What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi all,
New to the forum. I'm David, 62 years young and the proud owner of a TAF. It lives with us in Balloughton, Wellingtonbridge, Co Wexford in Ireland. Possibly the only TAF in Ireland.
About 40 years ago I owned a "Drop A Card" Elecro-Mechanical machine.
Had a great day yesterday at Pinfest. Well done to all involved!

Welcome David,

There were a gang of us over at pinfest from Ireland (both north and south) six in total. Get yourself to the Irish pinball league meets when we start up again (probably October) usually have one or two meets down the road from you in Waterford.

Btw I have a TAF, based up in Belfast but still on the island...

Hi Ian,
I've never competed, except against the misses (who gets nearer to taking out my Grand Champion score every day).
Also, work commitments would probably preclude regular participation. But I'm up for the challenge!

Please drop me an email with details when they are available.
sundials.balloughton@gmail.com

PS. I was very tempted by Thunderbirds (or TAG as it seems to be monikered now).

Hi all - not got any games (neither the space nor the money ;) ). I was ‘working’ at PinfestUK for Phil and thought i’d Join as I enjoyed the event as much :D
Would be you John if not I apologise in advance if it is welcome to the forum

Attachments

• 20180827_034051.jpg
    20180827_034051.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 26
Yeah I was chatting to John out the back when I was heading down to the car for something, great guy

Good to put a name to a face. Thanks for all the logistical work that you where doing behind the scenes that makes these events ‘just happen’

Controlling the vans coming in and out rather than just a free for all makes it a much easier process and it all moves along quicker :thumbs:

Welcome John, no one needs to own a pinball machine to join this forum, but you'll soon find that you'll end up getting more than you have space for, and you'll always find help in maintaining them as well. So welcome to a great hobby and an every greater bunch of people.

Hello
I'm Lee from sunny Scotland, just turned 50 and have throwing the wife out and build a man cave in the garage.. so I've decided to buy my self a pinball and start enjoying life.. lol so I'm looking for advice on what to buy . Budget is around 2k .
Cheers Lee

Welcome to Pinball Info @Lee40 .
There is a great pinball community around the Glasgow area, I'm sure they will be in contact with you soon. Great bunch of people.

Hello
I'm Lee from sunny Scotland, just turned 50 and have throwing the wife out and build a man cave in the garage.. so I've decided to buy my self a pinball and start enjoying life.. lol so I'm looking for advice on what to buy . Budget is around 2k .
Cheers Lee
Welcome Lee head to Blackpool in October NLP are putting on a show with around 50 pins that you can play and see what you like. You've also got the Scottish Pinball League if you fancy coming along and getting to know us, should be starting up again around October time if your intrested, normally meets are around the Central Belt they're held 4 times a year.

You also have a person not to far away from you who's on the forum but I'll let him introduce himself.

You'll find a few pins out in the bars in Edinburgh.

What ever you do get buy from here not anywhere else, you'll always get some aftercare from here.

Hello
Cheers Lee
BTW buy the BTTF it's only down the road in Newcastle and when you've had enough of it I'll do a (temporary) swap with you for Junkyard or another one.

Play a few before making your mind up or buy one then move it on when your done with it. You'll find lots of people who should install a revolving door for pins and others who need to keep finding more space because they never sell them.

Hello
Cheers Lee

Welcome Lee. You have come to the right place. Extremely friendly bunch on here.
I too am a fellow Scot. I'm just across the bridge in Kirkcaldy.
Quite a few pubs in Edinburgh have pins. Plus Hmv in livingstone has a walking dead and pirates.
If you don't know already, check out pinformer for locals.

Imo I would go for something late 80's. Can pick up quite a lot of games for 1k. Different if you have been collecting for years, you will want something newish with deep rules and that. But since it is your first, then you will love just playing it. So I think it is wise to start slow and build up to 6k Sterns. Hard to go back the other way.
Plus you will probably have a few by next years with no wife to nag you haha

G’day
I am Pete, from Australia.
I have been collecting pinball machines for 36 years

It started when I was 16, the local operator was selling off his EM’s, single player were $110, two player were $120. so I bought a Gottlieb Sure Shot, and the journey began
By the time I was 21 I had 5 games, but then marriage and kids took priority

15 years ago I decided to once again add something new to the collection, I had pretty much missed playing DMDs in the wild, so I did a little research and bought a CFTBL, adding more games though the years

while I have moved up and bought ‘A’ list games, and NIB Sterns, I find the games I enjoy the most are the machines from the 80’s I played as teenager, so that is the general direction my collection has gone the last few years

Hello everyone, I am Adam from Lincoln.

After going to the Budapest museum and the Daventry pinfest I am now addicted to pinball.

Will be a long to the one of the local East Midlands meets as soon as a date I can make becomes available. Also plan on going to the NLP in Blackpool.

Currently do not own any pinball machines but going to start saving up now.

Look forward to meeting people

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Welcome! Take your time in choosing your first pin. Don't rush. Play many before making a decision.

Welcome! Take your time in choosing your first pin. Don't rush. Play many before making a decision.
Hi Phil!

Thanks for advice.

Loved the NBA fast track at Daventry so going to put that on the short list.

Best to play lots though as you say before rushing into any descion

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom