What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi pvas, I'm just down the road in Basingstoke, I wouldn't recommend keeping pins in the garage unless you've invested in making it more suitable for purpose (heat and humidity).

You have good options a drive away in all directions :-
Special When Lit Club, Salisbury
Flip Out London, Croydon
Chief Coffee, Chiswick
Electric Circus Club, Birmingham
Tilt, Birmingham
Thanks for the information. I'll make room in the house I'm sure. I plan on checking out special when lit eventually or one of the London places if I'm in the area. My wife still thinks it's a little silly and that I'll get bored of having a machine if I get one but I'll convert her!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Just joined here after lurking a bit. I've caught the bug in the last couple of years really. I've had a blast going to the pinball hall of fame in Las Vegas about 10 times in 3 visits to Vegas and thought it was amazing. I think I've finally convinced myself to try and buy a pin but I know nothing about maintenance and upkeep for them. I imagine keeping it in the garage would be a bad idea? I need to convince my wife to let it take up a bit of space in the house I think! I'm near Reading and not sure of anywhere to play particularly locally. We've got a 15month old girl, so maybe the noise wouldn't be suitable but surely babies love lights and sounds, right?!
Welcome aboard!

Whilst always better to keep a pin in the house etc.... many people do have them in a garage. As long as it's dry in there it's not a massive issue - only thing is when it's very cold, switching them on can cause potential condensation. Saying that I have stored/kept an overspill pin or 2 in my mums garage for 10 years with no issues.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Hi my name is simon and im new.i find this site a bit difficult to use at mo but will get used to it.ive been away from pins a while but ive had a few,i have just bought a starwars episode 1 pinball 2000.i collect this sunday so really looking forward to it.so hello all and good to be here.by the way its had conversion from crt to tft

Hi both

Pvas. Always worth joining the London and the SE leagues

Bit of a PITA from Reading but you just missed Paul’s great collection in high Wycombe and dawns do in Liphook. Both of which could have been easy trips for you. Next few meets should be in London and the Home Counties. Think it’s a whopping £2.50 for all day play.

Hello, I've Just got involved! I've been building a small virtual cab for the passed year or so in the style of Gottliebs Haunted House. I got into pins when I brought an over priced Haunted House Backglass from an antique shop. Loved the graphics so much I started to research what I had just purchased and that has now opened up the hole world of pins to me. I've always been into Mame Emulation but didn't know about pinmame. I mainly love the monster/horror themes, I'm also a big Hammer Horror and Universal fan.

I've been going to a place called Chief Coffee in Chiswick that has a good 10 table section in its basement and now with the help of this site I'm just in the process of making my first purchase of a real live pinball.
I'm hoping now to a proud owner of a Class of 1812. Can't wait. Hopefully I'll get some help here to keep her going, my knowledge is limited with electrics so I don't know if anyone knows of a pin person in the Shepperton, Middlesex area? just in case of an emergency.
My dream would be own a Haunted House one day or just to play one.
my mini cab.jpg

Grayman_EM here as my name I like EM machines but have played a few SS when they came out. I own a 4 Roses EM (1962). Sold my Skylab (1974) and Aladdin's Castle (1976). From Indiana but have friends in other places. (non pinball) Just found this place from another poster about your get together n England.

Hi there, I’m Gary from Northern Ireland and at 53 years of age have only just discovered pinball.

My partner had been telling me how she used to have a Kiss pinball machine in her bedroom.

So when we were in Krakow a few weeks ago I took her to the pinball museum there, thinking I wouldn’t really be that interested myself.

Boy was I wrong. I ended up falling in love with one particular pinball game and played it all day. Since then I’ve been playing that particular game incessantly on my iPad.

And I’m in the process of buying a refurbed example of said table!

When I said I fell in love - I really did. Have absolutely no interest in any other pinball games!

By the way - it’s Creature From The Black Lagoon.

CB

Welcome to the forum Gary. I’m based in Belfast and also have a creature from the black lagoon (amongst others) which is an awesome machine and a great choice. Out of interest have you sourced it locally or are you shipping it in ?

I was also at the pinball museum in krakow but back when it was a pub, great place (chmiel pub)

We have an Irish pinball league that runs at different venues around the island. The league is welcoming for people of all skill levels and is more about getting together to play some games and have a bit of craic. Email Irish.pinball.league@gmail.com if you want added to the email list to be informed of up and coming meets.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian - thanks. I’m in Bangor. Actually have agreed to bring a fully refurbed CFTBL in. I did notice this morning that there is one for sale on the forum - based in Kildare. I may also be able to get my girlfriend’s old Kiss machine (originally from the Winter Gardens in Bangor) as I’d like to do a refurb myself.

CB

I also like Bally Kiss, fairy simple to play but still a very good older machine. I have some spare Bally boards if you need any when you get to working on yours

Ian

I also like Bally Kiss, fairy simple to play but still a very good older machine. I have some spare Bally boards if you need any when you get to working on yours

Ian

Thanks Ian,

I haven't actually seen the Kiss machine yet. I think it's folded and stored. I believe one or both flippers aren't working. Not sure what else until I see it.

I knew she'd had it but didn't know where it came from.

Then, when I was in the Krakow museum, I walked past the old Harlem Globetrotters table and it seemed so familiar - I felt like it was the only pinball table I'd ever played, but couldn't be sure.

Subsequently, I saw a profile from another Bangor player who was reminiscing about the Winter Gardens in Bangor having the Kiss and Harlem Globetrotters tables back in the day and all became clear - that's where my girlfriend's Kiss table came from and my memory wasn't playing tricks re the Harlem Globetrotters table. It really was the only pinball I'd ever played until last month. And from memory I just "didn't get it". That table probably pushed me away from pinball and I ended up exclusively playing Galaxian in the arcades. Could've been worse! :)

CB

Hi folks. Joined here a while back (I think).. then forgot about it...
Then came back when I was wondering what to do with a Bally Centaur I was looking to sell.

Thought I would pop back and say hello again.

I do fancy getting another pin as a project. However I do still have an Addams so space might complicate things. And of course the time to actually do anything with it.. And then the money of course.. And then finding one (which is related to the last thing) :)

T
Hi folks. Joined here a while back (I think).. then forgot about it...
Then came back when I was wondering what to do with a Bally Centaur I was looking to sell.

Thought I would pop back and say hello again.

I do fancy getting another pin as a project. However I do still have an Addams so space might complicate things. And of course the time to actually do anything with it.. And then the money of course.. And then finding one (which is related to the last thing) :)
Thats pretty sweet. But its been done...;)

Ponders the notion of a Motorhead pintable :D

Hello, my name is Andy and I've been playing pinball for 35 years. Growing up on the southcoast where every arcade had a row of Jungle Lords, Supersonics, Siiverballs and 8 Ball deluxe's and I've kept playing new games up to now. However over the last few years the new Stern's haven't floated my boat and pinballs in the wild were hard to find. I've owned a mint Roadshow for the last 7 years and just finished my man cave where red and ted are lonely!! Been looking around this forum for a few months and it's a nice place to be.

Hello, my name is Andy and I've been playing pinball for 35 years. Growing up on the southcoast where every arcade had a row of Jungle Lords, Supersonics, Siiverballs and 8 Ball deluxe's and I've kept playing new games up to now. However over the last few years the new Stern's haven't floated my boat and pinballs in the wild were hard to find. I've owned a mint Roadshow for the last 7 years and just finished my man cave where red and ted are lonely!! Been looking around this forum for a few months and it's a nice place to be.

Hi Andy - Welcome aboard. Roadshow is one my all time favourite games :thumbs:

There are a few of us down here on the South Coast :D Whereabouts are you ?

Welcome Andy, I hope your cave is big enough otherwise you'll be looking at an extension sometime soon!

Hello, short time lurker here
Been interested in pins over 35 years had a few up and down the years until a while ago when they all went (long story), but mojo coming back for the hobby now that karma has finally reached that person.
Likes are fixing and modding them, dislikes are the price hikes that have come about in my absence.
From the south of Ireland and have joined the league and hoping to buy a few pins over the coming weeks.
If anyone fancies a beer il be a UKPinfest playing and talking pins just need a room if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Regards Alan

Last edited:
Welcome Alan, hopefully meet you on the 13th in Lisburn.

Will see if anyone is passing your way on the way up. Just worked out earlier that was you sharing your nightmare story on pinside, unbelievable

Hello, short time lurker here
Been interested in pins over 35 years had a few up and down the years until a while ago when they all went (long story), but mojo coming back for the hobby now that karma has finally reached that person.
Likes are fixing and modding them, dislikes are the price hikes that have come about in my absence.
From the south of Ireland and have joined the league and hoping to buy a few pins over the coming weeks.
If anyone fancies a beer il be a UKPinfest playing and talking pins just need a room if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Regards Alan

Welcome Alan - I like your avatar :clap: I'm originally from Belfast myself- way way back in the late 70s....

Sorry to hear that you were another victim of the Heighwayman. Unbelievable.

+1 for cool Worms avatar @Atlantis Alan, we have the real @Spadge on this forum not sure what's happened to Boggy B or young Clagnut.

Back
Top Bottom