What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few interesting sales recently on ebay of traditionally valuable titles. Tatty old Bally SS games failing to realise good money ... My guess is that the terrible touch up jobs/ playfield wear on all three machines were the main issues ...

Fathom - the seller may well be a d1ck. It was poorly advertised to start with. He presumably did not get the price he wanted in the auction which settled at £785. So he relisted seeking an off ebay cash deal. I think folk just can't be @rsed dealing with him anymore

Bally Kiss - a wreck went for nowhere near the amount these games normally do, a "mere" £603

Bally Centaur 2 in need of tlc - a lowly £426

Incorrect.

The final value fee for a business seller is capped at a maximum of £20. So the total fees a business seller would pay for a £3500 listing are approx £20.26.

eBay's has it's own fee calculator tool for anyone to use - http://www.fees.ebay.co.uk/feeweb/feecalculator

The biggest problem is PayPal fees, which for that amount would be around £119.

Doh! Me wrong again :oops:

They change the rules so often it's hard to keep up.

Incorrect.

The final value fee for a business seller is capped at a maximum of £20. So the total fees a business seller would pay for a £3500 listing are approx £20.26.

eBay's has it's own fee calculator tool for anyone to use - http://www.fees.ebay.co.uk/feeweb/feecalculator

The biggest problem is PayPal fees, which for that amount would be around £119.
I think you're wrong about the eBay fees for Business Sellers. Using the calculator you linked it would be more expensive for a Business seller.

Based on an auction ending at £3,500 the fees inc VAT for a Private Seller (either None or Basic shop type) would be £250.35 (35p insertion fee plus Final Listing Fee capped at £250). Fees for Private Sellers are generally very simple - 10% of the total cost including postage up to a maximum of £250 with no per-category exceptions.

For a Business Seller the fees would be £315.09 ex Vat for any shop type (None, Basic, Featured, Anchor). This is based on the item being listed under the "Collectables" category which contains sub-category that includes pinball machines and attracts a 9% Final Value Fee.

A Final Value Cap of £20 (sometimes £15 or £40) only applies to specific items within the following categories, otherwise it's 6-11% by category without limit:

Cameras & Photography 8%
5% final value fee (max. £20) for:
- Camcorders
- Digital Cameras
- Film Photography
- Lenses & Filters​

Computers, Tablets & Networking 8%
- Desktops & All-in-Ones
- Drives, Storage & Blank Media
- Enterprise Networking, Servers
- Home Networking & Connectivity
- Tablets & eBook Readers
- Laptops & Netbooks
- Printers, Scanners & Suppliers
- Software​

Home, Furniture & DIY 10%
5% final value fee (max.£20) for:
- Appliances
- DIY Tools​
9% final value fee (max. £40) for:
- Furniture
- Bath​

Jewellery & Watches 11%
10% final value fee (max. £50) for:
- Watches​

Mobile Phones & Communication 8%
- Home Phones & Accessories
- Mobile & Smart Phones
- PDAs​

Sound & Vision 8%
- DVD, Blu-ray & Home Cinema
- Headphones
- Home Audio & HiFi Separates
- iPods & MP3 Players
- Televisions
- TV Reception & Set-Top Boxes​

Vehicle Parts & Accessories 7%
6% final value fee (max. £15) for:
- Tyres
- Tyres & Tubes​
- GPS & Sat Nav
- Power Tools & Equipment​

Video Games & Consoles 8%
- Consoles​

I think you're wrong about the eBay fees for Business Sellers. Using the calculator you linked it would be more expensive for a Business seller.

Based on an auction ending at £3,500 the fees inc VAT for a Private Seller (either None or Basic shop type) would be £250.35 (35p insertion fee plus Final Listing Fee capped at £250). Fees for Private Sellers are generally very simple - 10% of the total cost including postage up to a maximum of £250 with no per-category exceptions.

For a Business Seller the fees would be £315.09 ex Vat for any shop type (None, Basic, Featured, Anchor). This is based on the item being listed under the "Collectables" category which contains sub-category that includes pinball machines and attracts a 9% Final Value Fee.

A Final Value Cap of £20 (sometimes £15 or £40) only applies to specific items within the following categories, otherwise it's 6-11% by category without limit:

Cameras & Photography 8%
- Camcorders
- Digital Cameras
- Film Photography
- Lenses & Filters​

Computers, Tablets & Networking 8%
- Desktops & All-in-Ones
- Drives, Storage & Blank Media
- Enterprise Networking, Servers
- Home Networking & Connectivity
- Tablets & eBook Readers
- Laptops & Netbooks
- Printers, Scanners & Suppliers
- Software​

Home, Furniture & DIY 10%
5% final value fee (max.£20) for:
- Appliances
- DIY Tools​
9% final value fee (max. £40) for:
- Furniture
- Bath​

Jewellery & Watches 11%
10% final value fee (max. £50) for:
- Watches​

Mobile Phones & Communication 8%
- Home Phones & Accessories
- Mobile & Smart Phones
- PDAs​

Sound & Vision 8%
- DVD, Blu-ray & Home Cinema
- Headphones
- Home Audio & HiFi Separates
- iPods & MP3 Players
- Televisions
- TV Reception & Set-Top Boxes​

Vehicle Parts & Accessories 7%
6% final value fee (max. £15) for:
- Tyres
- Tyres & Tubes​
- GPS & Sat Nav
- Power Tools & Equipment​

Video Games & Consoles 8%
- Consoles​

Sorry dude, but this is wrong.

The correct category is: Video Games & Consoles -> Coin Operated Gaming -> Pinball Machines. This is the category where 99% of all eBay pins are listed, and is also the first category to show up on the "Sell Your Item" page when you search for pinball machine. Actually, all arcade games should be listed under Coin Operated Gaming.

Here's a screen shot:

humptydumpty.jpg

Can confirm this is accurate as the last few pins I dumped on eBay, cost me approx £20 each, as my account is registered as Business Seller.

The fees are also slightly lower if you have a shop subscription.

#winning

Last edited:
If it works why isn't it switched on? Looking at his other items he should know what he's talking about he's got a number of pins up for sale.

Someone here should know him, good or bad. Best bet would be to put a wanted ad up on the forum.

Best of luck with what ever you decide to do.

Someone here should know him

Yup, that's Gaz. He does have a large collection and hires out machines. Sells the odd one every now and again.

Why's it not switched on - well it's very possible that he was too bone idle to switch it on when taking pictures, it's equally possible that there was a problem at the time preventing it from being switched on... :rolleyes:

Where are they all coming from? Well I suspect a few were bought when the Dredd film was released in 2012 and after 3 years they're looking to move on to another machine.

Far too many pins on eGay at the moment, the market is flooded. If you're thinking about selling a game on there I'd wait until after the new year.

may be a good time to buy. especially the non DM stuff. quite fancy that gottlieb eye of the tiger. Sinbad was an ok game but EMs are more cool . When gottlieb was King

Thoughts on the Dirty Harry that's for sale

Difficult to make any sort of assessment based on the pics and description. Looks like it could be ok but as always with an Ebay machine, go and have a look at it unless its stupid cheap :thumbs:

I made an offer - he refused it. Now too high for me. Will guess £770.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom