What's new

JJP GNR Pinball

Have you checked the switch , mine is really finicky it’s either real easy and sets off with the pops or needs a hard accurate shot when opened up more
Thanks for the reply.

Yes - I had the glass off and pressed it with a finger. It registers and scores points and also works fine on the lower difficulty settings. But when dialled up to harder the switch still activates but the Y-R-O letters are not awarded.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes - I had the glass off and pressed it with a finger. It registers and scores points and also works fine on the lower difficulty settings. But when dialled up to harder the switch still activates but the Y-R-O letters are not awarded.
Hi just put mine on 3 . it’s the same, won’t register a hit . Strange

Okay I just played a song and now it’s lighting so I guess you have to complete a song to activate it??
Wow - that's pretty tough considering the minor changes ratcheting the other three booster multiballs up cause and it also means you can't get all four boosters before you start your first song.

Thanks for investigating.

@daveyp - what parts are broken on yours?
I do have some parts (as I seem to be the goto repairer for GnR).
Not used any for a while so if you let me know what you need I will go thru my bits.
If I have them you are welcome to them.

Actually, there's not a lot in it.....

==============================================================================
== Version 02.00 September 22, 2023 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: 2f5e0acdf9d7e7412a5e589023b0e94f ==
- note: this is available in a "full" install release only
- note: this incorporates changes from all previous releases

=== Core Code
* updated Linux OS to support newer motherboards
+ added QR Code detection to configure WiFi connection

== Version 01.90 September 22, 2023 ==
- note: this is available in an online update only

=== Game Code
* updated Skill Shot logic
* improved ball search logic
* various bug fixes and tweaks

=== Core Code
* added audio equalizer
* removed Scorbit
* updated the software update installer
* improved sensor calibration
* user can now press ENTER to refresh the Diag/Hardware Info screen
* improvements for taking a picture
* Diag Menu - rearranged some things and added some new sub-menus
* rearranged some things in System Settings to group them together
+ abandon ball search and put up a message when chase ball is OFF
+ add adjustment Coin Door Ball Search Pause, defaults ON. when on, the game
will not attempt a ball search while the coin door is open
+ add adjustment Coin Door Ball Saver, defaults ON. when on, the game will
save any balls in play at the time of opening the coin door
+ collect balls will NOT timeout if chase ball is OFF
+ add adjustment Coin Door Tilt Disable, defaults OFF. when on, the game will
ignore the plumb tilt while the coin door is open

There’s more than that, but if peeps were already on the beta code they probably won’t notice much.
I wasn’t - not dug too deep yet but equalizer already much appreciated. Sounding gooood. Some of the song light shows are even more spectacular, and that’s saying something!
I just think it needs a bit of score balancing now really, make the album modes a bit more rewarding early on and make Slash Solo stackable/worth risking and I’ll be a happy boy.

Never been bothered by the flippers - yet I’d still love to try this. Pinball logic 🤣

I honestly think this is all pie in the sky. I’ve never EVER had problems with JJP flippers.

Quite happy with the what I have on my GnR.

Placebo effect?
Did u manage to play Elton at EAG?
Would be great for a comparison…
400 USD + shipping + duties makes them pricey.
They would def have to be real snappy to justify the cost.

I honestly think this is all pie in the sky. I’ve never EVER had problems with JJP flippers.

Quite happy with the what I have on my GnR.

Placebo effect?
I don't get it either, I move between my B/W games and GnR and can't say I have ever noticed.

When Kaneda discussed the flippers on Elton John with Jack he said "In any of our games you could have increased the flipper strength and be where you are now".

His response to "Can you make GnR feel like Elton John" he said "Yeh, just change the settings".

I don't think he was being entirely truthful if there is new hardware in Elton John.

When Kaneda discussed the flippers on Elton John with Jack he said "In any of our games you could have increased the flipper strength and be where you are now".

His response to "Can you make GnR feel like Elton John" he said "Yeh, just change the settings".

I don't think he was being entirely truthful if there is new hardware in Elton John.
He can’t afford to be truthful … people would be screaming that they want free hardware upgrades so their older game could play as it was intended

I played Elton a few times. Loved it. Still don’t feel any difference in flippers.

Like I say, placebo effect.

If you sneakily put the same mechs in a Stern I bet some would say they’re better and “snappier”

the sound on Elton is so much better. That’s deffo not placebo 🤣

Jack recommended the bass boost on GnR. Made very little difference. Deffo cheap tinny speakers.

Back
Top Bottom