What's new

New Heighway Owner

NERG is in its 6th year. The 7th has already been booked for next year. UKPinfest has been booked for next year.

My events aren’t my income. NERG was in its 3rd year before it became profitable.

I still haven’t sold enough tickets for UKPinfest to be profitable yet. Far from it.

I have 2 jobs. The events I do are for the love of gaming.

OK.....

At Daventry, all the hotel rooms had to be booked through Andy. Basically, he put the prices up so he could make money on every booking. I don’t know how much though. When I arranged UKPinfest, the hotel asked if I wanted to operate the same way! No....

He still owes the hotel money. Because of this, I have to pay for everything upfront.

It’s common knowledge that all pin donators still had to buy tickets for the event. Which I think is bonkers. Basically supporting the event and then having to pay to play your own machines.

The event wasn’t for the love of pinball, it was for greed and your money.

Negotiate a low rate with hotel / venue. Price gouge the punters. Make people loaning product to you as a favour pay for the privelege, or better yet steal their goods if they are not in attendance (as has been alleged).

Then don't even pay the hotel.

Sounds pretty consistent with everything else.

Makes you wonder how the alleged hasn’t [publicly] crossed paths with The Law yet...

Or The Power, bringing is back to Pinball references for a brief moment.

As a relatively new member and off the pinball radar for 10 years I didn’t even know about this company or person.
Whatever has happened I doubt if he gives a flying **** about any of the posts or personal loss to those who have paid deposits (investors)? He obviously didn’t give a toss about his staff and wont care now. As regards to the funding page, I am sure it is safe from him, this guy wont want the hundreds, he is after the big bucks and will have moved on to his next venture (victims).
He will not care about any of this.
From what I read, and its a hell of a read, His intentions were to make a decent Pinball and if it worked, great, if it didn’t he couldn’t care less, not his money.
Is it worth giving this guy more publicity?

Last edited:
Regards to the poor quality components used, should these Alien pinball machines start to appear, and for those out there,I have no doubt that components can be reproduced at some stage, its “only” circuit boards to the right producers.

As a relatively new member and off the pinball radar for 10 years I didn’t even know about this company or person.
Whatever has happened I doubt if he gives a flying **** about any of the posts or personal loss to those who have paid deposits (investors)? He obviously didn’t give a toss about his staff and wont care now. As regards to the funding page, I am sure it is safe from him, this guy wont want the hundreds, he is after the big bucks and will have moved on to his next venture (victims).
He will not care about any of this.
From what I read, and its a hell of a read, His intentions were to make a decent Pinball and if it worked, great, if it didn’t he couldn’t care less, not his money.
Is it worth giving this guy more publicity?

Yes, its worth giving him publicity so that those who've never heard of him and are tempted to back future projects are able to google and find out what they're getting into.

All publicity good publicity.
However I did mean for this thread, this guy just doesn't care and we are all huffing and puffing while he is floating around on his hydrofoil drinking champagne.
I'm out!

Hello all,

Seems some think of my case has been with Andrew has been (alleged), Let me say this I can get any of the correspondence between him and myself on facebook and skype and post it (but his track record should suffice).

But just remember this I was not in good shape after being conned out of the machines and money that I needed to pay other people that were owed money by me, and it took me about a month on here lurking to post on another forum about what happened.

To be honest I still owe a small debt because of it that will be sorted in the next few weeks. I lost other things besides money because of what happened that won't be posted here.

I was not the only one that he shafted at the same time as fellow pin owers at that time were also done and they were/are members on here and another forum jamma+.

People say why not get the law involved, Few reasons why I could not I trusted him even allowing that it was 2 years going on. (2) I was at that time broke and to start proceedings I would have needed to get a solicitor and pay some cash upfront that I did not have and go to UK at my expense.(3) Lost my mind and went into being a recluse not trusting or wanting to talk to anybody about how stupid I was giving this man all my stuff for (£400) and ended up doubling my weight because of my stupidity.

I don't post this wanting or expecting/attention from anyone to feel sorry for me as it was all my fault, I can't even blame highwayman just myself and it has taken 7 years+ to get to here and have finally moved onto greener pastures knowing Karma has reached the said individual.

I feel for Chris and was going to offer him a room over here till he got on his feet as I know it will be a while before he gets over this experience.

Warm Regards Alan

Anyone would think the UK Pinball Show (under whatever name) was cursed :rofl: .......... first the Nick Bennet/Pins Anon shows crash and burn in 2009 with the 'Safegate' scandal , then Mr Heighway picks up the baton ....and leaves a trail of money owing devastation in his wake.

View attachment 64455
No, nothing like what Andy Heighway did.
Please don't tar Mr Bennett with the same brush as Andy Heighway.
Thought you knew better than that Ivan. :tut:
All that was blown up by a certain Mr Decker, every donation made to Nick was for him to do as he thought right and to promote the UK Pinball show. Everyone who donated did not say anything against Nick.

All that was blown up by a certain Mr Decker, every donation made to Nick was for him to do as he thought right and to promote the UK Pinball show. Everyone who donated did not say anything against Nick.
I was just pointing out there was a money related drama that brought the shows to an end [emoji3] Like it or not there was 'Safegate'

Not intending to open up the whole debate again. Ancient history.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Still Nick did more for the pinball communitie than anyone else . And yes like you say ancient history.
:)

Hello all,

Seems some think of my case has been with Andrew has been (alleged), Let me say this I can get any of the correspondence between him and myself on facebook and skype and post it (but his track record should suffice).

But just remember this I was not in good shape after being conned out of the machines and money that I needed to pay other people that were owed money by me, and it took me about a month on here lurking to post on another forum about what happened.

To be honest I still owe a small debt because of it that will be sorted in the next few weeks. I lost other things besides money because of what happened that won't be posted here.

I was not the only one that he shafted at the same time as fellow pin owers at that time were also done and they were/are members on here and another forum jamma+.

People say why not get the law involved, Few reasons why I could not I trusted him even allowing that it was 2 years going on. (2) I was at that time broke and to start proceedings I would have needed to get a solicitor and pay some cash upfront that I did not have and go to UK at my expense.(3) Lost my mind and went into being a recluse not trusting or wanting to talk to anybody about how stupid I was giving this man all my stuff for (£400) and ended up doubling my weight because of my stupidity.

I don't post this wanting or expecting/attention from anyone to feel sorry for me as it was all my fault, I can't even blame highwayman just myself and it has taken 7 years+ to get to here and have finally moved onto greener pastures knowing Karma has reached the said individual.

I feel for Chris and was going to offer him a room over here till he got on his feet as I know it will be a while before he gets over this experience.

Warm Regards Alan

I suggest that you ask or encourage the people whom you say were burned / stolen from at the same time to come forward.

If they'll only post in one place, Pinside's probably better since it has a global audience.

Still the tip of the iceberg, IMO.

Last edited:
I suggest that you ask or encourage the people whom you say were burned / stolen from at the same time, that you know of, to come forward.

If they'll only post in one place, Pinside's probably better since it has a global audience.

As I said on Pinside ... still the tip of the iceberg, IMO.

They are here and on Pinside watching. If/when they want to tell their story that is up to them as I have seen them post here and there over the past month. People in my experience are afraid to admit these sort of things,
thinking what fellow human beings would think of their mistakes.But they know who they are and should come forward and break the ICE.

As for me, I'm over it and won't be commenting on it or anything to do with Mr highwayman's antics just buying and restoring/modding pins.

I think it's pretty sad that Andrew was allowed to get away with all of this for so long when clearly a lot of people in the pinball community knew about much of this for years. It's obvious it was banded around certain circles but only now are the full extent of his crimes to society becoming public knowledge.

what a cock this twat is:

Thanks for the questions guys. There were certainly some useful ones which I was able to add to the mix.

Unfortunately today's interview wasn't able to take place in the manner originally planned.

It was to be a Skype call which would be recorded and published as near verbatim as possible .

Andrew was concerned that in addressing some of the actions of certain others he might inadvertently slander/libel them, or at least be at risk of that.

I offered to remove or redact any parts of an answer which might be libelous or slanderous (not sure which if the words are published as a recording and as text - probably both?) as I don't want to be liable either, but Andrew wanted to see the questions in advance so he could work out what he would/could say.

That was not something I could agree to. I wanted to hear his immediate reaction and not some carefully considered response. I also wanted to be able to jump in and pick him up on any points which seemed incorrect, inconsistent or unclear.

In addition, Andrew wanted the final say over whether the interview could be published or not, depending on how it went. Again, this was not a point I would cede.

So, as a compromise, I have sent him all my initial questions (there are a lot) for his *written* answers and will then pick up on any points also by e-mail. I will sub-down anything irrelevant or any grandstanding, and won't seek any 'approval' before publishing.

You might ask what the difference is between this and just sending him the questions in advance of the Skype interview. The key point is that I don't want anyone thinking the Skype call was the intended version and not know Andrew already knew all the questions which were coming. That would totally change the dynamic of the interview and not be an honest interview in my opinion.

So, it's not the interview I wanted, but I know there is a lot more to this whole story and I want to get at as much of it as possible.

And rest assured there are no soft-ball questions.

Cheers,

Martin.

They are here and on Pinside watching. If/when they want to tell their story that is up to them as I have seen them post here and there over the past month. ******People in my experience are afraid to admit these sort of things,
thinking what fellow human beings would think of their mistakes.****
But they know who they are and should come forward and break the ICE.

As for me, I'm over it and won't be commenting on it or anything to do with Mr highwayman's antics just buying and restoring/modding pins.

Unfortunately that's exactly what people like Andrew count on, to help them get away with this ****. It's a vicious cycle. The more people stay silent, the more isolated and ashamed other victims feel - as you did.

The more people who tell their story, the more other people will feel that they can finally come to terms with it and come forward.

Obviously it's their choice, but it would certainly be preferable if they would post.

No-one's going to attack them. At least not now ... I don't think anyone is willing to pretend that Andrew is a saint any more - save possibly Whysnow who may still burn candles at his shrine.

Thanks for the questions guys. There were certainly some useful ones which I was able to add to the mix.

Unfortunately today's interview wasn't able to take place in the manner originally planned.

It was to be a Skype call which would be recorded and published as near verbatim as possible .

Andrew was concerned that in addressing some of the actions of certain others he might inadvertently slander/libel them, or at least be at risk of that.

I offered to remove or redact any parts of an answer which might be libelous or slanderous (not sure which if the words are published as a recording and as text - probably both?) as I don't want to be liable either, but Andrew wanted to see the questions in advance so he could work out what he would/could say.

That was not something I could agree to. I wanted to hear his immediate reaction and not some carefully considered response. I also wanted to be able to jump in and pick him up on any points which seemed incorrect, inconsistent or unclear.

In addition, Andrew wanted the final say over whether the interview could be published or not, depending on how it went. Again, this was not a point I would cede.

So, as a compromise, I have sent him all my initial questions (there are a lot) for his *written* answers and will then pick up on any points also by e-mail. I will sub-down anything irrelevant or any grandstanding, and won't seek any 'approval' before publishing.

You might ask what the difference is between this and just sending him the questions in advance of the Skype interview. The key point is that I don't want anyone thinking the Skype call was the intended version and not know Andrew already knew all the questions which were coming. That would totally change the dynamic of the interview and not be an honest interview in my opinion.

So, it's not the interview I wanted, but I know there is a lot more to this whole story and I want to get at as much of it as possible.

And rest assured there are no soft-ball questions.

Cheers,

Martin.
Lol

I wouldn't agree to send him the questions so he could carefully prepare answers, so as a compromise I've agreed to send him the questions so he can carefully prepare his answers.

What a complete waste of time.

:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

Sounds familiar....

Reactions: Rav

Was gonna say summat but Daz summed it up well,original ukpinball show was "scandal" was nothing like this, hell without the hobby would still be a backstreet unknown weirdo thing.Instead of the better known weirdo thing it is today!

Not much you can do in Martin's position if he doesn't want to be put on the spot like that. Not a real surprise.

Unfortunately that's exactly what people like Andrew count on, to help them get away with this ****. It's a vicious cycle. The more people stay silent, the more isolated and ashamed other victims feel - as you did.

The more people who tell their story, the more other people will feel that they can finally come to terms with it and come forward.
It also doesn't help that whenever there is a situation like this in a smaller hobbyist community, there's always the 'Oh No, Not Drama!' queens that have the attitude of 'I'm going to stay out of it, I'm not going to get involved, the worst thing that could happen is to split the community' which directly enables this sort of behaviour by isolating the victims, adding fuel to the pushback on the victims, and trying to bury the evidence so the abuser gets more leeway in advance.

I'm not even levelling this charge at pinball especially - I've seen it everywhere I go. I have more interests and hobbies than any human being has time for, and I deep-dive into all of them, so I've been around. It's getting to be a common pattern. I've seen it in the ZX Spectrum as of late too, what with a pair of scam artists making off with half a million pounds of investor money for a Sinclair handheld, with the collateral being the bankrupting and near-ruined-life of a small supplier, amongst other utterly insane behaviour. It's a mess over there. And those scammers STILL have supporters... as well as people going 'This will split the community, we can't have mention of it here blah blah' not realising they're widening that chasm.

I’m trying to get Dave and other ex employees to UKPinfest. If they feel up to it, they can give a talk as a panel with an audience or do private interviews.

They are the people who should be given the chance to speak out. Not him. He’s done his bit.

Was gonna say summat but Daz summed it up well,original ukpinball show was "scandal" was nothing like this, hell without the hobby would still be a backstreet unknown weirdo thing.Instead of the better known weirdo thing it is today!
I didn't compare Nick to Andy.

I merely pointed out that both guys shows ended in money dramas.

It was a light hearted post..... the 'curse' of the UK Pinball Show.... The amusing Leia meme.... maybe it was ill judged but I didn't think so.

If I had of thought people were gonna get their knickers in a twist about it I wouldnt have bothered.[emoji6]

Anyway, it's Thurs, weekend is upon us, I'm getting another beer [emoji482]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Wait... did we just get a 'Rudy Giuliani on Fox & Friends' moment?

At least he's admitted what he thinks of everyone.

Well it's 'better known' NOW.

After dealing with Andy a few times I voiced my opinion about him and his ridiculous time scales lies and other things a few times on here and nobody ever added anything most defended him
As for a interview it’s just a waste of time if he can full rehearse his answers first and refuse to answer anything he doesn’t want to
And as for legal action well what would you gain from that I doubt very much Andy has any thing to take rented house least car Andy has lived like this for several years taking a nice wage every month till a time the **** hits the fan then bails out leaving a hugh trail of destruction and moves on to his next venture when other people are more willing to throw money at him again
There are many people on here who still keep silent or use silly user names so it won’t be long till the next sucker gets it

Back
Top Bottom