What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, 3 is what happened in that hotel's case. Clearly whoever listed it there didn't bother to do any research at all. Maybe they couldn't be bothered, it's nothing to do with their core business, maybe whoever was tasked with listing it was completely disinterested in doing anything more than just sticking it up. "£400 sounds about right, like a games console".

I guess my point is that it is not necessarily a "bad sales process" when people list stuff for massively less than what they're worth, they might just be naive or simply unconcerned about maximising their return. They might just want it gone ASAP, they might not want to faff about with it (I sold my last car back to a dealer for probably £15k less than I perhaps could've got because I didn't have the time and couldn't be bothered to deal with private buyers tyre-kicking, etc).

Didn't mean to argue really, I don't disagree with the thrust of your point :)

My infamous £200 Ebay Whitewater was exactly that........... it was some sort of management training centre place. The pin had been in the rec room there forever. Nobody could even remember where it came from :rolleyes: Appeared to be non working. Some new guy was having a revamp and was told to sell it. It was all company money, the guy selling didn't care how much it went for , just wanted it gone ...luckily for me as he had a bunch of offers after I had secured it.

The biggest problem with this one was that they put it up for sale and the person dealing was then not contactable for over 48hours. I phoned and messaged with an offer above the asking price within 30 mins of it being listed. If they decide on Friday it was going to a family member they should not have waited until Monday morning to remove it from sale.

I think it's clear that it never went to a family member. If they had loads of phone messages from people that they would "be there in a van today with £1000" or whatever it's obviously gone to one of them. Can't really complain I suppose - that's the free market for you.

I think it's clear that it never went to a family member. If they had loads of phone messages from people that they would "be there in a van today with £1000" or whatever it's obviously gone to one of them. Can't really complain I suppose - that's the free market for you.

Let’s face it, it’s a nice change from the other type of seller who did his research and used liberty games as their pricing yardstick!!

Let’s face it, it’s a nice change from the other type of seller who did his research and used liberty games as their pricing yardstick!!

Seen these for sale @ £4k - worth that all day long.

What ever happened to that CFTBL

Without getting into it, it wasn't as crazy as it sounds. £15k was what they added onto it once it was put on the forecourt. Had I tried to sell it privately I probably would've got maybe £7-8k more, but would've probably had to wait a while as the private market for the car was almost nonexistent (everyone wants finance)

Yep £1400-£1600 is what I have in my budget for my next machine and FT is on the list, a shoal of fish tales were available last year/early this and barring some outliers (I seem to remember a project being £1.6k) all working and “clean” examples could be caught for the above.

38B39FB2-A7F4-4B46-8D11-1CDE63ACB669.png
This just popped up on eBay, no idea what this is, never seen anything like it before but I’m loving the backglass.

Possibly a re-themed Alarm based on the movie Metropolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom