What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

Let's be fair. Stern have come out with some decent games, some absolute stinkers and some slow burners.

It's a tough ask for this to be better than Godzilla but I think I'll enjoy playing it based on what I've seen so far.

Due to the ridiculous expense of having to reroof our house I've been out of the pinball game for a while. At this point I'd probably enjoy shooting Star Galaxy.

Just catching up. Game looks excellent to me. Not sure about putting on 3D glasses during a game then taking them off but hopefully someone can change that to a 3D Piranha clip with Kelly Brook and her full assets bouncing out of the screen.

Original trailer was a tease not showing Brody when they had fully movie clips - intentional.

Elwin pretty much explains the whole game on ball 1. That's why he's the GOAT.

We're gonna need a bigger Cum Bucket!

Now we know the pop up Shark doesnt eat or spit out the ball , I'm warming more to the Pro as the "one flipper mini playfields" do nothing for me but slow the flow down. And the Pro artwork is better. White powdercoat and side blades , job done.

Spent a fortune on a 3D Samsung TV several years ago.
Half way through my maiden viewing of Avatar 3D, took a migraine and spewed my ring up.
Money well spent🙄
The glasses got binned shortly after..

Avatar in 3D is amazing! Shame you can't handle it. Some movies are really well done. Gutted they've dropped 3D from TV's now.

I'm warming more to the Pro as the "one flipper mini playfields" do nothing for me but slow the flow down.
I've got to admit to being slightly skeptical about that upper playfield. Keith Elwin says he tends not to like them as the ball isn't under threat (this is why Black Hole's lower playfield is such a work of genius), so he wanted the ball to go in and out as quickly as possible. What's been shown on screen so far is an upper playfield that doesn't really interact too much with the ball :(

Watched the video again 5 times today and still cannot find the wow factor on this, it's still felling a bit lacking to me so far. Usually something sticks out as super cool on the right pin but I can't see it on this so far.

Look forward to seeing more on Friday hopefully get to see a Pro, also hoping for direct captured audio.

From an Elwin flow point of view I like the entrance and returns on the upper playfield, I like the figure of 8 on the fishing reel, and that middle/left ramp return is cool.

Still not wowed, that MF shark should have come up from the playfield in various places. The one Mick on a stick fin is lame.

I liked the rope knot modes, thought that was cool.

The video mode looks cool as well, but the 3D is a gimmick, I understand why they've done it as the EM would have had a 3D diarama.

I think I prefer Bond with the giant wang.

Fish Finder... Feeding Frenzy... Cast Again.... isnt this just a Fish Tales remake :D

Think we were spoiled with all the gizmo's on Godzilla - collapsing building, animated bridge, rotating spinner/standups, cool bash toy... nothing really new and exciting on Jaws is there?

Shame - as there is so much scope with this theme... A slowly sinking Orca would have been exciting and cool... really sad there isn't a shark cage to be seen... how come there's a crossbow in TWD... but no Harpoon in Jaws... my expectations are obviously very high!

Last edited:
Avatar in 3D is amazing! Shame you can't handle it. Some movies are really well done. Gutted they've dropped 3D from TV's now.
Totally agree on Avatar. I'm a big fan of 3D, but understand it doesn't agree with everyone. Also some films are better done than others.

Although 3D has gone from TVs, many (but not all) modern projectors still support 3D, so it hasn't died completely, and in some ways, using it with a projector can be an improvement due to the larger screen size. Recently watching "Avatar The Way of Water" on a 110 inch screen in 3D was great, even on a 5 year old projector which was under £700 when new.

Totally agree on Avatar. I'm a big fan of 3D, but understand it doesn't agree with everyone. Also some films are better done than others.

Although 3D has gone from TVs, many (but not all) modern projectors still support 3D, so it hasn't died completely, and in some ways, using it with a projector can be an improvement due to the larger screen size. Recently watching "Avatar The Way of Water" on a 110 inch screen in 3D was great, even on a 5 year old projector which was under £700 when new.

Yeah I guess I'll have to go the projector route if I ever get a cinema room back. Dredd was also very well done in 3D

I think people's opinions will change for the better when they play this game.

Typical Elwin, but different enough from his other games.

That said, if you don't like Jaws or fishing in general, it's probably not for you!

Shame that there are no drop targets on the pro, as not really bothered about the other missing stuff.

"Still not wowed, that MF shark should have come up from the playfield in various places. The one Mick on a stick fin is lame"

Shark "trolls" and a big one for Bruce aka Brain Bug in Troopers!

Been looking at doing a little resin cast sculpt for a while and one of the comments on the pinside thread inspired me to make this haha. Hopefully brings a bit of joy into this.

I'll definitely be waiting to see the Friday night stream for the game as there were quite a lot of bits seemingly cut out from the Elwins gameplay footage.

Gary_OG.jpg
Great_White_pop_Bumper.jpgGary_Substance_Paintover_01.jpg

I realise my two mods for Jaws were focused on the Premium and LE models.

Therefore i would like to exclusively reveal here my first mod for the Pro version.

The kit will come in two versions. Base version just provides the replacement sculpted mould for Jaws. If you take the upgrade kit it will making it fully moving (and probably talking too). However some modification to the bottom of the cabinet may be necessary.

Attachments

• af78a20b568942ae0685605e0628fb0f.jpg
    af78a20b568942ae0685605e0628fb0f.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 17
  • OIP.jpeg
    OIP.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 17
Man I was 12 again in my bedroom.

View attachment 241626

Good old days, don't shoot otherwise you ruin the tune. That and shadow of the beast II were hard as nails.

I won't be rushing out to play Jaws but it looks like a decent job with proper assets. It would be bad if you didn't have Quint in there but just by quick glance they have it all.

Back
Top Bottom