What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Heighway Owner

A distributor in Sweden has received a batch of standards in the last few days, and another batch is currently shipping to Cointaker in the US, will be watching to see if the reliability has improved.

did anyone see this? is it true?!

I can't imagine they will see anything either until they ship.

After holding out for a long time, CT finally caved and paid Andrew Heighway for the 10 Alien machines they were owed, plus other stuff, after he begged them for the cash so he could finish the build of their games. The few that they did then build, they were double or triple selling to other parties.

CT went apopleptic, understandably, after learning what was going on, and Andrew avoiding them like all his other customers. He then sent them 'evidence' of the machines shipping. He promptly sold said machines (including FThs) to a Dutch guy, who drove there with a truck and cash, which he had intended to do all along.

They were supposedly owed into 6 figures, for those machines and other product, and never would have got anything if the new owners hadn't stepped in.

After that experience, I highly doubt they will be in a hurry to risk their or their customers' money again like that.

Dutch Heighway robbery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I also get it Daz and have always been a supporter, but since Andy H left I don’t feel the same allegiance. The game was fun I agree, but since we played it at 8BF there’s been about 8-10 other games, and pinheads are pinheads - short attention span and the market has just moved on and away from them.

I wonder if Andy got a machine for himself and if it all works OK! Surely that must have been a part of the deal to step aside, unless he already had a machine by then? o_O

I doubt he ever wants to see a pinball again!

He was selling a few on the bay the other week.

Have to disagree somewhat. Imagine having it stream live and break (possibly really quickly). It would do nothing for sales.

I stick by my comment. Wind up the company, sell the rights to yourself and build under another name (possibly in europe).

If it was me taking over a failing company, I'd want to prove that I'd turn things around BIG TIME! No better way than having a few reliable machines at the UK's biggest event and pinheads watching all over the world.

To the contrary, they have supplied Alien for the EPC happening now, 250 of the top European players here in Sweden - it will give far more coverage than Manchester.

I've been alone with you
inside my mind
and in my dreams I played the game
a thousand times
I've sometimes seen it
on my games room floor

Heighway!

Its Alien I've been waiting for
I can't see it with my eyes
I can't feel it in my hands
its all I ever wanted
and my doors were open wide
cause you know its been so long
and this I have to do
and I have to tell you so much
I've lost confidence in you

I longed to start a love affair
and say time and time again
how much I care
but now I feel it's time to let go

Hello

I've just got to let you know
my LE has not arrived
and my order is overdue
is it somewhere feeling lonely
or in a back order queue
tell me where it all went wrong
because I haven't got a clue
so let me start by saying **** ***

Heighway

Its my cash I'm looking for
cause I no longer want the game
and have it sent from you
the retainer is all I need
and nothing else will do
tell me you will pay it back
so I won't have to sue
and then I can say thank you

Just waiting for the Dutch oarsmen to join him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom