What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available LOTR LE - before it goes to France...

Did I say it like this? What is up with this forum these days. Everyone with a cynical or crappy response to everything.
Sorry too buddy, I was only having a laugh.
Your pin does look awesome..
I would like to have it in my collection.
I think you will regret selling, alas… you can’t keep them all 👍

It's cool.

Like I said, thanks for everyone's help. Haven't been able to respond much as I work shifts and have a baby. But Ive got some ideas on how to move forward.

So many options that sometimes it's just too much and I end up just keeping it.
None joking response :D

Pick what ever solution is the least amount of effort and gives the most profit!

I had an LE that I sold last year that was fully loaded and some, it also had the original trim. I sold it for £6k. Had offers from the EU, France, Germany and Italy when I made the mistake of changing settings on pinball owners. Stayed in the UK and I made a few hundred quid except I spent the day going to get it.

If it was me I would have said nothing and done the deal as this kind of money for this is sky high, prices have gone up but geez.

Dont have a problem with people making money and good luck to you👍😎

Don't forget, there are people on here who think you shouldn’t make any money when you sell on here so you are going to get the cold shoulder.

Hope you get some sleep with that baby😫

It's cool.

Like I said, thanks for everyone's help. Haven't been able to respond much as I work shifts and have a baby. But Ive got some ideas on how to move forward.

So many options that sometimes it's just too much and I end up just keeping it.
I didn’t mean to come across as having a do also … in my mind it seems way to risky and have too much complexity just to obtain the extra dollar

Right now the market seems great to sell to the US would I do as many have and send a pin that far no I wouldn’t too much can go wrong for me

Like people have said if this guy in France is serious knock him £500 quid off for him to hire a van and get over here . If he’s really serious he would do it . If he doesn’t want to do that then he’s probably not too bothered and will end up messing you about anyway

Your best outcome if you do come to part is take the very best money you can have the buyer come round try it and pay and take it away … zero hassle for you

My motto is you can’t stick a square peg in a round hole and as such if something is baking ya noodle trying to make something happen and it becomes too complex to make happen then knock it on the head because it’s better to take a bit less and have zero hassle

Good luck with whatever you decide

Yea I think it is proving to be quite a complicated venture and because I've never done it or anything like it, increases my worry about it.

I've messaged the French guy if he wants to come here and get it he is welcome to.

I suck at selling games as I always end up missing them.

Yea I think it is proving to be quite a complicated venture and because I've never done it or anything like it, increases my worry about it.
I've messaged the French guy if he wants to come here and get it he is welcome to.

I suck at selling games as I always end up missing them.
Join the club wish I’d never sold LW3 and for just £1650, never get another for that price again and was only year ago.

My motto is: You can’t stick a square peg in a round hole and as such if something is baking ya noodle trying to make something happen and it becomes too complex to make happen then knock it on the head because it’s better to take a bit less and have zero hassle

That's a long fu(K1ng motto my friend. Not very catchy either 😉

I think its a wise move, a pinballs not your usual type of cargo and is bound to attract attention.

Would be worried about getting pulled by customs and them refusing to release to the game until you come up with a couple of grand in VAT :eek:

Did I say it like this? What is up with this forum these days. Everyone with a cynical or crappy response to everything.
I think maybe people are getting more than a little cheesed off with adverts trying to justify the ridiculous high price for certain machines.

"Buy it or it goes to France", "I paid a tiny bit less than it was advertised for" (1k less 😀)
"If it doesn't sell here, I'll put it on eBay".

Yes everyone wants to sell it for as much as possible - put people making themselves out to be a martyr and sacrificing themselves for the good of the "community" 🤣💩

I think maybe people are getting more than a little cheesed off with adverts trying to justify the ridiculous high price for certain machines.

"Buy it or it goes to France", "I paid a tiny bit less than it was advertised for" (1k less 😀)

Yes everyone wants to sell it for as much as possible - put people making themselves out to be a martyr and sacrificing themselves for the good of the "community" 🤣💩

Can't help what I've been offered elsewhere... If people think that's ridiculous then so be it.
I brought it onto here to see if there was any interest as I'm not really wanting to send it to another country for a myriad of reasons.

Im not gonna be told that I can't post on here though. If you don't want the game that's cool, I've had a couple of offers on here and that's what I was after. The rest of the nay-saying is just background noise.

Can't help what I've been offered elsewhere... If people think that's ridiculous then so be it.
I brought it onto here to see if there was any interest as I'm not really wanting to send it to another country for a myriad of reasons.

Im not gonna be told that I can't post on here though. If you don't want the game that's cool, I've had a couple of offers on here and that's what I was after. The rest of the nay-saying is just background noise.
Whichever way it goes, I hope you'll let us know - I looked at buying something from Belgium (non-pinball) & it was waaay too much hassle for me, especially as I would have been bidding at auction, but that was pre Brexit & seems like a walk in the park compared to what you are contemplating.

To be fair, I messaged him about it in December and he mentioned someone in France had offered £10k.
So it’s not some sort ruse

I haven't read anywhere that you can't post on here?

What I was saying that people are getting fed up with the backstories - they're not required or relevant.

You say yourself that "I've had a couple of offers on here and that's what I was after"

Why not just put up a for sale ad with the price you'd be happy to accept, rather than fishing for offers - which I was under the impression was against forum rules.

Someone 'advised' that I shouldn't have posted anything.

But anyway, Wayne, you clearly have a bee in your bonnet. Have a beer and relax.

Do you know what else people don't want, being told what they can or cannot do or say. Or giving 'their advice' or 'two cents' when it's not productive or friendly. And most of the time not even asked for.

Like where do you get off telling me how I should place an ad. Got a problem? Message me and we can discuss.

@richk87 If you actually look at my posts, they are direct response to QUESTIONS that YOU have asked. Including my first post about the legal implications of dodging taxes, and your options. No doubt you'll do what suits you best financially whatever.

GLWS

I looked back at your original post, and you felt the need to say that the game I had an advert for sale was 'overpriced' and 'overrated'.

Cheers, next time you put a for sale ad up, I hope others come on your ad and say how awful it is.

True story
Only a few weeks ago I was offered 13k for my DP LE inc topper.
I was so tempted and I don’t know who is more crazy, the guy who offered or me for turning it down.
However I passed the sale on to a close mate who also has one inc topper and he jumped at it which paid for 2 new pins.
Certain pins seem to have no ceiling but no one should be guilty for accepting these prices when offered as whatever is gonna replace it will also have the current premium added.
Is LOTR LE worth 10k god no way there are far superior pins for half that IMO!
I sold a fully loaded beauty, no skill posts, gold plated, shaker, Invisiglass and every mod and extra available last year for £5k I wish someone contacted me and offered 6 never mind 10.

I feel like I’ve read most of the book and am just about to read the “grand finale”. I hope we do found out what option you eventually go for and the end result. Good luck 👍🏼

My motto is you can’t stick a square peg in a round hole and as such if something is baking ya noodle trying to make something happen and it becomes too complex to make happen then knock it on the head because it’s better to take a bit less and have zero hassle

I've ALWAYS said this

Did it sell in the end mate?

No not yet. Still considering the best course of action - life just getting in the way a bit at the moment.

On one hand I have people saying not to sell as I will miss it too much (likely true) and others are saying to sell as I wont get a better price for it.
I want to try other games but I don't have much room anymore so it has to go if I want to buy other games.

The problem of owning a grail game I guess.

No not yet. Still considering the best course of action - life just getting in the way a bit at the moment.

On one hand I have people saying not to sell as I will miss it too much (likely true) and others are saying to sell as I wont get a better price for it.
I want to try other games but I don't have much room anymore so it has to go if I want to buy other games.

It’s always the struggle with pinball due to the size and cost!

If it was me and it was my grail game, I would hold on to it. But, I know from experience that things can change quickly and what was a grail game before, can be just another game. I do think it’s good to freshen things sometimes.

Good luck.

Last edited:

And that would be like reading a 500 page novel and finding out that the last page had been ripped out 😱

Back
Top Bottom