What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haggis next game 8 ball deluxe? No it's actually centaur 🤣

I read Orblivion as Orblnion on their Flyer/Whatever it is on their website, the topper looks awful and unnecessary on both models. @AlanJ is right, the colour one looks odd and they both look too busy.

Price is ridiculous, I can’t believe they’ll sell any. @Pop Bumper Pete what’s the reaction in Aus?

The oblivion version has a coloured playfield - it looks awful. The whole idea of centaur is black, white and red. reminds me of that awful coloured Centaur CPR playfield that nobody bought.

The other version also looks odd, and it's because of the orange plastic protectors - remove that and it will look a lot better.
I understood 2 editions of 250 each. Priced at 15k and 25k, free delivery in Oz! I have photos somewhere, will look for them later.

I watched the 2 1/2-minute trailer and they somehow couldn't make it exciting 🤯 It didn't even show the multiball, unless I was missing something.

Waaaaayyyyy to expensive. No idea why I wouldn't go for an original.

At 300 units they'll sell them easily enough. It will be a rare collectors item.

There will be plenty who are willing to wait for years to receive them too. In production terms I think that game was probably the smart choice.

Waaaaayyyyy to expensive. No idea why I wouldn't go for an original.

As you said in this very thread - some folk don’t want the maintenance / old machine hassles .

The expense aside - that’s NIB pinball these days - I’m not wild on what they have done here. The lighting effects look garish and out of place , the toppers are naff, and that 2.0 music is horrible 😬

As you said in this very thread - some folk don’t want the maintenance / old machine hassles .

The expense aside - that’s NIB pinball these days - I’m not wild on what they have done here. The lighting effects look garish and out of place , the toppers are naff, and that 2.0 music is horrible 😬
Yeah, it looks like rainbow puke. Genuinely, it’s like they’ve gone “how do we make this look modern?” “I know, add RGB lighting, a Stern-like topper and some neon plastic protectors” 🤮

I guess they’re targeting the wealthy nostalgia market and they think that’s ~300 people 🤷‍♂️

The problem, as an actual pin, is that it’s competing with Pulp Fiction, for starters, and then stuff like Super Hoop (which is really good). And Super Hoop is a lot cheaper.

It's good for pinball generally, and opens up the beauty of 80's pins to a wider audience. It's the obvious choice from the Classic Bally Line up, more preferable than Fathom IMHO.
Eight Ball Deluxe in a couple of years? Followed by what:? So many good titles to choose from. Flash Gordon, Fireball II?

I can see them selling out immediately especially the CE or whatever they call it.
Not for me but being honest no pin is worth waiting 2 years for just look at CCr the FOMO has long gone and quite a few have jumped ship.
Sadly only Stern can produce games fast enough to cope with demand and the likes of CGC are missing a trick or simply don’t care due to sitting on all that deposit money.
I’d love to know how many CCr deposits they took worldwide! A small fortune I bet.

Too much I could say, but other than the weird orange plastic protectors which ruin the aesthetic they can't even get the flipper alignment right.

Screenshot_20230705_092551_Facebook.jpg

They're far too high, it should be a straight line through the ball guides to the tip of the flipper (going by the original alignment holes and other Bally's of this era). Even in the video you can see the ball hop from the guides to the flipper

I know you can change it but it shows their priorities and lack of attention.

Here's how they should be (I'm ready to proven wrong!
20230407_004210.jpg20230412_151030.jpg

Last edited:
It’s like the CGC remakes, most of us moaned about them including me but they are actually very good and more reliable.
If I had money to burn I would get one.

Think he said they will start shipping January ’24, they must have sorted production then.

Its not for me, but it looks good, RGB lighting is a little overdone, but they need to add enough stuff to warrant buying this over an original.
Toppers a bit crap but at least its not a 1k add on

Centaur is my favourite game but I'll stick with my original which lve had for 36 years

Curve ball but design a modern game with ramps with under playfield release BOTH sides and Centaur inspired artwork and a screen. Think BK SOR

Call it Centaurs Revenge

Get Rammstein to do the soundtrack

Job done

Woken up a little...

The GI could be a lot better too! Cool white or sunlight really works with Centaur and immediately modernises it. They've gone with a weird yellowy orange? Maybe to emulate incandescents?
Or are they colour changing?
Make your mind up Haggis😄

At least @Silverpaolo can get a Centaur now and stop bumping his thread😉

Agreed - the coloured version of the playfield just dont work imho.
(Cant say im sold on the topper either)

Too much I could say, but other than the weird orange plastic protectors which ruin the aesthetic they can't even get the flipper alignment right.

View attachment 224229

They're far too high, it should be a straight line through the ball guides to the tip of the flipper (going by the original alignment holes and other Bally's of this era). Even in the video you can see the ball hop from the guides to the flipper

I know you can change it but it shows their priorities and lack of attention.

Here's how they should be (I'm ready to proven wrong!
View attachment 224231View attachment 224232

Flipper alignment was the first thing that I thought too, that's crazy wrong

I still don't understand how they managed to F**k up the coin door design like they have,at least the one on pulp fiction is square,the curved edges just look wrong for a bally 80's pin

I instinctively want to support pinball in all its forms.

But these guys have taken a truly iconic pinball machine and defiled it. Centaur is the black and white, the voice, the echo that reverberated around the arcades in the early 80s and was one of THE iconic sounds back in the day.

You could get a properly and lovingly renovated original for less. Boards, playfields, backglasses, drops, pops, stencils ..... all been made available in recent years. Only the sound chip is a worry but you could get your hands on one if you really needed to - strip it out of a lesser title or pay the ebay price.

I'd be curious to know who buys these things and their rationale for not buying an original.

I can only imagine there is a perception that new is better/ less maintenance. I'd put my money on my Centaur having better longevity than these Katie Price editions.

Rambling GrizZ StOrY AlErT 😁

Turned out my first experience of pinball was Centaur in the early 80s. Def the first pinball machine I remember playing.
It lurked in a dark corner of our local arcade - I was a video game kid , spending my dinner money on the arcade after school and didn’t really understand pinball at that time. The Centaur was quite intimidating and It was mostly played by older scary looking types 😄 I occasionally would drop a coin or 2 into it when the metal heads weren’t about and be utterly baffled but intrigued by what was going on . I then scuttled back off to play Gorf or whatever.
It stuck in my head though and I distinctly remembered the artwork and the whole Queens Chamber in line drops part, and when I really got into pinball years later and the internet allowed I searched around to find out what was that strange , scary game from my youth . It was Centaur.
Never owned one but did have loan of Andy N’s one for about 6 months 👌

Back
Top Bottom