What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Welcome, your at the right place loads of fellow pinheads in your area

I suppose I'd better say hello!

I've a misspent youth in pinball arcades that I am trying to recapture. Iv'e wanted my own machine for ages, but only recently has it come up the priority list to be a possibility.
I'd say it'll still take me a while to get one! there doesn't seem to be a huge amount around in Ireland and even less in Tullamore. although, through this forum, I can see there are some options!

I like all sorts of gaming but pinball will always be a bit special. Favs (from years ago) would be DE star wars, creature, twilight zone, adams family, funhouse.
And I did my 1st ever death save on rocky&bullwinkle :)
digital pinball (pinball arcade mostly) has introduced me to many more that I've never played for real but hopefully will one day.

I'm actually looking forward to playing again 1st through meetups and eventually through buying my own one (or 2?). once that happens I'm sure I'll be on to ye all with maintenance and repair type questions. :p

Cheers,
RB

Welcome, I'm glad to see your not being deluded by saying that your only looking at buying one pin.

I suppose I'd better say hello!

I've a misspent youth in pinball arcades that I am trying to recapture. Iv'e wanted my own machine for ages, but only recently has it come up the priority list to be a possibility.
I'd say it'll still take me a while to get one! there doesn't seem to be a huge amount around in Ireland and even less in Tullamore. although, through this forum, I can see there are some options!

I like all sorts of gaming but pinball will always be a bit special. Favs (from years ago) would be DE star wars, creature, twilight zone, adams family, funhouse.
digital pinball (pinball arcade mostly) has introduced me to many more that I've never played for real but hopefully will one day.

I'm actually looking forward to playing again 1st through meetups and eventually through buying my own one (or 2?). once that happens I'm sure I'll be on to ye all with maintenance and repair type questions. :p

Cheers,
RB

Welcome to hell soldier :D

We have a few Irish guys on board so I'm sure they will look after you. I'm originally from Belfast myself ............a long time ago now. Looking forward to Saturday ......St.Paddys and my birthday :D

Welcome again..

Favs (from years ago) would be DE star wars, creature, addams family.

The above mentioned tables have all featured in the Irish pinball league at different times (i removed TZ and funhouse as we dont have them, yet)

Hi all,

I’m Mike from near Manchester. I’ve been lurking for a while and thought I should introduce myself.

A trip to Tilt got me back into this as prior to that, the last pin I played was a WW on a French campsite back in the 90s!

Since Tilt, I’ve made a couple of other pilgrimages to Chief (whole place to myself, spent a fortune) and Flip Out which was excellent.

I’ve met some great people so far - shout out to Matt Vince, Mission65, Clive2017, Nick and Jim for the very warm welcome at Flip Out last week - I’ll certainly be back when I’m next down south.

Top machines for me at the moment (physical and virtual): TZ, WH20, ToM, MM, FH, TOTAN, WCS94, GOTG and while I’d like to own any of these, it seems I’ve picked an expensive time to get into this!

In the meantime, I’ll be reading through the forums and picking up some tips for the inevitable pin breakdown. I’ve also found that I’m absolutely fascinated by shop logs - especially the work of chris b who does a masterful job on these vintage beasts.

I’m looking to come down to Daventry but if not, I’ll definitely be up in Blackpool.

Looking forward to getting stuck in with the local scene!

Hi all,

I’m Mike from near Manchester. I’ve been lurking for a while and thought I should introduce myself.

A trip to Tilt got me back into this as prior to that, the last pin I played was a WW on a French campsite back in the 90s!

Since Tilt, I’ve made a couple of other pilgrimages to Chief (whole place to myself, spent a fortune) and Flip Out which was excellent.

I’ve met some great people so far - shout out to Matt Vince, Mission65, Clive2017, Nick and Jim for the very warm welcome at Flip Out last week - I’ll certainly be back when I’m next down south.

Top machines for me at the moment (physical and virtual): TZ, WH20, ToM, MM, FH, TOTAN, WCS94, GOTG and while I’d like to own any of these, it seems I’ve picked an expensive time to get into this!

In the meantime, I’ll be reading through the forums and picking up some tips for the inevitable pin breakdown. I’ve also found that I’m absolutely fascinated by shop logs - especially the work of chris b who does a masterful job on these vintage beasts.

I’m looking to come down to Daventry but if not, I’ll definitely be up in Blackpool.

Looking forward to getting stuck in with the local scene!
Welcome aboard Mike!

Plenty of pinheads in your neck of the woods.

Yep - you have compiled a pretty expensive wanted list there, better get saving [emoji3]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Welcome to Pinball Info @Mike K
I'm only 15mins up the road from you, plenty others in the local area. We have a strong pinball community in the North West with some great people in the hobby. Check out the Northern Pinball League as well, next meet is over in Blackpool this coming Sunday.

Welcome @Mike K, I think your in the best part of the country for pinball, you'll find a great bunch of pinheads in your area.

If you fancy a pinball weekend in Glasgow you'll be more than welcome to come to Play Glasgow in June, and you'll not need to bring your passport with you.

I'm only 15mins up the road from you, plenty others in the local area. We have a strong pinball community in the North West with some great people in the hobby. Check out the Northern Pinball League as well, next meet is over in Blackpool this coming Sunday.
Indeed, were a very friendly local bunch and there's more in the area than you would first think.

Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard Mike!

Plenty of pinheads in your neck of the woods.

Yep - you have compiled a pretty expensive wanted list there, better get saving [emoji3]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
Thanks Sgt GrizZ - I’ve got a wedding, a house move and a lot to learn before I can even think of buying one! Hope to catch up with you at one of the events.

Cheers Replicas - is there a group for Northern League? I’m not able to make this weekend but I’d be interested in the future schedule so I can plan.

Welcome @Mike K, I think your in the best part of the country for pinball, you'll find a great bunch of pinheads in your area.

If you fancy a pinball weekend in Glasgow you'll be more than welcome to come to Play Glasgow in June, and you'll not need to bring your passport with you.

Thanks cmor111

It’s seeming that way! Thanks for the invite. We did look at that event after sleeping on Manchester but we’ve now got wedding related plans on that weekend.

Hope to see you at an event soon!

Cheers Replicas - is there a group for Northern League? I’m not able to make this weekend but I’d be interested in the future schedule so I can plan.

Northern Region
Date Practice Competition Location Host

25.03.18 11:00–13:00 13:00–18:00 Blackpool Luke Wells
15.04.18 11:00–13:00 13:00–18:00 Out Rawcliffe John Parkins
13.05.18 11:00–13:00 13:00–18:00 East Morton (Keighley) Lee Riley
03.06.18 11:00–13:00 13:00–18:00 Southport Paul Owen

Northern Region
Date Practice Competition Location Host

25.03.18 11:00–13:00 13:00–18:00 Blackpool Luke Wells
15.04.18 11:00–13:00 13:00–18:00 Out Rawcliffe John Parkins
13.05.18 11:00–13:00 13:00–18:00 East Morton (Keighley) Lee Riley
03.06.18 11:00–13:00 13:00–18:00 Southport Paul Owen
Thanks Paul - looks like I will be joining you all this Sunday!

Just joined here after lurking a bit. I've caught the bug in the last couple of years really. I've had a blast going to the pinball hall of fame in Las Vegas about 10 times in 3 visits to Vegas and thought it was amazing. I think I've finally convinced myself to try and buy a pin but I know nothing about maintenance and upkeep for them. I imagine keeping it in the garage would be a bad idea? I need to convince my wife to let it take up a bit of space in the house I think! I'm near Reading and not sure of anywhere to play particularly locally. We've got a 15month old girl, so maybe the noise wouldn't be suitable but surely babies love lights and sounds, right?!

Hi pvas, I'm just down the road in Basingstoke, I wouldn't recommend keeping pins in the garage unless you've invested in making it more suitable for purpose (heat and humidity).

You have good options a drive away in all directions :-
Special When Lit Club, Salisbury
Flip Out London, Croydon
Chief Coffee, Chiswick
Electric Circus Club, Birmingham
Tilt, Birmingham

Back
Top Bottom