What's new

JJP3 The Future of Pinball

And rumours that AP will bring fully working Magic Girls and Houdini's and Houdini will be $7k.

But, in reality Batman Premium is a BTDK Pro with a few extras and yet it is double the price:confused::confused::confused:

As above, 'I am out' .

I think it looks fecking excellent! Exactly the sort of thing I wanted to see and really can't wait to play it. Go Pat go!

I think it's a good game - the future of pinball eh no.

The prices are nuts - there was a gasp when they were stated. By the Tim this gets to,the U.K. and you add VAT etc..?

£9.5k for LE

£13k for CE

:eek:

What does the collector's edition have that the LE doesn't?

Last edited:
Was a little underwhelmed last night. Mainly I think because I was expecting something amazing and revolutionary - and nothing like that happened (flip with your phone? But why?) I'm coming around a bit now that I've seen a few gameplay videos, it does look fun

But at those kind of prices.. and with the exchange rate crumbling...? So much for the reasoning that non-licenced games would be cheaper :(

I think it looks pretty good. Certainly looks like a fun game. Bit of a throw back to the glory days of 90's pinball.

But **** me! The price is insane. :eek: That is surely going to put most people off. Why so expensive? They are really pushing the market here I feel. Not just them of course. But ****ing hell. :eek::eek:

the feeling I got from JJP is that they care more about operators than end users... came across very strongly in the launch.

Looks excellent, I think it's great that they've gone with a nonlicenced theme and hope that it's a success and leads to more titles like that- not sure what some of the negativity early on in this thread was about, especially the stuff pre-judging it before it was even revealed.

Do the new price increases apply to US customers as well, or is it just a product of the exceptionally weak pound at the moment making it expensive over here?

the feeling I got from JJP is that they care more about operators than end users... came across very strongly in the launch.
Their pricing would indicate otherwise. Take a lot of quarters to get your money back on one of these.

the feeling I got from JJP is that they care more about operators than end users

No operator in their right mind is going to drop nearly 10 large on an unlicensed pin to be routed. There's no recognisable theme to draw in the casual player and it would never make it's money back in any sort of acceptable time frame :tut:

I like the look of it and it appears to be fast and looks to flow well.

I do agree that the mobile phone will look dated in a few years, but hey then it will have a retro feel, a little like the graphics and art work have at the moment.

Like its been said its an Earthshaker rolled into sim city with a splash of ripleys and other Pat games, so how can you go wrong?

The price maybe? Well $ to £ pretty much forked that, the collectors is simply too much! hell for ½ of the difference from that to the LE you can get another machine or even ½ of another new one!

LE for me I think but I don't want an early one so I'll take it late 2018!

So they spent more than half of the time taking about the operator pro themes... maintenance - resell etc etc. I tend to agree though nobody will recognise it so hard to see how they will buy it.

Phil has pricing on pinball heaven form an orderly queue :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of 24, dont really know why, maybe its the building on the left

Saying that it looks pretty decent, would love a game on it to see what it plays like..

Yes mate. They are ****ing expensive State-side too. :eek::eek:

Just looked on JJP website, it says $9k for Dialled In LE, $8.5k for Hobbit LE, so not that far apart. Unless I'm missing something, like they changed the definition of what 'LE' means between those two models like Stern have recently?

Any possibility the new high price is due to the new investors wanting to make sure they get a decent return on their investment?

Of course it could well do the exact opposite but it's just one reason I can think of why the price might have gone through the roof. That and they're hoping Pat Lawlors name will claw in some sales.

DIALED IN LE is $500 more than THE HOBBIT LE but the latter is a bigger widebody, right? What does DILE have that THLE doesn't? It can't be the camera and Bluetooth. Those things are super cheap.

Reactions: JT.
DIALED IN LE is $500 more than THE HOBBIT LE but the latter is a bigger widebody, right? What does DILE have that THLE doesn't? It can't be the camera and Bluetooth. Those things are super cheap.
I guess $500 is explainable pretty easily - inflation, and new investors demanding certain profitability levels - presumably the fact that Jack needed extra investment implies, amongst a lot of other things, that the product was not priced consummately with what it cost to manufacture/deliver/market/etc, and that some sort of price correction was inevitable to remain afloat/make it worth while doing business.

And no need to pay for licence, or any hassle with negotiating IP usage etc etc

I would guess that Pat is taking a good slice of that price hike. Didn't he used to run as an independent contractor whilst developing the Stern tables?

So I played the game and I have to say I think it's a good game - potentially great when finished - it flows well there are a lot of good feeling shots - the selfie feature is hilarious and the opportunity for some cool rules is huge. I think hold off any views until 1: it's completely finished and 2: we've played it! But it's easily the best JJP game by a freaking mile - posted the game I played on Facebook live streaming!

And no need to pay for licence, or any hassle with negotiating IP usage etc etc

I would guess that Pat is taking a good slice of that price hike. Didn't he used to run as an independent contractor whilst developing the Stern tables?

I think he's probably an independent contractor for JJP as there's a PLD logo on the Dialed In backglass.

So I played the game and I have to say I think it's a good game - potentially great when finished - it flows well there are a lot of good feeling shots - the selfie feature is hilarious and the opportunity for some cool rules is huge. I think hold off any views until 1: it's completely finished and 2: we've played it! But it's easily the best JJP game by a freaking mile - posted the game I played on Facebook live streaming!

Theres a lot of you on Facebook Neil, can you link please?

Back
Top Bottom