What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haggis next game 8 ball deluxe? No it's actually centaur 🤣

Centaur is of course superb but this is the equivalent of tribute bands. Expensive ones at that. Would much rather be seeing new titles , but totally understand why Haggis would go down this road .
There are a lot of people who are into vintage pins, but don’t like the maintenance and upkeep headaches.

Once refurbed, they are very solid - less to go wrong compared to DMD/LCD games
Well, I’m hoping so because I’m refurbishing the Alien Poker :)

I don’t mind, I’m just saying there’s definitely a market.

And I might take a Haggis remake if I had the space and they could get them out to customers (although, realistically, I’d just get a decent original). They do feel very pricy, though, for what you get.

Couldn't really justify a Fathom as I have the original. Could be down for a Centaur but too expensive if Fathom is anything to go by.

Once refurbed, they are very solid - less to go wrong compared to DMD/LCD games
True, but it isn't just about maintenance.

An original Centaur is nearly 1/2 a century old. Without an amazing restore it just isn't going to have the shine of a NIB, and some people want immaculate.

True, but it isn't just about maintenance.

An original Centaur is nearly 1/2 a century old. Without an amazing restore it just isn't going to have the shine of a NIB, and some people want immaculate.
you want to see my centaur. it’s better than. it was new. it was restored to a ridiculously high std by the prev owner

you want to see my centaur. it’s better than. it was new. it was restored to a ridiculously high std by the prev owner
Yeah I saw that come up for sale straight away and nearly went for it, I must have been hungover!

One of the best restores I have seen😎

Was a bargain when you think about what went into it, that over a remake any day. Proper playfield and coin door too.

Well, you're kind of agreeing with me. "Restored to a ridiculously high standard," and they're for sale all over the place.

Just listened to the teaser- are they going manufacture both 8 ball and Centaur? Haven’t seen any Fathom Revisited so assuming not many made it to UK yet. Confused given the documented issues they’ve had with upscaled manufacturing

This thread is twisting my melons 🍉 man…
As we are all still waiting for fathom revisted orders to be sorted…….
Although I have to say any classic re manufacturing with new rules and modern tech is awesome…classic games are the future:………..👊🏼
I like the idea of a modern rule set but Jezzus- the Aussie call-outs don’t fit the theme so well. Appreciate it was coded during a pandemic but still

This thread is twisting my melons 🍉 man…
As we are all still waiting for fathom revisted orders to be sorted…….
Although I have to say any classic re manufacturing with new rules and modern tech is awesome…classic games are the future:………..👊🏼
Yeah, it's weird. Dealing with boutique companies on pre-purchase models, and not heeding the warning signs, defies common sense, It's almost as if Heighway, SKIT-B, JPOP and others never happened. Any argument that it's not slightly mental to go along with this model, with these huge red flags, would almost certainly have been used for all the other cases where people lost combined hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Original code is as is but the new code uses a voice actor who sounds like Toadie from Neighbours 🦘
It's Martin Robbins isn't it, from Final Round Pinball Podcast? So not a voice actor, just someone who works for them. It sounds completely out of place.

Last edited:
It's Martin Robbins isn't it, from Final Round Pinball Podcast? So not a voice actor, just someone who works for them. It sounds completely out of place.
It’s actually not Martin but because Martin provided the voice direction - it ended up sounding just like him 🤦‍♂️

Beast edition $15,000 AUD
Orblivion edition $25,000 AUD

(For reference, a Stern Premium is $15,500 AUD)

With 300 max produced, will be rarer than original. Perhaps a realistic reflection of what's possible to produce. Nice idea, good luck Haggis. Not for me at the price point.

The oblivion version has a coloured playfield - it looks awful. The whole idea of centaur is black, white and red. reminds me of that awful coloured Centaur CPR playfield that nobody bought.

The other version also looks odd, and it's because of the orange plastic protectors - remove that and it will look a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom