What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

@Den - aka Wolfgang if the ball is getting stuck on the skirt of the right pop bumper this is holding up well for me

If your action button hasn't got a surround I still have 3 left in the last run reasonably priced at £70 (+ £4.50 P&P UK shipping). There would be a week's lead time as they are painted to order by the Rude Dogg.

167138-ae15ba8de72b7f7f0d915a243e691f38.jpg
167142-d10a3678a4c8a7454b67970ece7d880f.jpg
167141-52491f96881c82434f6c861022dc6024.jpg
167139-3c79294b7338458d546443c35b776cd7.jpg

@Den - aka Wolfgang if the ball is getting stuck on the skirt of the right pop bumper this is holding up well for me

Touch wood I don't think I've had that problem. I think yesterday I mightve had an issue with one of the sensors on the Gibson neck? ; locked a ball (or atleast thought I had - can't remember of screen said I had), but then nothing happened; ball search etc etc. Ball was only released once I think it ended the ball in play.
Touch wood, played a few games after and didn't happen again. I'm guessing the ball was just a hair out of place so as not to be recognised by the (opto?) sensor.
As mentioned in an earlier post, after every game, when it's showing a terrible picture of me with Slash, I see the little message in the bottom left (calibrating sensors or something)
When I get time I'm gonna take thr glass off and go in to diagnostics and test all the sensors (I'd imagine if you get a bit of distance or anything on the optos inside/below the guitar neck locks, that could give false reading/interfere or something.

If your action button hasn't got a surround I still have 3 left in the last run reasonably priced at £70 (+ £4.50 P&P UK shipping). There would be a week's lead time as they are painted to order by the Rude Dogg.

View attachment 243812
View attachment 243813
View attachment 243814
View attachment 243815
I have Col's plate on mine; really like it.
Your one looks awesome and am tempted (would love the bullet plunger head too + red robot eye start button), but as I got in on the game towards the top end price wise I think (partly because of the precision flupperkit, flipper coolers and stage mod etc, etc), I'm a bit reluctant to put more cash in to it for fear of loosing money when it comes time to move the game on (another case of would keep it if I could have a room/sged full of games...kind of want a Pulp fiction next)
1000014821.jpg

Last edited:
I managed to get my first 6 ball Power Chord last night netting 4.5m.

Is that common for you folks?
Nice one! - think the most balls I've got up there at a time (eh...) is 3.
On that note, before I had the game I imagined it'd be cool to lock 5 balls up on the headstock, then start a mega MB once you lock the 6th ball (bit like the Godzilla building...), but this never happens for me, as the game constantly needs the other balls for the various other multi-balls and add-a-balls.
Was thinking of seeing if I could change the settings to make the other MB's super hard to get to allow me to lock all the balls on the headstock. Thing is, if my understanding is correct, the balls would only stay up there so long before being released anyway, unless you get them all up there within like 20 seconds pf eachother? (Don't quite understand how to get physically locked balls to stay up there?)

Not as high as that for the powerball but have ended the game at 115 million but Haven’t a clue why 😂😂
Blimey:) haven't even come close to that!
Best I've done is getting encore a few times now on a tune (don't know how I did it though?; thought it would give me until the end of the tune to keep playing, as long as my meter is up?)

This evening I also managed to best the War Games style mode and was close to beating the racing mode (that mode annoyed me before, but can se it's doable now, so don't mind it)

You collect patches by lighting the G-N-R inlane, you also spot the GNR lamps by falling through the hole in the upper playfield. Some times you'll get awarded patches too.
Ah I see:) cheers! Tomorrow I'll have a go on Yesterday - really like hoe each tune has its own colours/show.
I'm tending to just go with whichever tune the game selects for me (very often I'm getting Chinese Democracy tunes) part because of meter and party to try and not just selecting my fave tunes (Estranged being one of them; awesome tune)
Managed to get right near the end of November Rain earlier, but can't remember if I drained or got encore before it was done.

Bear in mind if u manually select tunes rather than play the selected album the score is lower. The albums are selected by hitting the stand ups in the ramp entrances ( I think) to get the really high scores you need good scoring mini multiballs e.g lights, fire, etc and a load of patches, whenever I have scored over 100m the song multiball has contributed at least 80m on completion. All that said I still play a song and think I have done all the above correctly and score bugger all 🤔

Bear in mind if u manually select tunes rather than play the selected album the score is lower. The albums are selected by hitting the stand ups in the ramp entrances ( I think) to get the really high scores you need good scoring mini multiballs e.g lights, fire, etc and a load of patches, whenever I have scored over 100m the song multiball has contributed at least 80m on completion. All that said I still play a song and think I have done all the above correctly and score bugger all 🤔
Yeah that's partly why I stopped choosing songs:)
I know what you mean though; sometimes I think I'm racking up big points in a song, then it turns out I only got a couple of hundred thousand lol

Last edited:
Yes I don’t really see the point in cashing out either
I'm messed with cashing out here and there to help get a couple of songs under my belt so I can play the album modes.
The risk there ofcourse is low scoring and not lighting any extra balls.
Without fail, every time I play I get to say one band member left to collect before I drain, so haven't had the luxury of starting a song on my first ball:) - I'll get there though!
Haven't had mates round to play the game yet, so am interested to see what they think of it compared to what I've had before. Couple of my mates are big G'n'r and slash fans (both own one one of the first run Slash Les Paul's with the Peizo pickup, so will no doubt get boners over the game 🍆...)

Has anyone replaced the io board capacitors on a JJP pin yet? Lots of talk on Pinside about this being a cheap way of making the flippers/slings/magnets more powerful

I changed the settings to play album mode after each song attempt.
More fun., I’ve managed Chinese democracy and Use your illusion I but not the other two thus far.
Oh nice; that's a good call - will do that (will get around to revisting the list of options changes you posted soon)
I've completed C Demo; found it tough to see what was going on; the inserts all cycle through red, white and blue, so have to tume it right?

Has anyone replaced the io board capacitors on a JJP pin yet? Lots of talk on Pinside about this being a cheap way of making the flippers/slings/magnets more powerful
I'm gonna leave mine as is; flippers certainly don't feel underpowered with thr precision flippers my game has, and whilst the slings aren't super powerful (haven't messed with settings), I could do without more sling related side drains:)

Just picked up a GnRLE and only set it up last night. However is there any recommended sound settings for it? Background music is quite quiet but the songs are ok. Is there any way to increase the background music as with Stern machines. Just to add this is my first JJP machine so need to look at the settings in more depth when I have time. Cheers

Just picked up a GnRLE and only set it up last night. However is there any recommended sound settings for it? Background music is quite quiet but the songs are ok. Is there any way to increase the background music as with Stern machines. Just to add this is my first JJP machine so need to look at the settings in more depth when I have time. Cheers
Congrats on getting the game (first JJP game here too) - I'm sure someone else will confirm, but there must be a setting to change the balance between music out and inside songs/modes etc, as when you start a song the volume is boosted by a few db.

The album mods are enabled by the amount of time spent in songs not by number of songs. It's when the album goes two rotations (gold or platinum) I think it may be defaulted to 3mins in song.
Ah I see; interesting! Cheers mate 👍🏻

As a side note, I'm starting to form a plan re; patches (and the way the coder(s) probably intended them to be used). As a very simple example, if you can see on the little screen or wherever that the Tear down the wall is the next mode (or up soon), you'd make sure you've collected the UYI II patch and plan your strategy based around which patches you've collected/are aiming to collect and visa/versa.
Previously, my understanding was that you'd have one patch selected/activated at a time (bit naff), but I realise now that once you've collected a patch it's activated for the rest of the game (I think..)

I'm going to have a go but it's not currently at the top of my pinball to-do list.
Do you or @jonathan notice the difference in the JJP flipper strength compared to say a Stern? I struggled to notice the difference on Wonka and GnR over a modern Stern. I find the flippers in POTC a little bit weaker though so maybe some are better than others, but then again, it could have just been my bad playing on potc earlier rather than the flippers!

Last edited:
Do you or @jonathan notice the difference in the JJP flipper strength compared to say a Stern? I struggled to notice the difference on Wonka and GnR over a modern Stern. I find the flippers in POTC a little bit weaker though so maybe some are better than others.
I don't have any sterns to compare side by side. I can compare system 11 and WPC and I don't notice much to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom