What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available LOTR LE - before it goes to France...

Unless you're trading it for the IJ, I would make transport the buyer's problem. Pack it on a pallet and get him to organise a courier to collect it. Sold a machine like that (pre-brexit) and it was fairly hassle-free (just a couple hours and £50 to pack it...)

Feigning a house move won't work, there's some specific paperwork for that. Even when I moved to the UK pre-brexit it was a faff.

Maybe things have tightened up but I didn’t get stopped either time I went other than on the way out they put my transit on the old scanner/X-ray thingy mabob lol.
thats looking for explosives not pinballs the swob on the steering wheel is looking for drugs

Bonsoir
Arrêtez de rêver !!!!!!!!!
Ici à Calais les contrôles sont très stricts , vous avez peut être entendu parler des MIGRANTS, toutes les voitures sont fouillées, les camions sont radiographiés, la dernière fois ils ont même ouvert ma boite à gants !!!
Si vous transportez un flipper de France vers UK, il est probable qu'ils ouvrent la porte du monnayeur pour voir si un clandestin n'est pas caché dedans

Pour informations
Pour amener un flipper au UK Pinfest, uniquement pour exposition, pas de vente possible, je dois m'inscrire sur plusieurs sites internet et demander un carnet ATA , je dois indiquer la marque, et surtout LE NUMERO DE SERIE du flipper sa valeur neuve et d'occasion + tout un tas d' autres choses
Il me faudra me présenter aux douanes Française et Anglaise aussi bien à l'aller qu'au retour
et il faudra surement payer quelques choses (je ne sais pas encore combien)

Les douanes connaissent tous les trucs à la con, vous avez voulu le Brexit, certains Français (pas moi) comptent bien vous le faire payer, les histoires de sous marins Australien n'ont rien arrangés
pour eux un flipper en panne à la même valeur que si il fonctionnait et ils sont tout a fait capable de regarder sur un forum pour voir la cote d'un flipper
une Rolls Royce silver ghost vaut elle 800 livres parce qu'il manque une roue???
Faut il venir livrer en France ou l'acheteur doit il venir en Angleterre(si il a un passeport)
Je n'en sais rien, mais quelqu'un devra de toutes façons passer à la caisse
c'est ca aussi la France !! Gastronomie et IMPOTS

Bonne chances

I would just pallet it. Use decent straps and tons of bubble wrap, shrink wrap, cushions, blankets, cardboard etc.
Buyer takes the risk on import vat, not your problem.
Not sure how much it costs nowadays but was less than £200 and easy enough to organise online last time I used palletways.

I got my DE JP on a pallet from Netherlands, only cost just over £100 (not sure of exact amount).
Don't remember any fees or vat. Seller sorted it all.

Cheers mate.

I'd be driving it into Calais in a car. Fits in my Freelander. I've just been tempted to say I'm taking it to get repaired..

Iif you say that they might make a note of it and numberplate recognition you on the way back. Hope it works out Rich. You going to Pinfest? That would be a good place to sell. But you probably want a quicker sake than Aug right lol. Good luck with it. Hope it stays in the U.K. though. Such a nice example.👍🏻

If you say you are going to send it on a pallet and suddenly the buyer doesn’t want to pay 11k you will know what’s up.
On the otherhand
1. Sell it to France for 9k + Shipping and Vat. Might still be more than you get locally.
2. Declare the value of a stock LOTR on the invoice. Unlikely customs can tell the difference and vat will be less.

My experience shipping pins on a pallet, they are so well wrapped in cardboard you can’t tell what they are. Could be a fishtales.

I would go the pallet option personally.

Driving through Calais with a story about repairs is asking for trouble (If I want to send something for repair I have to have the correct forms filled out, the repairer also has to complete a form too) don't mess about with people who have the power to conduct a cavity search 😁

The choices are:

Be completely honest and upfront with customs and ask them about the potential costs for selling the machine to someone in the Eu
Let him drive to you and collect it at Dover
Drive it over to Calais yourself

If you're driving to Calais
Declare it fully and pay the proper fees associated with it.
Say you're taking it to a show
Say it's not even yours and you're delivering it back to a friend who you borrowed it from

There are specific custom codes for delivering items and deferring payment of duties and tax - if they are for research or repair for example.

For 10.5k it's worth it.
IMHO I think it's vastly overpriced for an overrated game - that coming from someone who sold his within a month of purchasing.

Hasn't this gone yet? :p It should be set-up, on location and making money by now!

Someone on a Facebook group looking for one

Attachments

• 13E28809-59E7-41FA-BED4-83248548F8DB.png
    13E28809-59E7-41FA-BED4-83248548F8DB.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 15
If it was me, I would knock some money off and sell it on here. Even at £8k / £8,500, I imagine you are still in profit.

Unless the guy is coming to collect it, the risks out weigh even this kind of money.

Just my 10 cents!
Here here …. Your baking your noodle trying to get absolute top dollar whilst at the same time hoping not to get banged with fees … take a bit less sell on here we no hassle

Here here …. Your baking your noodle trying to get absolute top dollar whilst at the same time hoping not to get banged with fees … take a bit less sell on here we no hassle

Ha baking my noodle? You seem to be frustrated with this thread - turn notifications off...

I'll take the advert off - I appreciate everyone's advice on the matter.

Did I say it like this? What is up with this forum these days. Everyone with a cynical or crappy response to everything.
Not at all mate I read it as you put it, for all the moaning in this thread did anyone get in touch with an offer?

Did I say it like this? What is up with this forum these days. Everyone with a cynical or crappy response to everything.
That’s a bit unfair mate, there were a lot of people, myself included who took the time to reply with my genuine advice / opinions.

I did get an offer, which I am considering.
I've had the LOTR LE for quite a while and I am struggling to decide if I want it to leave. Even at such a high amount.

I seem to miss every pin I sell and I think this will be the worst yet lol

That’s a bit unfair mate, there were a lot of people, myself included who took the time to reply with my genuine advice / opinions.

I do appreciate all of the advice given by most, 'everyone' is probably inaccurate.

I guess I just see similar responses on many other threads and when I see the mood changing on the thread I can tell which direction it was going to go in.

Sorry mate was just a light hearted joke. I apologise if caused offence!

It's cool.

Like I said, thanks for everyone's help. Haven't been able to respond much as I work shifts and have a baby. But Ive got some ideas on how to move forward.

So many options that sometimes it's just too much and I end up just keeping it.

Back
Top Bottom