What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP3 The Future of Pinball

I'd still like to see a Safecracker style game that makes good use of that big back box screen. Throw in a Rudy-type game 'host' and I'll be happy.

There's supposed to be a companion mobile app which features heavily, and the machine is supposedly called Killer App with the app called Dialled in . Had heard all that before, but someone said the "Killer App" thing on a stream last night, which I was previously unaware of. Also supposed to be narrow body.

Massive amount of complete speculation coming up. This is more of a 'wouldn't it be cool' list rather than anything I've heard... If this *isn't* what JJP are doing, then I'd love to see someone (@Heighway Pinball) do something like this:

So you download an app onto your phone, and it gives you a unique (short) code.
When you're playing Lawlor's new game it asks you to type in your code (optional of course)
Then it records stats of your games to the phone app (uploading info over the internet so your app can retrieve it over internet)
This could be loads of mundane stuff, like number of spinner hits, ramps made, ball time, whatever.
Awards 'trophies' for your progress (we see this kind of thing in any modern console game) as an incentive to come back and 'collect them all'
Highscores can be tracked easily. Both your personal best and regional/international league tables
The app can also ping you if you're travelling and there is a game nearby. Show you the highscores/stats on that table
Pure fantasy now, but maybe you could add credit to the app, then play the games on route in a 'cashless' way. JJP could take a slice of money this way too

I'd love something like this.

Well, might be time to review the 'leaked' info that got taken down and see if it was true or not.

Has a robot arm.

4 magnets.

Criss cross ramps.

Lit inserts that move towards player - must stop them.

2 way mirror.

3 flippers.

Moving target centre playfield.

I guess in October we will find out if any of this leaked info was true or not!

Massive amount of complete speculation coming up. This is more of a 'wouldn't it be cool' list rather than anything I've heard... If this *isn't* what JJP are doing, then I'd love to see someone (@Heighway Pinball) do something like this:

So you download an app onto your phone, and it gives you a unique (short) code.
When you're playing Lawlor's new game it asks you to type in your code (optional of course)
Then it records stats of your games to the phone app (uploading info over the internet so your app can retrieve it over internet)
This could be loads of mundane stuff, like number of spinner hits, ramps made, ball time, whatever.
Awards 'trophies' for your progress (we see this kind of thing in any modern console game) as an incentive to come back and 'collect them all'
Highscores can be tracked easily. Both your personal best and regional/international league tables
The app can also ping you if you're travelling and there is a game nearby. Show you the highscores/stats on that table
Pure fantasy now, but maybe you could add credit to the app, then play the games on route in a 'cashless' way. JJP could take a slice of money this way too

I'd love something like this.

I'm no expert but we all know what happened the last time pinball was 'brought into the 21st century' - last time they were fighting the slot machine business. This time they are embracing on the world of apps ?

Personally I have no interest in this. Pinball machines have a magic that slot machines, playstations, xboxes, nintendos and apps do not have.

I'm all for progress but they have a choice - either go to them or get them to come to you.

A pinball machine is a stand alone work of art. Maybe it has to join in to survive but I hope the genre doesn't compromise what makes it unique in the first place.

I know the circumstances were different last time for pinball 2000 but pinball evolution has shown to be a risky business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good news that it's not what was rumoured

A pinball machine that rings your phone would have been a disaster

Feels like we've been here before.

Anyone else remember the rumours about the Hobbit and the under playfield that would be projected onto the LCD? What about the fully interactive Smaug?

"killer app" - WTF? It's like a focus group decided to chuck out some buzz words that they think teenagers would like.

Maybe it'll be an updated version of W?D so they know Matt Adams will by several versions of it.

Can't wait for the next batch of new pinball info (it's been forever).

Alien, JJP3, Next Stern all need to be announced soon.

I hope at least some of the leaked info is true, sounds an interesting playfield. Don't care about internet / phone connections / apps. Just want creative machine, with new toys and concepts.

No way is it a mobile phone theme. I'm still betting my ideas on integration with phone app are close to the mark

And yes Neil, could be WiFi or Bluetooth connection to phone I suppose

i just hope they've kept good focus on ball and flippers!

The downside is that all the manufacturers are stupidly clashing with each other.

So tonight is Alien and JJP
and tomorrow is also JJP and Batman. its pretty crap really, shows how immature this industry really is.

Neil.

At least I understand what a mobile phone actually is.
WTF are: a Game Of Throne, Avenger, X-man, Hobbitt :hmm:

The rumours of a year ago seem to be coming true.
Dialed In, Killer App.
3 flippers.
Robot arm.
Criss Cross ramps.
Narrow body.
2 way mirror.
4 magnets.
The game calls you and tells you what shots to make.
Moving target middle of p/f.
Lit inserts move towards player, have to stop them.

Guess we find out soon if all this is true!

It's possibly called "Deep Dive" going by the hints JJP have been dropping. Hoping for a Jaws-styled theme. I hope there's no mobile phone integration but that pic seems to hint at it.

It's possibly called "Deep Dive" going by the hints JJP have been dropping. Hoping for a Jaws-styled theme. I hope there's no mobile phone integration but that pic seems to hint at it.

I'm pretty sure theme and / or tweaking the machine via app will be in some way mobile related ... but Jack also likes trolling. He occasionally posts 'hints' on Twitter, some of which are legit and some of which are red herrings.

2AM UK is the start of their event. Hope someone's streaming.

I'm hoping it's another good one - I've had a WOZ for a day now and am hooked. My Star Trek sat next to it just seems so poor in comparison - the game play, sounds, quality of toys, LEDs, LCD display, etc, are all light years ahead of the Stern game. It seems clear Jack wanted to create a masterpiece as his first machine, and I think he achieved it. A lot to live up to with current future releases, but hopefully he can keep up the level of excellence, ad do it profitably. I'm hankering after a Hobbit already...

Back
Top Bottom