What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

This made me laugh out loud at the voice recording bit

Cary not everyone’s cup of tea but I actually enjoy his content. His breakdown and his analysis not only point out the obvious but pick up on stuff I’ve missed many times.
The icing on his cake is the sarcasm and I bet he is only saying out loud what many at stern would love to say.

Last edited:
That is a brutal watch, barely made it past ten minutes and why was Don dressed up as Kaneda? 😂
The bit that resonated with me was the hype discussion. Everyone has expected this to be the Godzilla Killer in their minds and it's been shown off and it clearly isn't which is why most people are disappointed.

I'm still seeing a ball trap on the Prem/LE when the boat lowers that at minimum will require a ball search to clear?

View attachment 240971
Spotted these comments on Pinside from someone who has played it at a show.

"The only hiccup I had was I accidently shot the ball into Jaws' mouth as it was closing and I had to wait for the ball find for it to spit it out. I think this will be a common occurrence during gameplay for me."

"How did it get spit out? Did it just roll out when the shark came up or did it actually have some mech to push it out when it gets stuck?"

"It actually didn't. It had to go through the ball find twice before I decided to throw a hip into it to jiggle it out."

Spotted these comments on Pinside from someone who has played it at a show.

"The only hiccup I had was I accidently shot the ball into Jaws' mouth as it was closing and I had to wait for the ball find for it to spit it out. I think this will be a common occurrence during gameplay for me."

"How did it get spit out? Did it just roll out when the shark came up or did it actually have some mech to push it out when it gets stuck?"

"It actually didn't. It had to go through the ball find twice before I decided to throw a hip into it to jiggle it out."
Wow just wow.

I'm sure it's a good game, maybe a great game but the more I watch about it the more I think I'll just wait until I can play it and then decide. FF I watched both the LE and pro gameplay streams and they got me excited enough for me to order, maybe the gameplay stream on Friday will get me more hyped for Jaws but atm FOMO lost for me on this one.

This is on pinside, not sure if it's been linked here yet, from someone who played it at CES

I'm sure it's a good game, maybe a great game but the more I watch about it the more I think I'll just wait until I can play it and then decide. FF I watched both the LE and pro gameplay streams and they got me excited enough for me to order, maybe the gameplay stream on Friday will get me more hyped for Jaws but atm FOMO lost for me on this one.

This is on pinside, not sure if it's been linked here yet, from someone who played it at CES
Just noticed the first guy he's filming on the Premium, the out lane ball saving gate isn't one way it can exit reversing in the right inlane... is that right or just harsh design ?? 8:30 on the video

Last edited:
Reactions: Jib
Just noticed the first guy he's filming on the Premium, the out lane ball saving gate isn't one way it can exit reversing in the right inlane... is that right or just harsh design ?? 8:30 on the video

😂 good spot I hadn't noticed that but I think it is a one way gate and it's just one of those pinball moments that happens sometimes. If you look at it frame by frame you can see he actually hits the ball as it's coming down, right on the tip of the left flipper and hits it through the gate, it's not rolled slowly back up from the right flipper. Just a fluke I think
1704888865750.png

If you look at it frame by frame you can see he actually hits the ball as it's coming down, right on the tip of the left flipper and hits it through the gate, it's not rolled slowly back up from the right flipper. Just a fluke I think
It just caught my eye as looking odd as I stared at the TV so had to rewind it, hope it is fluke and not just a brutal Elwin decision 😂

😂 good spot I hadn't noticed that but I think it is a one way gate and it's just one of those pinball moments that happens sometimes. If you look at it frame by frame you can see he actually hits the ball as it's coming down, right on the tip of the left flipper and hits it through the gate, it's not rolled slowly back up from the right flipper. Just a fluke I think
View attachment 241710

This happens on older games with gates like that. Centaur and Viking for example.

Testing the water (see what I did there) on some new Art Blades for Jaws.

Let me know if you're interested. Projecting costs at about £100 delivered. These would be printed in Thick Matte Laminate Vinyl.

Jaws Side Art Blades CR.jpg

Neil is over at CES and just played Jaws

Said the shots are superb and typically Elwin but said code is super early version

Looking forward to shooting it at EAG next week, hoping there is a sneaky code upload between now and then cause Jack is due to stream it

I think Jaws code me a lot like Bond early code was rough but then got really fine tuned.

Back
Top Bottom