What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP3 The Future of Pinball

When is it revealed ?

2AM UK

@Neil McRae - if you can, go live a while before the events you want to stream, to make sure it's working. Given how badly organised and last minute things are in pinball, if it's not for enterprising community members, I suspect many of these seminars will be lost to the ether, barring anything Dead Flip does for Stern.

Massive amount of complete speculation coming up. This is more of a 'wouldn't it be cool' list rather than anything I've heard... If this *isn't* what JJP are doing, then I'd love to see someone (@Heighway Pinball) do something like this:

So you download an app onto your phone, and it gives you a unique (short) code.
When you're playing Lawlor's new game it asks you to type in your code (optional of course)
Then it records stats of your games to the phone app (uploading info over the internet so your app can retrieve it over internet)
This could be loads of mundane stuff, like number of spinner hits, ramps made, ball time, whatever.
Awards 'trophies' for your progress (we see this kind of thing in any modern console game) as an incentive to come back and 'collect them all'
Highscores can be tracked easily. Both your personal best and regional/international league tables
The app can also ping you if you're travelling and there is a game nearby. Show you the highscores/stats on that table
Pure fantasy now, but maybe you could add credit to the app, then play the games on route in a 'cashless' way. JJP could take a slice of money this way too

I'd love something like this.
This sounds just like what @myPinballs did for REVENGE FROM MARS: http://mypinballs.com/tournament/

This sounds just like what @myPinballs did for REVENGE FROM MARS: http://mypinballs.com/tournament/

Thanks, i think my concept was a little more basic, but it was the first system to link machines around the world via that there internet i believe! Maybe i should tell JJP that IP is mine! Muh ha ha.

But in all seriousness, i think an original theme with something similar to Bally's Fathom and deep sea discoveries, strange worlds/creatures would be cool :)

Hoping to be streaming ! Will post the link soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tempted to wake up at 2am just for this. There is a photo on pinside of six 'pins'.. but they do look to be an odd shape, even under the covers...
jjp3-covered.jpg

Ok for some bizarre reason YouTube won't work, so I'll stream via face book, search for me Neil McRae face book

Thanks, i think my concept was a little more basic, but it was the first system to link machines around the world via that there internet i believe! Maybe i should tell JJP that IP is mine! Muh ha ha.

But in all seriousness, i think an original theme with something similar to Bally's Fathom and deep sea discoveries, strange worlds/creatures would be cool :)
Conceptually still the same. Only your system hinged on the machines as the unique entities whereas what was suggested earlier revolved around players as the unique entity. That is, high scores and stats are logged against people rather than pins.

Imagine if every pin had this? You be able to play any game anywhere and know if you'd just beaten your own high score, that machines high score or the global high score.

Would be a really interesting system to monitor the playing performance of professional pinballers. Imagine PAPA being able to tell you the scoring strategies of the worlds best players. How their gameplay evolves over time on any given machine. That'd be pretty cool.

And remember I'm an old-school classic solid-state pin-hugger :p

JJP has definitely won the anticipation contest anyway

Batman 66/Aliens/Houdini dropped too early

Yea can't find you on Facebook.
Are you Asian?...........

Try twitch!

Pinside rs saying the jjp reveal is in an hour

They kicked everyone out whilst the set up the room claimed it would be 10 minutes!?

I'm actually watching Neil's feed over JJPs. Great job Neil, superb seat and looks like you have a tripod setup too

Hmm, this is not as revolutionary as I had hoped. Theme may work with kids or something I suppose? Overall first impression, pretty meh..
Will come back in the morning to see the shot layout and stuff - not very clear on the stream

Not that revolutionary but it looks a good game I think the Bluetooth feature is cool but not game changing. Clear the game still has a few kinks to iron out.

Back
Top Bottom