What's new

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
As to the 'rarity' of Eight Ball Deluxe LE, all I ever saw around here at the time were LE's

Yes they do seem to appear disproportionately to their relative production figures.

Maybe the originals all got totally knackered in the first couple of years of their life - they were an extremely popular game after all - while by the time the LEs came out pinball in general was less popular so they were played less?

Or maybe we just got loads of LEs in the UK....:hmm:

they were discounted so associated leisure bought a lot of them up
so may be as common as the original version in the UK
pinball 1982 to 1984 was a sad time. arcades running knackered fathoms and space invaders rather than invest in new stripped down games
we should thank the management at Williams for taking the risk with Space Shuttle or we probably wouldnt be on this forum now

at the associated leisure 15000sq ft warehouse in burton i once had to shift 12 of these lumps to get to a comet. i imagine they went to the crusher

I picked up WCS from Ebay somewhat randomly today, unseen with a (cheeky) offer. I'll pretty much refurb it and tidy it all up - not one of the machines you would go for, but we do soccer game apps and it'll be nice to have it around the office. Been a bugger to get plastics and ramps etc. I really better stop, lots of work to do. Want to get this one turned around before the World Cup starts!

I put a bid in for that one this morning and was messaging the guy. Was aware someone visitied today and bought it. Please keep me in mind if you decide to pass it on.

Last edited:
I put a bid in for that one this morning and was messaging the guy. Was aware someone was visitied today and bought it. Please keep me in mind if you decide to pass it on.

I made a bid late last night (blame the wine) and kind of agreed/set up the sale then. No fixed plans for it at the moment, but I will as usual re-new what I can and really tidy it up. It'll have the usual cdmd, led-ocd, chrome trim, new plastics, ramps, rubbers, full clean, quality leds, new legs and tidy up any bad bits of cab.

Funnily enough I had a tough time locating and finding some of the above, especially full plastics and new ramps, its out of stock almost everywhere in the USA - checked most of my usual haunts and for a while I thought I was going to struggle.

Given it's soccer theme and us being a soccer game company, I thought it would be nice to have around the place. Its been a while since I bought off Ebay unseen, but I was bouyed by the TAF I bought and made into a really nice machine.

Also theres not a ton of room in the new gamesroom for more pins without compromising what is a really nice space. (2 more pins max really, two of TOM, TZ, WCS)

Incidentally I've not seen the machine, I can't recall looking at the pics and the listing is gone now.

I picked up WCS from Ebay somewhat randomly today, unseen with a (cheeky) offer. I'll pretty much refurb it and tidy it all up - not one of the machines you would go for, but we do soccer game apps and it'll be nice to have it around the office. Been a bugger to get plastics and ramps etc. I really better stop, lots of work to do. Want to get this one turned around before the World Cup starts!

have you played it before? - I think its a pretty decent game actually.

It looked alright in the pictures. Good luck with the restoration.

Thanks, its relatively straight forward, changing faded and old for new and shiny, good clean & replace, bring the side-technologies such as dmd, lighting up to date.

I guess where I am going with the machines are best thought of as LE versions of machines at the time which generally were all just pro versions for operating on site, back when pinball was a thriving business in terms of on-site takings :)

I'll try and remember to do before and after shots. It's an expensive process, but I choose to do thinks quickly.

have you played it before? - I think its a pretty decent game actually.

Nope, not played it, but had read that people like it. The theme attracted me for the office but its in that wonderful Bally/Williams/Midway era, which my former collection chiefly consisted of. I scratched the collection itch last time and want to try a few other machines as well as having the mainstays like TAF, TZ back.

Last edited:
I was pondering that Skylab - looks like I left it too late - gone!

on the anniversary of the day the real Skylab rolled out of the VAB, the last Saturn V -

30707324_1433517736758201_789552969124151296_o.jpg

I'd love that Uniwars cab..... but as there's six of them.... must not to drink on the evening of 20th April.

Hmm looks a risky bid to me if it does go high - sellers feedback not brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom