What's new

Ebay Auctions 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and there's no point crying about it, pinballs will continue to go up in value.

But wow £2450! Amazing!

This has got to be my favourite forum thread ever haha!

Highest price in the UK from what I can see is £1400. Highest in the US about £1950. Only a good restoration with no cabinet fade could fetch that price so it appears we have another dreamer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131405208282?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Black Rose, starting at £2250. It's a bargain apparently, the seller has seen them for sale at over £3000. Well, they might have been for sale for 3 grand, but they won't sell for that, and yours won't either :rofl:

How does someone manage to own 3 or 4 pins and not work out how to set it to freeplay? Must get pretty frustrating cycling a 20p piece through the door everytime you want to start a game! :tut: Doesn't look like he knows how to use a cloth either, the playfield looks absolutely filthy. Surely it would be worth spending 10 minutes cleaning the centre of the playfield and the inlane/outlane area before taking photos of the machine.:cuckoo:

Another example of lovely descriptions. The Indy must be more valuable as I noticed he used a much bigger font in the description.

I haven't paid much attention to that scam, but is he always located in Ferryhill or does it move around?

I spent a couple of hours the other night pricing up parts for this actually, and yeah you're not far off. Doing it on the cheap would require AT LEAST £1600 to bring it up to any kind of decent standard, plus there were one or 2 boards which simply weren't available so you're then down to waiting for used WPC-S boards to come up on eBay, and how often does that happen. Not often.

The current price at £317 is about as much as I'd pay for that piece of crap. There'll be people bidding over a grand again though I'm sure of it. Fools.

Doesn't the pinball parlour or palace can't remember the name sell an all in one board? Or do you still need other boards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't paid much attention to that scam, but is he always located in Ferryhill or does it move around?
Don't know but if the statement "God loves a trier" had any credibility this guy would be a walking hard-on with all that love :)

Doesn't the pinball parlour or palace can't remember the name sell an all in one board? Or do you still need other boards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd need a WPC-S CPU, WPC driver, Fliptronics II, DMD Driver, DMD Display, DCS soundboard.

Getting the DCS soundboard will be tricky

Then has he stripped all the driver boards and eddy boards off the playfield as well? Quite likely

Depends where the account they've hacked lives I think.

Wonder if the 50k bidders are vigilantes from on here? :)

I thought about putting a million on it, but it's not as if the scammers going to have to pay the fees :tut:

Why are accounts so easily hacked? They make enough money they should at least spend some of it on account security.

Depends where the account they've hacked lives I think.

Wonder if the 50k bidders are vigilantes from on here? :)

I was the guy who dropped 50k on there haha! Noticed somebody challenged my bid, I was gonna go evern higher but eBay wouldn't let me do it without giving them a call first. :D

Why are accounts so easily hacked? They make enough money they should at least spend some of it on account security.
Several reason but mostly weak security by the user not eBay. Poor passwords or phishing attacks are the most common.
I have reported a few bugs to eBay that they did fix but they didn't engage with me either. They do still allow a simple username and password setup but unless the users complain they have no desire to change it.

Got to agree, bit of a weird game to get used to, once a ball locks it drops out somewhere else (brain assumes you need to wait untill the ball gets there)

Played one at Pinball party a few years ago (think it was MUFCMUFCs one)

That ToM is up to £1100 now!

Nutters! Absolute bleedin nutters!

So £1100 bid (with a day left), plus £1600 minimum to bring it up to scratch, plus all the man hours to do so. Which makes ToM's now worth seemingly a bajillion dollars each! When will the Fleabay madness end?

I'm gonna guess it will end somewhere between £1300 and £1400. Since £1600 was a savvy guess i'd probably allow 20% contingency on top of that. So yeah £3200 game just in parts. You can get a minty fresh one for that money.

I'm gonna guess it will end somewhere between £1300 and £1400. Since £1600 was a savvy guess i'd probably allow 20% contingency on top of that. So yeah £3200 game just in parts. You can get a minty fresh one for that money.
You can get a fully working peachy one for a lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom