What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Firepower Shop Log

Oh ******** lol well they all test around 2.95 on the correct setting. And 2 on the original board read 2.75. Damn it I thought I got somewhere

So now all the boards are working and have new displays (Seems the old unobtanium connectors was the display issue).

Anyway Ive connected the switch loom connector and gone through the test alot of switches are not working

before i get my meter out and check each switch I have some abnormalities

when i press these switches the test cycles through several switches:

Door tilt switch 22, 23, 30, 31, 38, 39, 54, 55.
Start switch 3 (which doesnt exist), 11, 19, 27, 35,43, 51.
Tilt switch 1 (doesnt exist), 9, 41.

working switches 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 19, 21, 32, 33, 35, 37, 43, 44, 45, 49, 51, 53.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this?

http://www.firepowerpinball.com/downloads/SwitchWiring.pdf

Attachments

• Firepower switch test.xlsx
    11 KB · Views: 2
If people were more help it would be quicker it's alright for you northern lot your all on each other's doorstep I'm stranded here [emoji13].

If you disconnect the switch matrix connectors from the board and go into switch test, does it stop showing the switches as active?

I have finally started on this project again. I noticed I have lost a 20 amp gi fuse in the move somewhere. Can anyone tell me if it’s a 20 amp slow blow or quick blow? All the manual and fuse list says is 20 amp fuse

So I have slowly been working my way through the switches that are coming up as active in switch test. Which as so far been dire to being wired incorrectly. Now all the trough switches are working and a few others in that area. Then I moved over to the power targets because 39 and 40 was come up as active. Now the majority of this problem was due to me replacing the knackered original targets and the new ones have a slightly different tab configuration. I had wired them up how the originals looked which was wrong on these doh! There was also some wires missing when I got it so I’ve reinstated them. Now 39 is working 40 isn’t and when I press 41 it just starts cycling a load of switches. 48 that 41 & 40 is daisy chained from is working so I’m not sure what’s going on. Any ideas or where I should be looking would be gratefully recieved

9aa6b74858051597432e0e7c31b8e5e1.jpg

Prob something glaringly obvious but I’m crap at electrical fault finding

I’ve since realised the diode and white wires are the wrong way round I have swapped one around nut now it don’t register atall. And abit weird how 41 works despite it being wired wrong [emoji53]

Well that’s all the switches on the switch matrix correctly wired and fully working just a few gap adjustments to make.

Also awaiting a power switch replacement after getting a mild shock off the back when the machine was turned off! Even with it fully earthed!

Annoyingly I also noticed when I replaced the pop bumper stacks years ago before I gave up and tomb stones it. I had copied how they were wired up and only one stack had the special cap and resistor so awaiting for some to arrive

Right guys I’m at a loss again with this bloody firepower project. I’ve now got al the switches on the matrix working and adjusted. So I thought I’d connect up the coil loom. When I run the diagnostics it’s just scrolls through the coils but don’t fire any. So I thought I’d start checking continuity while doing so I realised I’m getting the continuity buz both sides of coil and diode on every coil. Any ideas I’m not sure where I should be looking now no point me buzzing each connection back to the connectors if the first but ain’t right [emoji3525]

Check for power at the coils first, remembering that coil always have voltage on them relative to ground. It is the ground that is switched in. Once you’ve ruled out a power problem you can investigate why they’re not being switched on.

Back
Top Bottom