What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Heighway Owner

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/05/06/andrew-heighway-interview/

Felt this was unnecessary:
Many people criticise the UK pinball community and it is true – there is a lot of toxicity in the community. I gave a lot to the UK pinball community over the last 15 years and I personally feel betrayed by many of them. With some notable exceptions, I never felt there was any real support from the UK community for what our company was trying to do. On the flip side, I loved dealing with everyone at the USA shows. There are a lot of knowledgeable pinball fans in the States and it was a pleasure to meet so many enthusiastic pinball folk. I made a lot of good friends in the USA and I thank them all for their support over the last year – and the last few weeks, in particular.
And this one won’t make any friends either:
Defamatory and libellous/slanderous comments have been made about me by the likes of Owen Clipsham, Phil Palmer, Ewan Meadows, Chris Kooleris and a number of other people. Many of these people have their own agendas and well-informed people will know this.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/05/06/andrew-heighway-interview/

Felt this was unnecessary:
Many people criticise the UK pinball community and it is true – there is a lot of toxicity in the community. I gave a lot to the UK pinball community over the last 15 years and I personally feel betrayed by many of them. With some notable exceptions, I never felt there was any real support from the UK community for what our company was trying to do. On the flip side, I loved dealing with everyone at the USA shows. There are a lot of knowledgeable pinball fans in the States and it was a pleasure to meet so many enthusiastic pinball folk. I made a lot of good friends in the USA and I thank them all for their support over the last year – and the last few weeks, in particular.
And this one won’t make any friends either:
Defamatory and libellous/slanderous comments have been made about me by the likes of Owen Clipsham, Phil Palmer, Ewan Meadows, Chris Kooleris and a number of other people. Many of these people have their own agendas and well-informed people will know this.
What a ****ing idiot

Again what a load of rubbish so all the people who donated time and pins to the Pinball party help set up and run it etc etc then when it came to get re emburst for fuel and van hire it took months of pestering to get te funded then to find out we where having are pants down for a meal and that the hotel never got paid so who got the money Andrew this says to me you are a crook

The reason you had little interest in the uk is that lots of people knew you weren’t to be trusted and where accustomed to your bull **** and lies with there money so where out from the start

So you have to find a new market where people weren’t familiar with you hence bring on the yanks people who where sucked in with your bull**** who where silly enough to throw money at you

I always had you down as a failure in business
But a genuinely nice guy
I now have you down for both
Failure in business
Failure in life

I love the reference to the companies house accounts. Well we filed at Companies house that means everything is above board and perfect. What a load of nonsense!

if you startup and run a business you are responsible 100% for your investors money. your products your reputation your employees your customers and your financial commitments to lenders and creditors.
you cannot blame anyone other than yourself. the sign of a good person is one who totally accepts responsibility. he didn’t and doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was chatting to a friend of mine about this situation (was talking about the fact there was new pinball makers of varied success); he seems to think Heighway may have a case to answer under modern slavery legislation...

Dave isn't the only potential complainant on this front ... I know of at least one other who bounced when they realised they were never going to get paid, after empty promises.

No idea how many or few there are.

Dave can probably comment.

Lol Neil what did you say to upset the Yanks?

That was Andrew Heighway’s farce of a post on his view of HP being liquidated! Get in now and downvote it as they are going to do posters and tshirts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interesting article. As he says, there are 2 sides to every story.

“The Daventry Hotel is not owed a penny by myself or the UK Pinball Party.”

Well, one of them is lying. I’m quite happy to meet at the Daventry Hotel to get this sorted as like most people, I don’t like being lied to.

I apologise in advance if you’re telling the truth.

I think a three way Skype conference call is in order Phil? Be interesting to see what both parties say. Daventry must have lied to me too early 2015.

Well done Mr Heighwayman. You have a pop at Phil, someone who has supported and provided for the pinball community for years and years and who has the upmost respect of pretty much everyone, unlike you who takes advantage of anyone you can (in particular those of a vunerable nature) and is now public enemy number 1.

Plus you go on to blame everyone but yourself for YOUR failure, go take a shovel and un-bury your head out of that sandpit it seems to be stuck inside.

Have a good day!

That was Andrew Heighway’s farce of a post on his view of HP being liquidated! Get in now and downvote it as they are going to do posters and tshirts!

You'll note that there, he squarely blames the investors.

After that post spectacularly backfires, including drawing many people to tell their experiences with him, he goes back to blaming virtually anyone who called him on his bull****.

You have a link to the post?

I think a three way Skype conference call is in order Phil? Be interesting to see what both parties say. Daventry must have lied to me too early 2015.

Interesting article. As he says, there are 2 sides to every story.

“The Daventry Hotel is not owed a penny by myself or the UK Pinball Party.”

Well, one of them is lying. I’m quite happy to meet at the Daventry Hotel to get this sorted as like most people, I don’t like being lied to.

I apologise in advance if you’re telling the truth.

Ask them for a written statement on their position.

