What's new

New Heighway Owner

I love the cab, and the game, still very interested in buying one in the future, at the right price, best theme executed well in years.

I would love to know the real story here. How these investors thought that they could beat the odds.

A real shame. But I could invest £1m in becoming an Olympic gymnast and I would fail.

Someone will pick this up though surely... as the creditors currently aren't the new companies liability, they "owners" will probably seek to be the p in the £ as opposed to others, not listed.

I don't have access to my uni account now, or would have pulled their recent accounts, credit info etc and looked who is a creditor... anyone got that suite with work ;) - if not... might be able to get it tomorrow.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08087382/filing-history - they looked pretty much fooked back in 2 June 2017 accounts. Shareholders funds of £780,000 all gone. Not a lot of creditors money to be honest - they are a classic case of an underfunded company. They just didn't/don't have enough cash by the looks of it.

Who really knows if there was any machines for CT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bloody shame someone established didn't get the Alien licence. Hard to think of a cooler theme

Bloody shame someone established didn't get the Alien licence. Hard to think of a cooler theme

Predator, now Aliens down the ****ter, sad that neither of these themes could make it into a successful production run.

As much as it was a massive industry 25-30yrs ago and coin-op was a different world, its a tiny niche these days. Its a massively passionate niche though, thank god!

Stern's cost-effective business-led nature of development is a reason for their fairly dominant success, it doesn't matter if we like that or not. (I've only had a few Sterns, like Tron, ACDC, LOTR, SM on the way)

anyone who paid a deposit should contact the insolvency contact as per below
you have little chance of anything back but still worth registering

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180426_ca20f8e458cb34af50a102a3ea95ae32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing all the valuable stuff, licenses etc, will have already been sold off to another company. Don't know if it's possible to sell on a themed license though?

I'm guessing all the valuable stuff, licenses etc, will have already been sold off to another company. Don't know if it's possible to sell on a themed license though?

That licence, I'd guess, is probably non transferrable, and, most licences like that will usually give the licensor the ability to terminate if the liencee goes into liquidation. So, the company would need to keep going rather than be liquidated, probably a CVA is the way they'd do that, IF there is the desire to keep this going. If it's liquidated, whoever is selling/buying the assets would need to look carefully at the terms of the license agreement, for sure.

I'm half tempted........ ;-)

I thought one of the only reasons they didn’t do an asset purchase when AH went was because of the license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gutted for those that lost money. It's such a shame as everyone raves about the game once they've played it.

Feel really sorry for those out of pocket. I pushed hard and received a refund last Expo knowing new money would be flowing but always mindful that £ was coming from fellow pinheads .

Honestly though, with potentially a fair few games about to come up as available, surmising that they were actually made, there could be some things, maybe just cabinets, up for grabs. I Picking over the bones a bit here, but maybe something can come of their **** up, just a pity anything you do manage to buy, if anything, will not get to those it should... I hope most bought on a credit card.

In saying all of this, didn't the investors already have fingers in a pinball shaped pie, I wonder where the finished games might end up then....

:tut:

I'd like to believe that many of the people that had skin in the game, some from years ago, had pretty much written off that money by this point anyway. No one ought to be really spending money they can't afford to lose on what is ultimately a "toy" (don't shoot me).

That said, there are probably a few people who had been ignoring all of the signs, disregarded the fact that they paid money into AH's pockets rather than the new company, and had convinced themselves that "any day now" they'd get their pin shipped to them.

I'd like to believe that many of the people that had skin in the game, some from years ago, had pretty much written off that money by this point anyway. No one ought to be really spending money they can't afford to lose on what is ultimately a "toy" (don't shoot me).

That said, there are probably a few people who had been ignoring all of the signs, disregarded the fact that they paid money into AH's pockets rather than the new company, and had convinced themselves that "any day now" they'd get their pin shipped to them.

Yep I was one of those fools. Back in October 2014, paid my 1k deposit. Andrew seemed enthusiastic, the price was good (£5750 for an LE). Started having my doubts when Andrew kept constantly lying about shipping dates, just a ruse to get more deposits in I guess. Got a request to pay in full not long before Andrew left, ignored it as there were no signs of LE's shipping at the time. Then the new investors came in with new money and new promises, some folks advised me to get out at this stage but I decided to hold on, the huge increase in price now that only HLD were selling it here meant that if I got a machine at the original price it would be a bargain, sure I knew it was a risky play, but thought worth taking the gamble. Not sure if I pressed for a refund I would have got one anyway, maybe/maybe not. Anyway a few weeks ago I got another email asking for full payment as my LE was ready to ship (I guess at the same time IanW got his). I decided the risk was too great with reliability issues so decided to hold. Would be sick to the stomach now if I'd paid in full recently without getting a machine, but as it is the deposit was paid 4 years ago, it's long forgotten about, **** happens etc

Interested to see what would have happened if I had actually got the machine like Ian did, will the machine hold up over time, will it become a rarity like Big Bang Bar demanding 18k :eek:, or will it just become a non working brick that no-one can fix?

