What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

Anybody who pays 14k for this needs their head examined.
14k? And the rest 15-16k for the LE.

However for that money you are now getting lit speakers and the stern accessories shooter from factory 😂

What's the likely cost difference on the parts they can remove from the LE to the Premium ( art blades, speaker lights, shaker, invisiglass etc ) ?

Can't imagine what the premium and pro art package will be if they don't have anything on the LE.

@Doggard pointed out the zen pinball jaws also has a shark fin in a curved track.

Also a spinning thing which makes a fishing reel sound.
I suppose there's only so much you can do with a theme?
Screenshot_20240103_092713_YouTube.jpg

Given there seems to be very little interest in buying a Foo Fighter LE second hand anyone going all in for a LE better hope it’s a keeper. You need very deep pockets.
I'm sure there's some interest, but also more pragmatism than in previous years. These new and nearly new games are simply too expensive for most - or perhaps not good enough value.

Given there seems to be very little interest in buying a Foo Fighter LE second hand anyone going all in for a LE better hope it’s a keeper. You need very deep pockets.
This is why I won't be buying nib anymore.
Take my 007, I'd lose 1k on buying and with sterns love of price increases I'd have to put another 1.5k to it to buy again. Just not sustainable. Go e are te days of buying and just losing 500 quid to buy another nib.

LEs are a big risk after Covid, Godzilla likely being the only exception to that rule now.

Lighted speakers and a shooter rod now included on LE shows Stern are aware the markets changed but clearly still a little over confident if they think those two upgrades will sway people.

This is why I won't be buying nib anymore.
Take my 007, I'd lose 1k on buying and with sterns love of price increases I'd have to put another 1.5k to it to buy again. Just not sustainable. Go e are te days of buying and just losing 500 quid to buy another nib.
Into s/hand car territory now, buy an LE and potentially lose 30% out of the door.

Stern vs either one of these home brew conversions?

I reckon that the Pro wont have the Chum line moving drop target, from the video it looks like the whole section is a drop in part on the playfield and not built in so will just have a blank on the Pro, a bit like the pointless scuba diver under the playfield on Bond.

Stern vs either one of these home brew conversions?
Top one looks a work of art.

I don’t think the uk allocation of circa 15 le’s will sell at £16k maybe 6/7 get sold at that price to people who collect and keep or others where a £5k loss is acceptable

I reckon that the Pro wont have the Chum line moving drop target, from the video it looks like the whole section is a drop in part on the playfield and not built in so will just have a blank on the Pro, a bit like the pointless scuba diver under the playfield on Bond.

Well that will look ugly as hell.

I'm out of LE buying after Bond

6k increase over 4 years is unacceptable

Jaws looks meh atm to me, happy to be wrong when i play it in a week or so

No doubt it will shoot well, it’s Elwin after all, seems he has been a little restricted by the licensor - some of the same music/SFX and a couple of features pulled right from the Zen JAWS game.

I remember some of the earliest rumours from those that are usually correct on these things, even K man got leaked the same rumours months ago and mentioned them, an upper “orca” playfield that tilted with the jaws mech underneath it, pop bumper that raised like circus volitare - maybe Stern wanted to keep the BOM lower due to the changed market?? 🤷‍♂️

14k? And the rest 15-16k for the LE.

However for that money you are now getting lit speakers and the stern accessories shooter from factory 😂
I remember buying an X-Men LE NIB for around 6k.

Another 10k now for a LCD screen.

Not even sure if I won the lottery, I would buy at these prices.

Back
Top Bottom