What's new

Labyrinth, from Barrels of fun!

Got to play Labyrinth while over in LA

You would never have guessed this was a first game from a brand new company... Seriously impressive start and par with the likes of Spooky and American already

No flipper issues as reported by @stumblor which was good

The whole looks from artwork, playfield and backglass were superb,

Sculpts were impressive

Loved the dual screens, works well

Shots seemed good

Ruleset I can't comment as only had 6 or 7 games on it

Got to play Labyrinth while over in LA

You would never have guessed this was a first game from a brand new company... Seriously impressive start and par with the likes of Spooky and American already

No flipper issues as reported by @stumblor which was good

The whole looks from artwork, playfield and backglass were superb,

Sculpts were impressive

Loved the dual screens, works well

Shots seemed good

Ruleset I can't comment as only had 6 or 7 games on it
Any sense of the 'feel' of it? Brutal like Ironman? Or easy-going like Cactus Canyon? Does it remind you of anything?

Any sense of the 'feel' of it? Brutal like Ironman? Or easy-going like Cactus Canyon? Does it remind you of anything?

Outlanes were a little brutal but that could have been done to levelling.

I would say it shoots and plays like a 90's machines CV, MM etc

I appreciate Labyrinth as I love the work of the Henson Studio but its not a theme for me...

But Barrels of Fun have impressed me, I would not think twice if a theme I liked came up and they were behind it...

Seriously considering my first non-stern, It would be between Labyrinth and Looney Tunes, need to see more LT gameplay...but then there's Jaws and PF too 🤔
No interest in Labyrinth for me, I'm leaning towards Pulp, mainly because it's something quite different to what I've owned before, a back to basics Pinball machine with a great theme.

Last edited:
Labyrinth looks good, no doubt about it, it's got charm. Looney Tunes I haven't played yet but it's definitely a consideration.

Pulp and Elton are incredibly good games.

I can't remember there being such viable alternatives to buying Stern since I've been in the hobby.

Seriously considering my first non-stern, It would be between Labyrinth and Looney Tunes, need to see more LT gameplay...but then there's Jaws and PF too 🤔
Labyrinth is honestly one of the most charming pins I’ve ever played. Whether it was the flap that popped up, fired a ball at me and chuckled manically, or the callouts, I smiled throughout my two plays.

I’d rank them in terms of likelihood of buying, based on my London EAG plays:

Elton John
Labyrinth
Pulp Fiction (I’ll wait until people get their LEs and a proportion freak out because it plays like an actual classic)!
Galactic Tank Force
Jaws

Jaws would be super-amazing if JP2, GZ and Iron Maiden didn’t exist. But, they do, so it feels there‘s currently a lot of cope going from Stern fans.

Pretty much every pin at London EAG seemed really good. I mean REALLY good…

Jaws is at the level of A:IQ in my opinion, and was almost the worst thing there.

Scooby was there, but I was short on time and had played it at Pinfest, but Looney Tunes wasn’t. Looks good though.

Just updated my post with the other 4 games there
Currently have 6 at our site
We then have plans for another 4 pins spread over 2 other venues in the town as well
Hey David,

I might have to take a little trip from sunny Chelmsford to Yarmouth to flip Spinal Tap and Labyrinth👍
Just checking the venue is open this coming Monday and what time are the opening times (I know this can probably be found online but just want to make sure I have the latest info as it's a bit of a drive🙂)
So tempted by a Labyrinth and this may push me over the edge to make a purchase😁

Jaws is at the level of A:IQ in my opinion, and was almost the worst thing there.

I would say Jaws is alright I played 10 games total 5 pro 5 prem at eag. it has Nice shots but I couldn't understand the game. Just from those games I know jaws isn't a game I need.
I would prefer pf or labyrinth.

High praise, AIQ is quality
Yes, I love A:IQ. Always play one if I see it on location, but the same currently goes for Jaws, PF, Elton John, Labyrinth and Galactic Tank Force. If you’re looking to go NIB, there’s a blessing of choice.

So today I made a 200 mile, 4 and a half hour round trip to sunny Great Yarmouth today especially to play Spinal Tap and Labyrinth.

The verdict:-

Spinal Tap - not as bad as I had heard but not a good game. Very buggy code, music just kinda stops and cuts out in places.
Seemingly random film clip going on I the screen. Photoshopped playfield and pretty clunky shots and the gently raising and lowering guitar as the main toy - not good.
But it's a pinball machine and I guess more pinball is a good.
It will probably be a hard to come by bit of pinball history one day but at the price point Homepin have pitched it at, hard to see them selling many.

Labyrinth - Cab is lovely, if a little brown. Playfield nice but a little dark, could use more spots or something.
Shoots pretty nicely, some tight shots but all makeable.
Screen at back of playfield could be a game changer if used correctly. I'm thinking the way a scene changes on a theatre stage show or a pantomime from say the inside of a castle to a village to a forest etc. It doesn't really do that yet...but could change in later code or in the next Barrels of Fun release maybe.
Overall a good solid game that I really liked but didn't quite fall in love with the way I had hoped, (but for me it at least, it totally shows up most of Sterns recent efforts).
I think any potential buyers will be pretty happy with their purchase and kudos to @David retro for putting one onsite..hope you sell a bucket load of them fella👍

Just incase anyone is interested in the Labyrinth Topper. Install guide here, the Topper looks amazing.

Back
Top Bottom