What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Labyrinth, from Barrels of fun!

Got to play Labyrinth while over in LA

You would never have guessed this was a first game from a brand new company... Seriously impressive start and par with the likes of Spooky and American already

No flipper issues as reported by @stumblor which was good

The whole looks from artwork, playfield and backglass were superb,

Sculpts were impressive

Loved the dual screens, works well

Shots seemed good

Ruleset I can't comment as only had 6 or 7 games on it

Got to play Labyrinth while over in LA

You would never have guessed this was a first game from a brand new company... Seriously impressive start and par with the likes of Spooky and American already

No flipper issues as reported by @stumblor which was good

The whole looks from artwork, playfield and backglass were superb,

Sculpts were impressive

Loved the dual screens, works well

Shots seemed good

Ruleset I can't comment as only had 6 or 7 games on it
Any sense of the 'feel' of it? Brutal like Ironman? Or easy-going like Cactus Canyon? Does it remind you of anything?

Any sense of the 'feel' of it? Brutal like Ironman? Or easy-going like Cactus Canyon? Does it remind you of anything?

Outlanes were a little brutal but that could have been done to levelling.

I would say it shoots and plays like a 90's machines CV, MM etc

I appreciate Labyrinth as I love the work of the Henson Studio but its not a theme for me...

But Barrels of Fun have impressed me, I would not think twice if a theme I liked came up and they were behind it...

Seriously considering my first non-stern, It would be between Labyrinth and Looney Tunes, need to see more LT gameplay...but then there's Jaws and PF too 🤔
No interest in Labyrinth for me, I'm leaning towards Pulp, mainly because it's something quite different to what I've owned before, a back to basics Pinball machine with a great theme.

Last edited:
Labyrinth looks good, no doubt about it, it's got charm. Looney Tunes I haven't played yet but it's definitely a consideration.

Pulp and Elton are incredibly good games.

I can't remember there being such viable alternatives to buying Stern since I've been in the hobby.

Seriously considering my first non-stern, It would be between Labyrinth and Looney Tunes, need to see more LT gameplay...but then there's Jaws and PF too 🤔
Labyrinth is honestly one of the most charming pins I’ve ever played. Whether it was the flap that popped up, fired a ball at me and chuckled manically, or the callouts, I smiled throughout my two plays.

I’d rank them in terms of likelihood of buying, based on my London EAG plays:

Elton John
Labyrinth
Pulp Fiction (I’ll wait until people get their LEs and a proportion freak out because it plays like an actual classic)!
Galactic Tank Force
Jaws

Jaws would be super-amazing if JP2, GZ and Iron Maiden didn’t exist. But, they do, so it feels there‘s currently a lot of cope going from Stern fans.

Pretty much every pin at London EAG seemed really good. I mean REALLY good…

Jaws is at the level of A:IQ in my opinion, and was almost the worst thing there.

Scooby was there, but I was short on time and had played it at Pinfest, but Looney Tunes wasn’t. Looks good though.

Just updated my post with the other 4 games there
Currently have 6 at our site
We then have plans for another 4 pins spread over 2 other venues in the town as well
Hey David,

I might have to take a little trip from sunny Chelmsford to Yarmouth to flip Spinal Tap and Labyrinth👍
Just checking the venue is open this coming Monday and what time are the opening times (I know this can probably be found online but just want to make sure I have the latest info as it's a bit of a drive🙂)
So tempted by a Labyrinth and this may push me over the edge to make a purchase😁

Jaws is at the level of A:IQ in my opinion, and was almost the worst thing there.

I would say Jaws is alright I played 10 games total 5 pro 5 prem at eag. it has Nice shots but I couldn't understand the game. Just from those games I know jaws isn't a game I need.
I would prefer pf or labyrinth.

High praise, AIQ is quality
Yes, I love A:IQ. Always play one if I see it on location, but the same currently goes for Jaws, PF, Elton John, Labyrinth and Galactic Tank Force. If you’re looking to go NIB, there’s a blessing of choice.

So today I made a 200 mile, 4 and a half hour round trip to sunny Great Yarmouth today especially to play Spinal Tap and Labyrinth.

The verdict:-

Spinal Tap - not as bad as I had heard but not a good game. Very buggy code, music just kinda stops and cuts out in places.
Seemingly random film clip going on I the screen. Photoshopped playfield and pretty clunky shots and the gently raising and lowering guitar as the main toy - not good.
But it's a pinball machine and I guess more pinball is a good.
It will probably be a hard to come by bit of pinball history one day but at the price point Homepin have pitched it at, hard to see them selling many.

Labyrinth - Cab is lovely, if a little brown. Playfield nice but a little dark, could use more spots or something.
Shoots pretty nicely, some tight shots but all makeable.
Screen at back of playfield could be a game changer if used correctly. I'm thinking the way a scene changes on a theatre stage show or a pantomime from say the inside of a castle to a village to a forest etc. It doesn't really do that yet...but could change in later code or in the next Barrels of Fun release maybe.
Overall a good solid game that I really liked but didn't quite fall in love with the way I had hoped, (but for me it at least, it totally shows up most of Sterns recent efforts).
I think any potential buyers will be pretty happy with their purchase and kudos to @David retro for putting one onsite..hope you sell a bucket load of them fella👍

Just incase anyone is interested in the Labyrinth Topper. Install guide here, the Topper looks amazing.

Back
Top Bottom