What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monster Bash Remake leaked

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
No evidence to back this up at all but I'd bet Stern did better with their aging rock band theme AC/DC than they did with Ghostbusters.

It's strange how some pins never come up for resale though. AC/DC rarely pops up, nor does the Walking Dead or Metallica. Either people are keeping them or they are going through private sales

I have honestly got no idea what good sales figures would be for the UK. Dialled In seemed all the rage last year. Did they shift as many as 30 in the UK? Am I well over or well under? I was honestly surprised that Alice Cooper looked like it would hit double figures over here.

MMr has been out for a fair while. What would the UK sales be for that? Would PPS have churned out as many as 2500 overall in world sales?

Feel like I'm ****ing in the dark here

No evidence to back this up at all but I'd bet Stern did better with their aging rock band theme AC/DC than they did with Ghostbusters.

It's strange how some pins never come up for resale though. AC/DC rarely pops up, nor does the Walking Dead or Metallica. Either people are keeping them or they are going through private sales

I have honestly got no idea what good sales figures would be for the UK. Dialled In seemed all the rage last year. Did they shift as many as 30 in the UK? Am I well over or well under? I was honestly surprised that Alice Cooper looked like it would hit double figures over here.

MMr has been out for a fair while. What would the UK sales be for that? Would PPS have churned out as many as 2500 overall in world sales?

Yes over 30 di sold so far

It's no surprise NIB sales aren't doing well, Stern Pro's have gone up over £1000 since GB came out, and how much was Star Trek when that came out? £4.5k ish? so pro's have gone up approaching 50% since ST.

And AC/DC, MET, TWD are all coded by Lyman......
At the end of the day it's great code that keeps these games from being sold.
Add BM66 to the list.
And first 3 games by CGC - MM, AFM , MB ( ? ) - all coded by Lyman again.

AC/DC was a big seller, not many for sale though which speaks volumes.

If anyone has a cheap mm for sale let me know :) , seems like 2nd Hand games go for the same if not slightly less or even more than remakes

Ugh. AFM, MM, MB... they all play the same. But I know they're the most loved and overplayed, even on fecking Pinball Arcade.

The definition of a safe bet. But not for me - as others have said, there's no challenge. At least MM could sometimes become a little awkward... sometimes.

Lots of hype on tna but nobody buying it in the uk only 5 sold to date

Main reason is likely due to the long lead times. Machines ordered now will probably be available at the very end of this year, or early next. Even if they speed up, doubt it'll drop below 6 month wait at the moment. Not with 500 ACNCs to build.

If Spooky were able to build more, TNA would be a huge seller.

Lots of hype on tna but nobody buying it in the uk only 5 sold to date

I'd genuinely love one, but sadly i have to draw a line as I can't justify, let alone afford being a NIB pinball machine customer.

I felt dirty paying £4k for a [HUO] Tron 3 yrs ago, and it was so difficult to track down; but now it seem like a relative bargain at the current NIB Pro prices, let alone second-hand TAF's!

The quandary is; do you sell 2 older feature-packed B/W titles, both worth say £2k each, to fund 2/3's of a new Stern Pro? Or half of a CGC game? i did it once with, but i don't think i would again. Each to their own i guess. Then the next shiny NIB comes along and it's another 20% on top again... so you have to sell everything and your kidneys!

It's is going from a mildly expensive hobby to becoming a really rich man's hobby.

I appreciate it was never like that 10yrs ago, but then again i was living in a cheap motor-home in Europe in 2008.. and i didn't have the room for a game :)

It's is going from a mildly expensive hobby to becoming a really rich man's hobby.

I appreciate it was never like that 10yrs ago, but then again i was living in a cheap motor-home in Europe in 2008.. and i didn't have the room for a game :)
Tell me about it. If I had rediscovered pinball ten years ago I would be one of the resident diehards with a storage unit... as it stands I'm only at two games in my home because I've borrowed one...

Tell me about it. If I had rediscovered pinball ten years ago I would be one of the resident diehards with a storage unit... as it stands I'm only at two games in my home because I've borrowed one...
10 years ago? ....., that's about when the pinflation slowly began to gather speed - though not until fully into this decade.

You need to go back 15+ [emoji16]

I really really really miss those days. Plentiful supply, eBay bargains galore, feed frenzies weren't really a thing. NIB LOTR etc for 3K ish [emoji16]

I have reached the point in the last year or 2 where I can almost see myself not buying another game [emoji26] [emoji26] - I'm old skool now and just find it hard to hand over 2k for almost any DMD game now.

And NIB prices are now astronomical. Even if you have the funds to buy one, the hit you then take when selling on seems bigger now...... for me making it harder to justify the spend. In effect 2k hit to rent a new game for a year..,, hard for me to justify that.

Oh well. My grumpy old man hat still fits well [emoji6]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

15 years and I wouldn't have had the pocket money to afford anything anyway. It's fair to say I'm one of the greener members ;)

I posted them up again as the links didn’t work for - in any case my only comment is that the topper looks like it’s static ?

And well integrated with the game both in movement and in lights

And well integrated with the game both in movement and in lights

Yeah that ones a busy and would need to animate all characters in the modes, I can’t see that happening for a low run topper.

I did find MB games lasted a while and it was quite on the easyside which wasn’t a problem for new players with so much going on. Should do ok though, it’s a good table but having owned a nice one I don’t fancy another.

What next for remake? Taf, maybe too many about although o could do with a new topper!

So they don't move but apparently a cool light show. Hope this is at Chicago in a couple of weeks time! MB can be brutal if you set it up right.

TAF for sure. too many people want a mint one, and most of them are mullered.

So they don't move but apparently a cool light show. Hope this is at Chicago in a couple of weeks time! MB can be brutal if you set it up right.

TAF for sure. too many people want a mint one, and most of them are mullered.

Guess it would make money :)

God looking back at my left handed typing, it sucks!

Yeah that ones a busy and would need to animate all characters in the modes, I can’t see that happening for a low run topper.

I did find MB games lasted a while and it was quite on the easyside which wasn’t a problem for new players with so much going on. Should do ok though, it’s a good table but having owned a nice one I don’t fancy another.

What next for remake? Taf, maybe too many about although o could do with a new topper!
TAF seems like a no-brainer, although I'll admit to bias.

Even though there's loads of them about they still command silly money. A NIB TAF would sell hand over fist.

Would CV ever be remade? Are there many of these on the 2nd hand market and what sort of price do they fetch?
Btw, what is wrong with the remake of MM?

CV a possibility but I don't think its that great a game.

There is nothing wrong with the remake of MM. Infact its one of the best games in my collection.

Figures do look fixed in place but the moon could have some sort of light show...

Photo was definitely take quickly so quality is terrible, be interesting to see it properly when announced

Would TAF follow MBr... With the Munsters and Elriva 3 on the way??? MM, AFM and MB are all higher end machines in the secondary market... TAF you can still pick up for a reasonable sum if not looking for a minter...

Back
Top Bottom