What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
The very same backglasses you were after a while back i believe as he won the auction?

Mr major-flip himself. Multiple Ebay ID's, untrustworthy descriptions and tried to rip me off twice. Realise he may have friends here but wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.... and that isn't very far.

The very same backglasses you were after a while back i believe as he won the auction?
I'm always on the lookout for a better PARAGON backglass (I'd give mine 7 out of 10) but I think I was rapidly outbid on this one if it's the same item come up again. If I recall correctly Doug at Classic Pinballs contacted me about one he had for about £50-75 but it was much the same as mine (but that did lead to me buying the Big Box Of Bally Boards!). I realise the chances of getting a mint original are pretty slim and probably impossible in my price range. I wasn't being disparaging about the eBay seller, never had any dealings. For me I think those backglasses are over-priced for the condition, but then I'm such a ruddy cheapskate :p

Disparage away, the backglasses were only bought to flip and make a quick buck.. Does my head in.

Whats this one like guy's?..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151550347127

How many circuits boards (PCBS?) are in these machines? Pricey?

Hi,

You are looking at over a grand for the basic boards and DMD.

Of course why would anyone remove all the boards from a working TOM (unless they live on the south coast;)) so once you get all the boards and install them you would need to start and diagnose the major fault(s) that led to the removal of all the board in the first place.

The seller does loads of deals on pinballs and fixes ones up for selling etc. A TOM is a diserable machine in most peoples eyes and demands a price premium so I doubt it will be an easy fix once complete otherwise it would have been fixed and sold rather than parted out.

So maybe allow £2000 needed ontop of purchase price of carcass and playfield, if it still interests you at that then work away but be aware it will need a lot of work on top of money.

Of course it might just need a fuse:eek:

Cheers
Ian

Hi,

Of course why would anyone remove all the boards from a working TOM (unless they live on the south coast;)) so once you get all the boards and install them you would need to start and diagnose the major fault(s) that led to the removal of all the board in the first place.

The seller does loads of deals on pinballs and fixes ones up for selling etc. A TOM is a diserable machine in most peoples eyes and demands a price premium so I doubt it will be an easy fix once complete otherwise it would have been fixed and sold rather than parted out.

So maybe allow £2000 needed ontop of purchase price of carcass and playfield, if it still interests you at that then work away but be aware it will need a lot of work on top of money.

Cheers
Ian

In addition to what Ian says above and after looking at the photos, I see that there is no clear closeups of the playfield or plastic ramps which always makes me suspicious when you have such a knowledgeable seller... :suspect:

Its like the leftovers from a "Take two knackered machines to make a decent one" project maybe?

Given all the boards are missing its the only explanation I can think of for the pics with the PF lighting on them (Taken pre-board extraction).

Oh and I forgot to say - you can see the screw driver left on the playfield in one of the photos...! :-o

Is it missing the wiring loom and the psu also?

Hi,

Cheers
Ian

I spent a couple of hours the other night pricing up parts for this actually, and yeah you're not far off. Doing it on the cheap would require AT LEAST £1600 to bring it up to any kind of decent standard, plus there were one or 2 boards which simply weren't available so you're then down to waiting for used WPC-S boards to come up on eBay, and how often does that happen. Not often.

The current price at £317 is about as much as I'd pay for that piece of crap. There'll be people bidding over a grand again though I'm sure of it. Fools.

Bally Strange Science - simple fix for someone ?? The pic through the coin door looks as though they moved it with the coin box in place and the lid fell to the backbox end of the game. May just have tripped a fuse given how many of the other lights on the game are going

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Retro-80s...eo_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item35e38b66bd

I have not seen, and I am not connected to this game in any way, other than my brain is part monkey

I'd suspect it's lost its memory during storage, and isn't on free play any more (if that's an option on the 6803 games). The game's running, and the displays are working, but the high score to date isn't shown as part of the 'Beat #,###,### for 3 replays' message.

A slight worry is the choc-bloc wiring in the left flipper area.

Doing very well, looks like a tidy machine though apart from the fade. I'm surprised, it must be from the photos and not the description because here we have the stereotypical one-liner pinball ebay ad - "pinball machine etc. works and plays 100% etc. can be collected etc. take a look at my 2 pictures etc".

Doing very well, looks like a tidy machine though apart from the fade. I'm surprised, it must be from the photos and not the description because here we have the stereotypical one-liner pinball ebay ad - "pinball machine etc. works and plays 100% etc. can be collected etc. take a look at my 2 pictures etc".

I thought it was mental when people started coughing up more than 1200 for JM.:eek: Decent but over rated game in some quarters imo.

Yeah. I am surprised to see it has got that high. But that's Ebay for you. We might see it re-listed next week though! Wouldn't be surprising.

I thought it was mental when people started coughing up more than 1200 for JM.:eek: Decent but over rated game in some quarters imo.
Supply and demand, zero supply only takes a small demand to bang up the value, I have owned most modern Bally Wms that are worth owning and still have a JM, AFM and a few other top titles have gone, I think it's a fair price for someone who is after one and often see crap titles make more money, such is pinball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom