What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North East Retro Gaming Event 29th&30th June 2013

Big Phil

Site Supporter
Alias
OTWBigPhil
Afternoon all,

It's been a few weeks since the Play Expo event in Manchester and it's compelled me to organise an event in the North East. Gateshead to be exact. Not a kick in the **** from Newcastle.

I've deliberately kept it out of the way of Expo as I wouldn't want to clash or step on anyones toes.

It'll be held at the Gateshead Stadium sports hall. It's 33m x 43m and I'm planning on a combination of Pinball and retro video arcade. Say 50 pinball and 50 video.

With all those machines, I'm hoping I'll get the go ahead for 1300 visitors.

The Stadium has good parking and transport links. A train station is just over the water. There is also a hotel nearby which I'll contact to try and arrange an agreed rate with.

I've already made contact with key people for machine pledges but would love to hear from more. Especially those located within the North East.

If you think you can help in any way, even if it's advice, or potential vendors, please contact me.

So, put that date in your diary. 29th & 30th June 2013.

Philip

I'll be able to lend you my Egret II, just over the water in Newcastle. It would need picked up as it won't fit in my car though. Might be able to lend a pin depending on what I have nearer the time.

Putting the feelers out for machine pledges. The closer to the north east, the better I suppose.

PM if you want a proper talk.

Philip

I don't know if anyone on here is following on facebook or twitter but for those who aren't, I've started making machine announcements. Todays might interest a few of you :)

Patience. Still early days :)

Don't take the wrong way, I was just answering a question.
We at NLP will be surporting the show by bringing a van load of machines from the Northern Lights guys.
How many and what titles will be made clear nearer the time.
D.

As per usual, the guys at NLP support another show. Well done guys - my upmost respect :)

Don't take the wrong way, I was just answering a question.
We at NLP will be surporting the show by bringing a van load of machines from the Northern Lights guys.
How many and what titles will be made clear nearer the time.
D.

Who will be the primary contact as I've been talking to a couple of people. You're the third :)

I'm announcing one machine each day and alternating between vids and pins :)

Who will be the primary contact as I've been talking to a couple of people. You're the third :)

I'm announcing one machine each day and alternating between vids and pins :)
Depends if you are getting answers.
Mark has had a loss over Christmas and has just put his mum to rest so he has plenty on his mind and pinball is pretty much down the list of thing in life to do.
I would have thought it will be either Dirty Faced Dave or Poibug you might have been speaking to.
If you want I will keep you up dated to what we will bring, hopefully we will bring rare and unusual machines to add a little spice. And of course the NLP NBA Fastbreak on tour will make an apperance.
Are you going to the WoZ bash on Sunday ?
Good chance to have a chat.
D.

Unfortunately not. Been spending so much time on NERG, the Mrs. needs attention. Sunday is our "snuggle" day. Don't tell anyone!

A couple of new slides have been added to the main page of the website. One is dedicated to Northern Lights. A clickable slide which will direct people to their website. A big thanks to them for their participation and support of the event. :)

And a clickable slide for Jamma+ who are also supporting the event. :)

40 machines announced so far with many more to go!

www.northeastretrogaming.com

Spoke to the hotel today. If you book by April via their website, you get dinner, bed and breakfast for around £55 !!

Hello everyone and great work Big Phil!!! I am new to this forum and am glad I've joined as I would prob of never found out about this event just round the corner from where I live.
I supported Northern Lights last year (will be this year aswell) so will def do my bit for this aswell.
I can offer my AFM,hopefully another aswell (hook or corvette)
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom