What's new

Ebay Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that. Bound to go for over £2000. Thought the playfield looked dirty? Know it can be cleaned but would want to see it in person. If I lived in London, would go and see it.

I spotte
jonathan' date=' post: 1663273 said:
I see a safecracker went for a lot cheaper than 6.5k the other day!

I spotted that too.. :)

Asking for a MM has not been done for a long while through the bay, who knows it may work.
rolleyes-1.gif

Can't understand this.

Why only do half? The playfield is the more important part of the machine so to leave this in poor contition and ask 3k is crazy. Am I missing something here? Pretty looking machine from a distance yet only one non detailed pictures posted of the playfield?

3k is way to much IMO.

He did have a playfield to sell with the machine, but i guess he sold it on to someone. I'd rather have a kanckered cab thatn a knackered playfield anyday. After all, you dont play the cab, do you?

After all, you dont play the cab, do you?

I'm with you there, I really don't see the need to have mint cabs. For the money you'd spend on a pin with a mint cab you could buy two that didn't. I'd rather have the other machine myself. I also like to see a few dings and scrapes, it's gives the pin some character and you know it's got a bit of history in the arcades
smile-1.png

Havent seen one for sale for a while....

Crazy price that. I bet he gets a shedload of emails about it, so may just be a ruse to get exposure (and email offers) quickly.

More pics definately needed for that one. (unless its shagged and need lots of work)

Rus121' date=' post: 1677353 said:
Havent seen one for sale for a while....

Crazy price that. I bet he gets a shedload of emails about it, so may just be a ruse to get exposure (and email offers) quickly.

More pics definately needed for that one. (unless its shagged and need lots of work)

Puzzels me why there are no pictures with it powered up. Might answer the faviort question of

"what colour is the neon" .

Way over priced IMHO. If this goes the full term on ebay I will be very surprised.

replicas' date=' post: 1677365 said:
Puzzels me why there are no pictures with it powered up. Might answer the faviort question of

"what colour is the neon" .

Way over priced IMHO. If this goes the full term on ebay I will be very surprised.

Seems like someone else posed the same question to him about why there are no pics of game turned on. So he has added images of the game but I reckon they could be stock pics as I remember on the images before hand that the machine definitely had the Fat head that went on the production games. There is one close up now which definitely displays the Fat Ringmaster head, but the image of the full playfield showing the blue neon looks like it has the skinny to me. Perhaps its just my eyes, but I have spent a lot of time with CV and it does look a little strange to me, perhaps if you were considering this, just make sure to find out exactly what your getting first, as they could be photo's pulled from anywhere.

What do reckon Russ? Fat or Skinny?

Cheers, Craig

Fatty for sure. Also has the 'defeat the' text in front of the ringmaster. Not a sample game then.

Looks in OK nick to me, cant see any playfield wear. Looks a little grubby around the juggler area, but overall looks a decent game.

Can't recall the pic's from anywhere else so not sure, plus it a little rare having a blue neon.

Is it me or does the pf look a bit battered? If your going to describe it as in very very good condition then why put up pics that show it isn't. If you read the description then you'd think that it's just the cab that is scratched to hell but the pf looks a bit grim too.

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1677879 said:
Is it me or does the pf look a bit battered? If your going to describe it as in very very good condition then why put up pics that show it isn't. If you read the description then you'd think that it's just the cab that is scratched to hell but the pf looks a bit grim too.

Yep its had a hard life.

Its from the 60's so there might be some 1963 goodie bag just hiding deep in a bank of relays.....hmmm.... Sugar cubes laced with marmite?

Replay' date=' post: 1677348 said:
CV on ebay at a crazy price and photos are not helpful at all!! Why no decent close up photos?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Circus-Vo...Operated_MJ&hash=item336b3b0004#ht_500wt_1109

Relisted .....now he has seen how much interest/££££s there is out there
tongue-1.png

Crazy times as been said many times..... a few examples of how quickly the market has changed .........

2008 UK Show a CV sat all weekend priced around 1600. Didn't sell.
biggrin-1.png

18/24 months ago or so chap down this way selling nice TOTAN, offered to group for around 1400 ........ no takers for weeks, think he ebayed it in the end
biggrin-1.png

I went with Will to look at a MM about 2 years ago ......2900 .....walked away then as it was overpriced compared to others at the time.
biggrin-1.png

He wants £4000 for it :confused:

I had a mad moment in the middle of the night and offered £3200 and he turned it down, fortunately!

Only problem is if whoever buys it wants to move it on in the future. Would struggle to get that back for it I reckon

GrizZ' date=' post: 1677889 said:
Relisted .....now he has seen how much interest/££££s there is out there
tongue-1.png

Crazy times as been said many times..... a few examples of how quickly the market has changed .........

2008 UK Show a CV sat all weekend priced around 1600. Didn't sell.
biggrin-1.png

18/24 months ago or so chap down this way selling nice TOTAN, offered to group for around 1400 ........ no takers for weeks, think he ebayed it in the end
biggrin-1.png

I went with Will to look at a MM about 2 years ago ......2900 .....walked away then as it was overpriced compared to others at the time.
biggrin-1.png

That is amazing!

What goes up must come down maybe?

Seems not many people selling at the moment so bit of a supply problem, with high demand. Great if selling, but not so good when still trying to pick up pins!

Replay' date=' post: 1677897 said:
That is amazing!

What goes up must come down maybe?

Seems not many people selling at the moment so bit of a supply problem, with high demand. Great if selling, but not so good when still trying to pick up pins!

Its even more amazing if you go back a few years before that. Somewhere I have an email with list of all machines Pins Anon were selling at one time - around 2005ish .........off top of my head there was stuff like 2 x AFM @ 950 each, WH20 450, multiples of STTNG, SS, etc etc, i think I remember Nick saying he had had about 20+ TAFs pass thru in space of a few months !!

Bonkers. Ah well ......diff times ....Isn't hindsight a great thing
biggrin-1.png

But it does go to show that these high end pins aren't as rare as people like to make out. 5 years ago people were happy to move on their MMs and AFMs because they knew when people got bored in a year or two they would move them on again and there was a good chance they could buy another one in the future.

TAF going for £2k+ is mental when you consider there are 20,000 kicking about out there!

Take SF2 for example, there's rarely a month goes by someone isnt flogging one on the board or on ebay, yet there was only a 1000 more made than there was of MM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom