What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Heighway Owner

Well, according to this fine piece of journalism, he did not "fail":

My hero Isambard Kingdom Brunel went bust more times than a Vegas gambler but is still merited with some of the best engineering projects of all time, and helped make Britain great.

My hero Isambard Kingdom Brunel went bust more times than a Vegas gambler but is still merited with some of the best engineering projects of all time, and helped make Britain great.

I don't think that Brunel ever lied to people about taking their money to service other peoples orders though right?

True. It is currently on page 418 so interested to see what it is at when I'm back at my desk in the morning.

True. It is currently on page 418 so interested to see what it is at when I'm back at my desk in the morning.

****. Sorry for everyone caught up in this. :( To actually be in a situation where some machines had been made but you end up with FA totally sucks. Any one on here out of pocket?

Is this related to CT (allegedly) not handing over the money for the container of games, or have they dodged a bullet by not (allegedly) handing over the money.

Last edited:
Is this related to CT not handing over the money for the container of games, or have they dodged a bullet by not handing over the money.
Both.

This is all conjecture of course, but it sounds as if Heighway were operating hand to mouth. They needed the CT money to service their liabilities (suppliers, staff, etc), CT wanted reassurance of spare parts, support, etc which HP couldn't or wouldn't give. Thus CT backed out, and the money that HP was relying on evaporated. By all accounts CT had an order in for "25-30" machines.

CT dodged a bullet in any event, though I imagine they didn't come out without losses of their own.

Companies that live or die by the grace of one order/customer are pretty much in a death spiral.

Feel sorry for any Heighway Pinball machine owner.

The boards will all be knackered in a couple of years due to corners being cut and not following advice (that I did give on the full throttle/Circe project).

If they do go under myself and a few others I know can talk straight as we were made to sign non disclosure documents. Not that they could afford to take a traffic warden to court.

Best idea was said earlier. Buy cheap Heighway games. Install a proc and do a rewrite!

Buy that container. Rip out the guts and fit and offer a proc conversion and software port.
Best idea was said earlier. Buy cheap Heighway games. Install a proc and do a rewrite!

Not a small undertaking for someone. Remember folks, pinball is hard. If someone does a rewrite on it, ditch the horrible cabinet at the same time..

The company was ****ed last year. This is about execution and quality of execution. The new owners might have been able do to 1 but they had no chance because the quality of execution that AH had done was **** poor beyond belief. Manufacturing something this complex is hard and needs deep pockets. I just hope this isn’t a rinse and repeat job.

Those machines that have been made should be sent to those who are owed money.

Someone will pick this up though surely... as the creditors currently aren't the new companies liability, they "owners" will probably seek to be the p in the £ as opposed to others, not listed.

I don't have access to my uni account now, or would have pulled their recent accounts, credit info etc and looked who is a creditor... anyone got that suite with work ;) - if not... might be able to get it tomorrow.

The company was ****ed last year. This is about execution and quality of execution. The new owners might have been able do to 1 but they had no chance because the quality of execution that AH had done was **** poor beyond belief. Manufacturing something this complex is hard and needs deep pockets. I just hope this isn’t a rinse and repeat job.

Those machines that have been made should be sent to those who are owed money.

The sad fact is you could be talking about zidware with what you just said . The similarities are unbelievable on all levels...

Back
Top Bottom