What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North East Retro Gaming Event 29th&30th June 2013

A great weekend, cheers to Phil, all the donators and helpers.
I think Indy 500 and No Fear are now on my list of "reasonable" priced pins to try to buy sometime and a guilty pleasure of starship troopers.

Had a great weekend all the way up in that party-toon they call Newcastle! Was a cracking first event and was great fun!

Managed to wade in and do come cap resoldering to get the Woz running and yeah, the new code felt heaps better [also wasn't loud enough to hear it thankfully ;p]
Northern Lights posse did a great job once more, nice to see the Matrix etc. Whoever's No Fear that was it played like a dream! I kinda liked Austin Powers but I'd not played one before hehe!

My pics are at http://www.ukvac.com/gallery/index.php/NERG1 but I like this one the most:

www.ukvac.com_gallery_var_resizes_nerg1_nerg_10.JPG_8a7c94055dc144d421849118f7058f3e.jpg

Well done all!

Aye, a great weekend but totally knackered now. Got a room of machine mess to sort today and just want to zonk out....

I now want a Spiderman (again) plus an Attack from Mars. Matrix was very impressive and quite stunning to look at. Weekend went well, good venue and quite a success for a first show. Should only get better and bigger from here onwards.

Great to see loads of faces, Mark, Daz, Tony and Candy Flosster in particular for a good laugh all weekend. :)

Morning guys!

Truly humbled by all the amazing feedback. Not one negative comment. Well, apart from some "Milly Tant" who thought the photo of the girl playing Star Wars was sexist. The girl in question has actually made it her Facebook profile picture!

There are SO many people to thank. The machine donators who put their faith in me, the gaming community who continuously supported me and my friends and family who never stopped once during the weekend.

Then there is the "tech" team who are constantly running around fixing and maintaining machines to keep them running for the paying public. Putting shout outs for spares etc. Great team spirit.

Get your pics and videos uploaded and I'll share!

We had roughly 600 people attend on Saturday and 400 on Sunday. Numbers can be improved but for a first time event, I'm over the moon!

£830 was raised for Cash for Kids also.

Really appreciate all the support and fantastic comments.

I'm amazed that people could consider that photo as sexist - Amy is a prime example of how video gaming, a largely male dominated pastime in years gone by, is now enjoyed by both males and females. I'm absolutely stunned that people still try to pull that argument.

It looked like a great event Phil. A lot of people on my Facebook managed to get there and a lot of great photos were posted, making me even more disappointed not to make it.

Already warned the wife that i'll be going next year. :)

Great work Phil, looks like an awesome event :) Just make sure you do next years NERG on a different weekend to Swavesey and I'll be there ;)

I'm amazed that people could consider that photo as sexist - Amy is a prime example of how video gaming, a largely male dominated pastime in years gone by, is now enjoyed by both males and females. I'm absolutely stunned that people still try to pull that argument.

It looked like a great event Phil. A lot of people on my Facebook managed to get there and a lot of great photos were posted, making me even more disappointed not to make it.

Already warned the wife that i'll be going next year. :)

Sorry, this was the image Milly Tant was moaning about: -

IMG_1209.JPG

I'm still struggling to see what the issue is?

Are we now to start victimising people for their choice of stance when gaming?

Personally i'm more pleased to see a Star Wars cab in such good nick, and that it's getting played.

Edit: When you said Star Wars I thought you meant the SW Pinball. Amy posted some pictures of her playing it on her FB page. :)

Good day and plenty of opportunity to play till my fingers bled.

Woz was good to see but the matrix had me hooked. A good selection of machines to play so i was happy for several hours. Well done to those involved setting this up, it was well worth it.

Good day and plenty of opportunity to play till my fingers bled.

Woz was good to see but the matrix had me hooked. A good selection of machines to play so i was happy for several hours. Well done to those involved setting this up, it was well worth it.

With you living so close, Rus, I'll be leaning on you for donations next year :)

Well Swavesy had Will's Metallica but Nerg had The Matrix and what a blast of a machine that was. I was not really looking forward to it but once played it was one of those cracking machine moments, it was awesome and the Dutch lads were a great bunch of guys. Seriously would love one for myself and its given me something to think about in doing something simular myself.
Well done Phil for putting together such a well run show and enjoy the next couple of days off , you derserve it.

Yes that No Fear was playing great and it's a totally different type of pin to I'm used to playing, lots of looping and very fast, I'll be looking out for one. The Shadow was very minty as well and played great, another pin I'll no longer ignore.
The Matrix was also very impressive, a great conversion.

Agreeed, Cracking game with a bonkers rule set. Its just going to take a while to get to know this bad boy. The Dutch lads were also a Great set of guys.

2nd that about the Dutch group, we were having problems with a bsd brought down from Scotland not booting up, one jumped straight in and reflowed a few dodgy joints still didn't work so the second one jumped in, tracked down a problem with the GI causing problems and got it going.
I would have bought them a drink or two as thanks but they were happy with their case stashed under The Matrix.

Slept stright through , never heard a thing.
Unlike you Phil. The person with the biggest smile on there face that night must have been your Mrs having six fireman in her room.

Top event, it's got me thinking more about doing a Scottish bash, I've looked at a venue and it was great, now I just need to see how much it will cost and get the perfect dates for it :)

Back
Top Bottom