"...See a piece of string with an empty tin tied to each end?"
"Would these be baked bean tins?"
"Yes, with flakes of rust and little spots of blood from where someone has cut themselves holding it up to their ear."
"I have observed such a makeshift device."
"That's your podcast, that is. That's your thousand listeners and agenda against my company."

Last edited:
"...See a piece of string with an empty tin tied to each end?"
"Would these be baked bean tins?"
"Yes, with flakes of rust and little spots of blood from where someone has cut themselves holding it up to their ear."
"I have observed such a makeshift device."
"That's your podcast, that is. That's your thousand listeners and agenda against my company."
Litigation Today.
A Newman and Baddiel classic.

You could have guessed what that was going to contain. There's a lot of us who were contractors (not ex employees) who could probably paint the picture of certainly the early years. I have all of the correspondence of the time.
Some of what Andy said IS true. There were problems with suppliers. What he left put is that mostly it was of heighways doing mostly because of his manufacturing inexperience bit as others have said he didn't listen to anyone. The one question I have is this:
If you are so appaled at how Dave has been treated, have you contributed to his go fund me?
I'd suggest this is an indication on the validity of the interview.

"The identity of poster ‘Atlantis’ is xxxxxxxx and he can be easily researched in the UK arcade community. We settled our debt before I left Ireland, as he knows. This is nothing more than opportunistic defamation."
lmao I guess he thinks I won't/ doesn't have whats needed to prove myself. So offer is out there that admins here or pinside can have my Facebook account details to verify the long convo that went on years with date stamps after he started heighway pinball.
Don't need to worry as I am deleting facebook anyways after somebody checks it. as for skype I still use it so don't wanna hand that over.

Guess he was a bit ****ed at me popping up and handing out his address to people lol

"The identity of poster ‘Atlantis’ is xxxxxxxx and he can be easily researched in the UK arcade community. We settled our debt before I left Ireland, as he knows. This is nothing more than opportunistic defamation."
lmao I guess he thinks I won't/ doesn't have whats needed to prove myself. So offer is out there that admins here or pinside can have my Facebook account details to verify the long convo that went on years with date stamps after he started heighway pinball.
Don't need to worry as I am deleting facebook anyways after somebody checks it. as for skype I still use it so don't wanna hand that over.

Guess he was a bit ****ed at me popping up and handing out his address to people lol

I wouldn’t cancel anything because of that **** mate!

Well they are interchangeable - disolved usually means that the company closed properly without any liabilities - liquidated means it was closed still owing money / other liabilities.

I love statements like "There is ZERO evidence to say that ANY of these companies were liquidated." Check the way it's written... He could have also written: "There is ZERO evidence to say that ANY of these companies were not liquidated''...

"Dave Sanders, for his own reasons, chose to work for the company on a ‘voluntary’ basis." This statement would be sufficient to indict him in France... No pro bono work allowed for a private company!

Most successful companies are sold not dissolved / liquidated.

Having been a contractor myself with limited companies, I'm not sure how you dissolve a company without producing some sort of accounts. Maybe you can defer for a few years if you have an accountant that likes cooking.

A dissolved company is simply one where the owners decided to close it down. I had a one-man UK limited company that I dissolved when I left the UK 10 years ago, I didn't need it any more. The company never made a loss, it gave all the retained capital back to the shareholders, i.e. me.

Just posting this here in response to Andrew's mention of Pinballinfo on Pinball news.... (also posted on Pinside)...
"The same is true of the UK Pinball Forum – PinballInfo – who even refused my registration and clearly did not believe that I deserved the opportunity to defend myself from the many accusations they allowed to be printed about me on their site."

Hello Andrew,

As you know (and just for those that don't), I am the Admin of Pinballinfo.

Interestingly i have been in the USA for the last 2 weeks, and have just returned to the UK today (all proveable of course!). I tend to handle most/all of the new registrations on the site, as they are all manually approved, wherever in the world i may be.
I can find nothing in the Admin logs that mentions about a registration from yourself at all - so if you did try to register all i can suggest is that you try again.

If you care to have your say then i don't have a problem with that at all - in fact it would be encouraged as it is always good to get a balanced view from all perspectives.

However May i remind you that the last time we "spoke" (21 Feb 2017), you threatened me on behalf of Heighway Pinball because I refused to remove posts from owners of Full Throttle machine that were saying that your machine/s were breaking/had issues. All owners had proof of these issues, and comms was lacking to these customers as far as i was discussed - however your request was for me to "Remove" these posts - Something i was unwilling to do.

This is why i have kept out of both this and the thread on Pinballinfo.. until now.

Last edited:

as long as you have that to back you up then no worries from me! ( I would suggest you hold off on the deletion just in case) Not sure if you are aware but recently you can now "disable" your FB account....

To deactivate your Facebook account:
  1. Click the drop-down arrow on the toolbar, then select Settings.
  2. The settings page will appear. Select General > Manage Account, then click Deactivate.
  3. Select a reason for deactivating the account. ...
  4. Select Deactivate Now.
  5. Your account is now deactivated.
OR at least take pictorial copy of it so it cannot be obviously modified....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom