What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Firepower Shop Log

I think it is a bracket to stop the backbox folding. My blackout has one. The metal plate slides under another lip to prevent the back box falling down.

More nice work there Dogg.
Looking forward to the finished machine,it's going to be sweet.

The old ones were so worn due to being unlevel I just replaced them. Glued em in level with epoxy then sealed em with a uv activated clear coat I'll get u the name later as I'm at me mums at the mo

Opinions please guys when I tumbled all the light sockets I didn't take the diodes off so they now look like this lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394359026.753804.jpg

Should I replace them? I'm thinking yes but what way should the diode line go?

The end of the diode WITHOUT the line should be connected to the tab going to the center of the lamp, I.e the end tab.

Does anyone have any pics of how the under pf lighting braid should be? Half mines missing including whatever's ment to be there to connect the pop lamps :0/

It's been a while so thought I'd update. Inserts now all level, pf cleaned and waxed. Just about to start replacing the lighting braid stuff on the underside as most of that is missing

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_03_17_ytu9uqe8.jpg

Looking good Rudi. I've gotta a load of inserts to level on my F14. What technique did you use? Any top tips?
Cheers mate

Depends how bad they are over half of these were pretty much hanging out. If they are hanging out and badly worn heat up the insert using a heat gun and gently tap it out using a similar sized socket. Sand off any damage using wet and dry of various grades (how far you have to go is dependant of the amount of damage). So either just enough to remove the damage or all the way to redecal then clear the insert when finished. Clean the hole the insert was in out and the outer edge of the insert. Apply so epoxy to the ridge in the hole and use a block of wood and deep throated (quiet dan lol) g clamp to insert it in level. If the insert is just slightly raised with no damage then heat it up and use the clamp and block to push it down level then apply some glue around the inner edge to make it stronger

Cheers mate. They're only slightly raised. I was gonna heat them up and hammer them flat with a block of wood. But in doing this I think I would rattle the machine to pieces, so i like the idea of the clamp.
Would you mind posting a pic of the clamp so I know what to look for.
Cheers dude

Ok so ive just finished replacing the lighting braid with the help of Andy b's photos he kindly sent.

Edited due to me re reading Andy's email.

Here's how mine is looking ignore the scribbling it is my system of remembering it will be cleaned off.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_03_17_a6u5yjaq.jpg

Attachments

• P1010030.JPG
    P1010030.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Well look what turned up today......

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395164455.947037.jpg

Right people she needs some new legs really but all I can find is Bally Williams ones not the older williams ones. They look the same length ect shall I just go for them or does anyone in the uk stock williams ones?

I think it's usually a Black plastic post with a long thin self tapper in the middle to hold it to the PF...

Back
Top Bottom