What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Euro 2016 Sweepstake

Do you want to have a £5 bet on this, or just do it for bragging rights?

• Total voters

JT.

Site Supporter
OK peeps, Euro 16 sweepstake, if you want to join in please reply below. Looks like there are 24 teams so after me, that's 23 places remaining. Places will be assigned randomly (dunno how yet but no doubt there's a website that will do that).

If we go the same way as the last competition, there is no money riding in this, it's just bragging rights. I could do something with a nominal bet, winner takes all, if people wanted. In which case I'd want, say, £5 bets up front by Paypal,then when the competition is over I will celebrate with your winnings. I mean make the payment to the winner :thumbs: Or if he agreed and people wanted it, a third party like @Paul could hold the funds and distribute them when the competition ends.

I've put a poll on the thread. Please only participate in the poll if you are one of the next 23 people to signup, and we'll go with the most popular choice (I will abstain so that there are an uneven number of voters).

1. jt PAID
2. paul PAID
3. fintan stack PAID
4. ianw PAID
5. cooldan PAID
6. teachp8 PAID
7. nickbs PAID
8. roadshow16 PAID
9. shaunyboy PAID
10. courtney blush PAID
11. mufcmufc PAID
12. bandit boy PAID
13. jb3dn PAID
14. johnyo PAID
15. pinballdaze PAID
16. darren ross PAID
17. jonwolf PAID
18. cooldan PAID
19. darren ross PAID
20. j.c. rox PAID
21. j.c. rox PAID
22. shaunyboy PAID
23. kate rothwell-jackson PAID
24. bigian PAID

Latest Standings

@JT. Croatia
@Paul Hungary
@Fintan Stack Romania
@ianw England
@cooldan Russia
@Nickbs Austria
@shaunyboy Albania
@mufcmufc Slovakia
@Bandit BoyCzech Republic
@Jb3d Switzerland
@Johnnyo Ukraine
@PinballDaze Spain
@darren_ross Sweden
@Jonwolf Northern Ireland
@J.C.Rox Republic of Ireland
@BigIan Turkey

@teachp8 Belgium
@roadshow16 Iceland
@Courtney Blush France
@cooldan Portugal
@darren_ross Wales
@J.C.Rox Poland
@shaunyboy Germany
@Kate Rothwell-Jackson Italy

Last edited:
Can't see the poll as on tapatalk, however I'm in :)
Not sure on the legalities tho where cash is concerned!!

nice one Jayteedot, i'm in!

i wasn't sure if i was voting against the grain but apparently not. bring it on you losers!

Can't see the poll as on tapatalk, however I'm in :)
Not sure on the legalities tho where cash is concerned!!

Bloody stupid laws, didn't realise it was so complicated. Anyway, I think what we would have to do is run it as a 'Private Society Lottery' of which we would all be members, and would have to give some of the takings to a cause we were fundraising for. The society would be disbanded at the end of Euro 16. I'd suggest that if the poll chooses to go that way, we just give a small percentage of the takings to pinballinfo to put towards site maintenance, servers, etc, and the rest goes to the winner.

16 places still open everyone :clap:

First match is on Friday, and we need a few more people to make this a goer. If anyone is interested please reply asap to allow time for the admin of assigning people to teams, etc.

Last edited:
Cheers everyone, names added.

Plenty of spaces left, so if you are one of the 1488 remaining members of pinballinfo.com yet to signup, feel free to add your name and preference for 'just-for-fun' versus the '£5 wager'. Also, if the wager is putting anyone off, just post below - it'd be better to get 24 participants and drop that rather than do nothing :clap:

Add me please and a fiver .......as long as Dan has nothing to do with the draw this time and Nick doesn't draw one of the favorites ;)

9 more spaces to fill and two days until the first game kicks off, come on people ;)

What if the 10 who voted to bet £5 get 2 teams each? With the next 2 who are in so 24 in total?

That's getting a bit too complicated to administer for me I think. If we get the other 9 spots filled tonight, I'm happy to administer, but if not I don't think it'll be running for this competition. Which is a shame, because the World Cup one was fun.

Everyone should just go in for a fiver. End of the day we've all bought machines for ridiculous amounts of money for a few games of pinball. What's a £5 for fun at the end of the day?
The banter will be worth it ;)

P.s this needs advertising on other sections of the forum. This is the first time I've been on General Discussion. Never thought life existed passed anything pinball

Everyone should just go in for a fiver. End of the day we've all bought machines for ridiculous amounts of money for a few games of pinball. What's a £5 for fun at the end of the day?
The banter will be worth it ;)

P.s this needs advertising on other sections of the forum. This is the first time I've been on General Discussion. Never thought life existed passed anything pinball

Your world is going to be blown away when you locate the 'New Posts' button in the top menu under the pinball info logo :thumbs:

Is it too late to be involved in this? Happy to pay £5, if you tell me how i would go about doing that. Also I can help with the random draw, i'd just do it using excel and could record me doing it.

Back
Top Bottom