What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hello, new to the forums, recently took interest in Pinball again, since I used to have a Bally Bobby Orr PowerPlay when I was a kid. Have kept the Backglass framed since them (about 18 years ago) fancied another backglass so got a Judge Dredd one (little pricey on eBay). Then fancied playing them again and after a little searching online found Special When Lit in Sailsbury (not too far from my hometown of Trowbridge for fun on a Friday). Also recently came second in a tournament at Extra Life Cafe on the Dirty Harry machine. So no looking at ways to convert part of the garage...recon I could fit three machines in their comfortably.

Also into Motorbikes, though a fairly recent purchase of a Triumph Speed four means I've got to save up a little before I can get my own pinball. Really quite fancy a Judge Dredd, but also like the look of 'Who Dunnit'?' A DMD around £1500 ideally. Til I've saved up, Pinball Arcade on the PS4 is my new fav game.

Hi, I am Mark from Ramsgate, Kent I am looking for a few pinball tables, now retired I need a hobby and seeing has I spent my early teens in the arcades at Ramsgate playing every table they had (about 50)
I thought I would have a old age crisis (midlife crisis was motor bikes) I have bought one already (a bit of a dog) I hope to do up I will now look for something a bit more modern, years ago I had a judge dread
which was set up in the games room, sadly I let it go (turned the games room into a play area for the grandkids) so to get my own back I am going to spend they inheritance lol, who is the guy that picks up tables and deliver?
Regards,
Mark.

Hi, I am Mark from Ramsgate, Kent I am looking for a few pinball tables, now retired I need a hobby and seeing has I spent my early teens in the arcades at Ramsgate playing every table they had (about 50)
I thought I would have a old age crisis (midlife crisis was motor bikes) I have bought one already (a bit of a dog) I hope to do up I will now look for something a bit more modern, years ago I had a judge dread
which was set up in the games room, sadly I let it go (turned the games room into a play area for the grandkids) so to get my own back I am going to spend they inheritance lol, who is the guy that picks up tables and deliver?
Regards,
Mark.
Welcome to the forum @mcbooton :thumbs:
Sorry to tell you but that bike will have to go now , because these machines breed ,once you bought one ;)
Martin is the man who you would need if you cannot collect them yourself !

Bike went years ago, cant get my leg over the bath theses days (walk in shower) let alone a bike lol
yes please for Martins number Kevlar, thanks for the welcome guys.

Further up the thread I'd mentioned to @BigIan that a 70s Bally Kiss table may be coming my way.

It's lying in storage, taken apart and with (I hear) some stuff not working. It's owned by my partner's ex husband (a long time before I came on the scene!), who bought it years ago when the local arcade (The Winter Gardens in Bangor NI) shut its doors. And I get on fine with him.

I'd offered to get it up and running and in order to gain a little experience over and above what I'm gaining by looking after my own CFTBL machine I was prepared to absorb any reasonable costs and do the work. So I would get experience, and he would either get a working machine back for free, or at least get useful info from me to say that the job perhaps was beyond my capabilities and here's what would be needed for it. A win win.

However, I heard last night that he says he has someone else lined up to fix it (fair enough) but that it's a limited edition machine which is worth (and I quote) £30k. I wasn't aware that there even existed a LE version of the 70s machines and that the Kiss machine was actually the opposite, having sold in quite large numbers.

So now I'm a bit mystified to say the least. Could this be right?

CB

However, I heard last night that he says he has someone else lined up to fix it (fair enough) but that it's a limited edition machine which is worth (and I quote) £30k. I wasn't aware that there even existed a LE version of the 70s machines and that the Kiss machine was actually the opposite, having sold in quite large numbers.

CB

I Call BS myself.... sounds like either someone has offered him a few quid, or he's decided he wants someone else to do it..

Further up the thread I'd mentioned to @BigIan that a 70s Bally Kiss table may be coming my way.

It's lying in storage, taken apart and with (I hear) some stuff not working. It's owned by my partner's ex husband (a long time before I came on the scene!), who bought it years ago when the local arcade (The Winter Gardens in Bangor NI) shut its doors. And I get on fine with him.

I'd offered to get it up and running and in order to gain a little experience over and above what I'm gaining by looking after my own CFTBL machine I was prepared to absorb any reasonable costs and do the work. So I would get experience, and he would either get a working machine back for free, or at least get useful info from me to say that the job perhaps was beyond my capabilities and here's what would be needed for it. A win win.

CB

There were Kiss machines for the German market with different artwork - they changed the 'SS' in the logo so it didn't look like the Nazi SS symbol. Not exactly a Limited Edition - and not ever worth 30K :rofl: For some reason people always think that Kiss is unbelievably valuable:hmm:

According to the ipdb there might be a prototype model still in existence - easy to check, but realistically the chances of it being that are somewhere between zero and zero I would have thought :D

See below ........

The games shipped to Germany had backglasses and playfields with the word KISS having a rounded letter "S" instead of ones shaped like a lightning bolt "S" taken from the runic alphabet. The latter style was used as a double-sig logo and made infamous by Nazi Germany's Schutzstaffel.

A 'Kiss' prototype was built which used speech. Allan Reizman, Engineering Lab Supervisor at Bally, shares his remembrances of this:

The talking Kiss prototype did make it out of the lab at least once and was displayed at the 1979 AMOA show in Chicago where it was viewed by all. I believe it said things like, "Shoot the K" and "Kiss!" when you completed a Kiss row. Somebody recently reminded me it groaned, "Too much Rock and Roll!" when you tilted it.

The game was only done as a one-time concept.

In this listing is number three of a reported eleven prototypes made, and the Bally paperwork refers to it as an Engineering Sample. The information provided by its owner is as follows:

Bally gave their employee Bruce Kalas this Kiss game on June 29, 1982. Bruce had the game until 1988. Project number NT 1152. Per Bruce, the game did work. The backglass does not lift out, it hinges. There is no on/off switch under the cabinet bottom. The game is supposed to start by typing in a code in the backbox keypad, which has the words Game, Enter, and Test. There are no batteries on the board(s) in the backbox. The ROMS say "experimental". Every coil is marked by hand.

The owner subsequently commented on what the original Bally owner had told him about the disposition of the other ten prototypes:

This machine (serial number 1152-3) was given to the original owner free by Bally. He said the boss came and told all the workers to come and stand by the machine that they wanted and the Kiss prototypes were the only ones left from which to choose. There were 11 prototypes and he was the last employee to choose so he got prototype number 3. The other 8 were destroyed with sledgehammers. He said he watched them do it. He claims he didn't want the machine but the price was free

I sold a KISS for about a grand, back when that was the price of a TZ. I picked it up cheap from an arcade and had no interest in it, I think I played one game on it.

Thanks folks - it can't be prototype number 3 because (I'm embarrassed to admit) when I first got my CFTBL home and plugged it in, I didn't know how to power it on and my girlfriend reached straight for the switch, so the Kiss machine must've had the switch in the normal place. In any case, it was a machine which sat in our local arcade, so I'm guessing the chances of it being 'special' are pretty much zero.

@Sgt GrizZ - wonder what happened to the missing 2 prototypes? ..... "There were 11 prototypes and he was the last employee to choose so he got prototype number 3. The other 8 were destroyed with sledgehammers."

CB

wonder what happened to the missing 2 prototypes? .....

CB

I used to wonder about the number of 'replicants' at large in the film Blade Runner; the police Captain mentions that six had escaped, and one had died breaking into Tyrell Corporation. That leaves five, but then he shows Deckard details of four fugitives..

I used to wonder about the number of 'replicants' at large in the film Blade Runner; the police Captain mentions that six had escaped, and one had died breaking into Tyrell Corporation. That leaves five, but then he shows Deckard details of four fugitives..

Well that took a strange turn.... :). Didn't know you are a Blade runner fan Dave.

Hi all I’m dan , I have always loved pinball from an early age had a saitek f1 pinball table when I was 8 but I foolishly let my cousin have it after I got bored of it and I never knew what happed to it :( ,
Roll on 24 years and I now have finally managed to get a proper pinball machine
A 1991 Bally Gilligan’s island :) , my other hobbie is live steam engines which I have a large collection of, anyway gald to be here and hope to add another machine to my collection in the near future.
A9C371DB-A6D9-4C74-92DA-77AD5EED8214.jpeg

Hi,

Thanks for the account activation. I'm on the lookout for a Data East Jurassic Park if anyone has one gathering dust or knows of a pub with one lurking in the corner then let me know :D

Matt

Hi All, just joined the site. I am currently in the US, but moving to Scotland in about a year or two after jumping the wonderful hurdles the Home Office puts transatlantic married couples though.

I've currently got a Roadshow and a Gottlieb Hotshot EM. I will most likely shift the EM, but I am still debating on whether or not to bring Roadshow over with me.

Hi All, just joined the site. I am currently in the US, but moving to Scotland in about a year or two after jumping the wonderful hurdles the Home Office puts transatlantic married couples though.

I've currently got a Roadshow and a Gottlieb Hotshot EM. I will most likely shift the EM, but I am still debating on whether or not to bring Roadshow over with me.
Welcome, where abouts in Scotland are you thinking of moving too? If your intrested we have a league that meets around 4 times a year.

Paul from Basingstoke aka Amazingstoke. Grew up on pinball in a sea side town in the 1980's. Also really enjoyed play Rock back then.
Owned Hyperball, Lethal Weapon and Dr Who and The Getaway in the 1990's. Now back and have The Shadow and Tron on my millennium list.

Back
Top Bottom