What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Euro 2016 Sweepstake

Do you want to have a £5 bet on this, or just do it for bragging rights?

• Total voters
Well seeing as though the tournament is half way through the first lot of group matches and still we haven't got the 24 teams covered, it doesn't look like it will happen this time.
Not too many football fans on here...:sad:

Well seeing as though the tournament is half way through the first lot of group matches and still we haven't got the 24 teams covered, it doesn't look like it will happen this time.
Not too many football fans on here...:sad:

I was a bit surprised we couldn't even get 24 people together for a sweepstake. Bearing in mind the number of members, I was anticipating maybe having to run two sweepstakes with 48 people, not the handful that were interested. Oh well, horses for courses.

JT has sent pm's with his paypal address. Please post if you have sent the money and i will keep this updated. Obviosuly it's £10 if you're in for 2.

Will leave this upto you;)

Last edited:
OK, cool. I'll PM you all my email address so you can Paypal gift me your bets. @Bandit Boy : the PM system threw an error when I tried to PM you my email address - can you try sending me a PM and I'll reply to that if I get it.

I've just seen @Kate Rothwell-Jackson wanted to join too but I'd missed her message. So maybe @Jonwolf you go back to just having one country.

Kate: thanks for the offer of doing the draw in Excel and recording it - that would be a great help, I'll PM you.

For legalities' sake, everyone participating will become a member of the new PinballInfo Private Society, which has been formed to raise proceeds for the support and maintenance of pinballinfo.com (entering the sweepstake implies membership of the club). We will therefore be giving a proportion of takings towards the running costs of pinballinfo.com, with all remaining funds given to the person with the winning team.

Last edited:
Okay guys/girls I'm going to help out with this. JT has sent pm's with his paypal address. Please post if you have sent the money and i will keep this updated. Obviosuly it's £10 if you're in for 2.

1. jt - paid
2. paul
3. fintan stack
4. ianw
5. cooldan
6. teachp8
7. nickbs
8. roadshow16
9. shaunyboy
10. courtney blush
11. mufcmufc
12. bandit boy
13. jb3d
14. johnyo
15. pinballdaze
16. darren ross - paid
17. jonwolf
18. cooldan
19. darren ross - paid
20. j.c. rox
21. j.c. rox
22. shaunyboy
23. jonwolf
24. bigian

One change on there - @Jonwolf is down for one country now and replaced by @Kate Rothwell-Jackson

The correct list is on page one, all updated :)

Thanks to those who've already paid.

I've also had a reply to my PM with Kate and she will do the draw when she gets home this evening. I'll post it up as soon as it's available so we can get going asap, and trust anyone whose payment is outstanding at that point to pay as soon as they see this post :clap:.

Hi all, just to give some info on how I did the draw in Excel and to explain how it was completely random. Firstly, I disabled auto calculations, so that the sheet had to be refreshed before the results were calculated. I used Excel's random number generator to give a random number to each team between 0 and 1. I then used Excel's 'Rank' formula to rank those numbers in ascending order, 1 to 24. Those numbers were then used to assign to the people listed in the order they appeared on the first page of this thread. These results were all blank until the 'go' button was pressed, where a macro refreshed the page and displayed the results.

JT will be posting the results of the draw here soon along with a link to the video of the draw. Happy to answer any questions if anyone has any! Good luck and thanks to JT for organising!

Back
Top Bottom