What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

I'm amazed Jaws can't swallow the ball, seems a totally missed opportunity.

I wonder if we're missing something and it spits the ball out or there is some other feature yet to be revealed.

At the moment I'm more likely to go with Looney Tunes or Chainsaw but really hoping Stern pull something out of the bag with the official reveal.

Watched a higher quality video. Starting to like the look of this now I think. Looks like could be some nice lighting on the shark fin stand up target area, hopefully the target moves up and down and left to right quickly.

Though where is the physical ball lock ?

Looking forward to more reveals as must be more stuff that may come as a big surprise hopefully.

I reckon it will come good when we see gameplay.
The cab art does look foil and the translite looks 3D affect. Looking forward to the other model reveals but wont be surprised if similar to LE art.

I don’t think it’s gonna go down well if it’s got little going on with code / LCD…..akin to Bond release.

The area with the moving fin target is unusual, why would it need four screws and what looks like a separate piece from the playfield, mick on a stick didn't need it.

Yes appears there is some colour changing going on under the Chum Line area with the Shark Fin target, even when you don't hit the target, you can see some moving effects.

Actually the whole upper area appears to be given a transparent look. Be really cool if you hunt the shark around that area and you get the effect of it swimming under the playfield, turning red showing you have did some damage to it, eventually comes up from under the boat.

The area with the moving fin target is unusual, why would it need four screws and what looks like a separate piece from the playfield, mick on a stick didn't need it.
Someone on Pinside said it was a drop in piece, there are Pro pictures going round but no idea who has seen those yet.

I really like the look of it, like the colour theme but not a chance In hell I’d buy one but if anyone in Bristol gets one let me have game :D

Can we rename this thread "jaws-by-stern… we’re going to need a bigger bank balance"???
If no one buys we won’t need a bigger bank balance, lighted speakers and a shooter rod are Sterns LE extras instead of lowering prices.

If no one buys prices will have to come down somewhat or they will need to actually put real additional value in to their games. Spookys latest two looked far more packed and varied than this.

From what we’ve seen I’m sure it’ll be a good pin and I look forward to playing one on location, but it doesn’t excite me nearly enough to be tempted to buy NIB. But then again, I’m not sure anything would at current prices!

I held off putting down a deposit on a NIB pin to see if Jaws was any good. First impressions ain't good for me. I see the LE playfield as being a tad bare - what we have come to expect of a Pro. This was a Labyrinth vs Jaws decision for me and as much as I'll reserve judgement until I see the gameplay, at the min, Jaws doesn't look good to me. Gameplay will possibly (hopefully) redeem it.

I do not think anyone expects to get back what they paid or more when selling up, it is more to do with the gap between selling and buying now thats the issue.

Speaking of Sterns for a long time now you could own a game and maybe loose 500-1000 tops, you could sell and put another 1000-1500 up and get the next NIB release.

Now where the prices are at today, you are looking at loosing several thousands and then having to put several thousands more in on top of that lose, to get the next release, it is just harder to maintain now.

Look at those Foo LEs, what where they new £15.5k? In this current market they are not selling at £11k thats already a £4.5k hit, then to get the next LE release (yes they could buy a pro or premium, let's just say for the hell of it they are an LE sucker) they would need to put the same again into it and thats if you manage to sell at £11-12k.
It is simply the end of Pinflation mate.

Been due a long time.

I would poke a guess that if you are considering paying out over £16K on a Stern LE you are not skint and probably can afford a loss when you sell something.

^^^ the shark mouth is quite big, I reckon the ball can go in there as it’s going back down

It does look big enough for that.
It reminds me of Red on Road Show, there's no reason in any mode to put a ball in her mouth but they coded it incase you did, which happens every 1 in 100 games, a little Easter egg.
I doubt Stern would add such a thing though, I think the days of adding coils and switches just incase is gone 😉

Jaws LE still available to pre-order on PH.. Seems like FOMO and minted collectors hasn't kicked in yet and used up the allocation..

Oh my god......

What is happening?? This is not a good start to 2024 is it.. I just hope this is some sort of **** take to mess with all the 'leakers' from stern...

Where is the Mayor?

Also if thats's the le then the pro is going to be 1 blank piece of mdf...

I'm getting a sopranos feel here for some weird reason , which i dont quite understand other than that was a massive let down to

Feels like we are heading back to iron man/avatar land, but then iron man was a great game in the end (got murdered when it first got released..) so possibly the ruleset here will be A-list and we don't need lots of toys etc etc.

But that Art man..... urghhhhhhhh

Last edited:
I can almost cope with Brody being omitted …but Larry too?
Pinside defence babes saying Brody not in it cause you, as the player are Brody!
Alrighhhhtttyyy then 😂

P:s —- if the movie assets on LCD are all there then I guess that’s a 🏆

Funny thing is Sopranos is also the first thing that entered my mind when I saw that boat in the middle of the playfield. Can’t unsee it now 😂

Back
Top Bottom