :clap:

Coming up on Friday with as many machines as we can squeeze into the van.

Staying at one of the premier inns but not sure which one.

No lock-in for me as the wife and kids are coming up Saturday, but that does mean I've got a pass to get pi$$ed Friday night. :thumbs:

For anyone needing to know where to drop machines off...

scontent.fbhx1_1.fna.fbcdn.net_v_t31.0_8_22339679_10154827507420d2235bac55df1a8d48b9701a0ee117.jpg

Thanks and to the NLP team am I ok to drop my machine off there on Saturday morning and if so what time will I be able to get access? Or will it be a different entrance to bring the machine in please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
I am 50/50 whether or not I can get there, assuming I can am I still ok to pay at the door and what time can I get there.
Thanks, Tom

Thanks and to the NLP team am I ok to drop my machine off there on Saturday morning and if so what time will I be able to get access? Or will it be a different entrance to bring the machine in please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chris ,
There's a small window to drop off your machine Saturday morning at the above location.
You need to be there at 8.30am and no later than 8.45am.
I will PM you my mobile number if things don't run to plan.
D.

Back
Top Bottom