The good news is I don't have to worry about saving a space for it anymore :).

It isn't a great story @mark9 and just goes to show, not all crooks wear black and white tops and have a bag with a giant dollar sign on it on their back.

I don’t think I’m the only one either, recognised a few names on the email that Andrew sent when he was asking for full payment as he bulk sent the email giving us access to all the preorderer’s email addresses. :rolleyes:

This was Andrew’s last post on pinside, several months after the new investors came in. There are gaps where he quotes another pinsider:

After nearly 5 months away, I have decided to come back to Pinside and defend myself, following a friend of mine telling me that there were serious libellous and slanderous comments being posted here.

This is a very serious accusation, and one that you have presented as a ‘fact’. What proof do you have that I have stolen money from the company? You should investigate just how serious claims of libel and slander can be for the poster.

So my stealing money has gone from fact, to just your opinion now?

I’ve rarely read such a load of bs in all my life. Pure guesswork. $7.5k collected on 200 games? Rubbish. Our biggest suppliers not getting paid? Which ones? Most of our parts were pre-paid. A minority of suppliers only were owed money. I purchased a license to operate a hydrofoil business? Really? Where are these ‘top secret’ papers that you claim to have been handed? The truth is that I formed a UK company online more than a year ago called ‘Hydrofoils UK’ for one of my hobbies. The company has never been used, is dormant and likely to be struck off the register soon.

Now you’re back to your so-called ‘fact’ that I siphoned off hundreds of thousands of dollars?

1. Hundreds of thousands of dollars? Rubbish. Also your assumptions don’t factor in the many cancellations we had. Why did we have many cancellations at the time? A well-known Podcaster here was incessantly posting podcasts aimed at destroying the company. Also, two ‘anonymous’ ex-employees were posting damaging comments, even though they were under NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). Also, a UK poster here – again under NDA – went on a campaign to destroy the company. Not only this, but this person emailed HP customers directly and telling them to cancel their orders. You tell me a company that can effectively survive such hostility towards it? Combined, these led to nervousness amongst customers and many cancelled. If cancellations are greater than orders? You do the math jeffspinballpalace
2. December 16 filing – this was a filing on the end of year (March 2016) accounts and reflects the situation at the end of March 2016, and after financial consolidations by the company’s accountant. This does NOT reflect cash in the company in December 2016.
3. Please list these ‘largest’ suppliers who were not paid?
4. I purchased a license to run a hydrofoil business? Rubbish. I spent £40 on forming a company that was never used. Again you allege I spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on this so please provide the evidence
5. We were manufacturing games in December 2016 – this is a fact.

Ultimately, many people may not like me or how things turned out. Technical problems (delays) and vendettas against the company made life very difficult for the company. We also had huge problems with some of our suppliers that added months onto production schedules. Delays of any reason don’t stop a company’s overheads (staff, factory, etc…) and it’s refreshing to see that the business-minded among Pinside recognise this.

The company reached the point when more funds were needed and I had no choice but to step away from the company I originally founded from my garage in 2012. It was gutting and heart-wrenching, but I did so, ensuring that everyone associated with the company would be protected – including customers, employees, suppliers, distributers, partners and investors.

As a customer who paid money for a game, Jeff, you have every right to be angry about the situation – but I can’t just sit back and see you spout bullsh*t about me personally, and accuse me of being a thief. You should really be careful about making such damaging and unsubstantiated claims that could be used against you legally.

I understand that refunds have been issued and people are receiving their games. This is great to hear but I am truly sorry for any customers who have received neither yet. I understand, and still believe, that everyone owed money or games by HP will ultimately receive what they are due – but I’m sorry, I am no longer associated with the company and hence, cannot comment any further.

I made a lot of good friends here and realise that most people here are good folk who have a real passion for pinball. To the many people I know here - I wish you all well and nothing but the best.

Andrew

Shop floor guys who have never made Pinball machines before

Working for a manager who had never made Pinball machines before

Working for owners who had never made Pinball machines before

Operating out of a factory that had never made Pinball machines before

In a country that had never made Pinball machines before

Without the backing of an extremely wealthy patron willing to burn money to fund his dream

Who could have predicted the business' demise ?

Buying an Alien is a huge risk. It is not analogous to Big Bang Bar. Capcom knew how to make games that actually worked. These Heighwaymen lacked that pedigree .

Back
Top Bottom