What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each to their and one man's grail pin is another man's pile of kindling. I'm generally into the early solid-state era from around mid-70s to early 80s, but will have a play on just about anything. I'm unlikely to own anything more modern as I can't afford to spend several thousand on a pin but if I could then I'd love a TRON. Silverball Mania is great looking game, the artist was also responsible for Flash Gordon, Medusa, Mystic and Star Trek, all great looking pins, but the gameplay on SM is very uninspiring.

Silverball Mania was the second game I ever owned, and only sold it 18 months ago. I have fond memories playing this as a teenager back when it was new.

Agreed not the deepest game by any means, but still fun to play. Of course the artwork on the backglass and playfield is amazing.

I would be more than happy to own one again!

Maybe it's a slow-burner, @I TiltAlot ;)

I was just looking at the pics on IPDB and Google image search, and that playfield is a such a glorious explosion of trippy artwork. It would have to be in my dream line-up of all Bally pins between 1978 and 1983:

1979-02 Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom
1979-03 Future Spa
1979-04 Star Trek
1979-06 Kiss
1979-06 Paragon
1979-09 Harlem Globetrotters On Tour
1979-10 Supersonic
1979-11 Dolly Parton
1980-01 Nitro Ground Shaker
1980-02 Silverball Mania
1980-04 Space Invaders
1980-05 Rolling Stones
1980-06 Hotdoggin'
1980-06 Mystic
1980-07 Viking
1980-09 Skateball
1980-11 Frontier
1980-11 Xenon
1981-02 Flash Gordon
1981-04 Eight Ball Deluxe
1981-06 Embryon
1981-06 Fireball II
1981-08 Fathom
1981-09 Medusa
1981-10 Centaur
1981-12 Elektra
1982-02 Vector
1982-05 Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man Pinball
1982-08 Speakeasy
1982-08 Spectrum
1982-10 Baby Pac-Man
1982-11 BMX Bally
1983-05 Grand Slam
1983-06 Centaur II
1983-10 Gold Ball

3 out of 35 ain't too bad so far...

I got nothing against Silverball Mania, but when you compare it to something Centaur then ok fair enough, it's dull! :)

Think the description is even better "Simple fix, needs fuses reset. Cam be fixed for an extra fee. Very decorative piece of equipment. "

Damm faulty fuses again!!!!

Wonder what the fee is for fixing them???

Another eBay guy a little unsure of what he is selling ..... "Vintage Pinball machine from the 1950's". Must have been a technological first with Solid State technology and digital displays back then

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-p...eo_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item418e40c735
Errr... WTF? Has the cabinet been recovered with wood-effect Fablon?

FablonVolcano.JPG

"Vintage" - meaningless label used in an attempt to increase price.
"Simple fix" - let me break out another 13A mains plug fuse and pop it in the solenoid circuit.
"Cam be fixed for an extra fee." - after fitting the 13A mains plug fuse and charging you £50 it will work for around 5 minutes before blowing again.
"Very decorative" - sits in the corner and looks nice because it doesn't work.

Current bid is £155 which is at least £55 higher than I'd pay for it given the description and from what I can make out in the photos!

I imagine it will be a complete basket case, and one for the very brave or those seeking to rip it apart for spares. Being sold by a guy with a 2 feedback score

I imagine it will be a complete basket case, and one for the very brave or those seeking to rip it apart for spares. Being sold by a guy with a 2 feedback score
Maybe @lukewells could do a new video series called "Gottlieb Volcano - ULTIMATE EXTREME REPAIR"? I'd have it but it's already gone way above what I'd pay for a basket case project. I was tempted to buy a VOLCANO at UKPP2013 which although it had a frazzled coil was otherwise in good order for only £300.

That volcano is probably to expensive, for one in that condition, none working (fuse reset my ****) lots of rust, so has been stored damp, playfield looks like it's never been serviced, could be anything up with this one.

If it can be fixed, why not sell it working?
Couldn't agree more, and this goes for anything, not just pinballs. If it's such as easy "just" fix then why not do it and not have the bother of selling a faulty item for a lower price.

I feel sorry for whoever has spent a minimum of £155 on it so far...

I've been watching that Volcano and have been thinking about making a bid, I doubt there's anything that can't be fixed but what really scares me is that vinyl wood covering. I think the cabinet would be wrecked in removing it. Such a shame people do these things.

I've been watching that Volcano and have been thinking about making a bid, I doubt there's anything that can't be fixed but what really scares me is that vinyl wood covering. I think the cabinet would be wrecked in removing it. Such a shame people do these things.
It's probably more than salvageable, but for me the price is already too high in relation to the condition I suspect it's in. I don't think VOLCANO is that rare or desirable? The Fablon may work to advantage: maybe it's protected the original paint underneath? But I doubt it ;) Probably looking a total re-stencilling job unless you really want that battered retro look.

That one had me baffled as well. Why would anyone remove all the boards from a ToM?

Wow, just looked at the manual for a TOM.. am I right in thinking there's six or seven PCBs in it?

Yeah, checked it out that it had sold for £1306 and theres no real explanation to why it's been relisted in the auction. Makes me think that it's worse than advertised, and upon collection, it's only been realised.
I'm after a TOM as a project, but I'm just unaware of the costs of the PCB's missing.

Same seller with the PARAGON and FLASH GORDON backglasses for £99 each, neither of which is worth that in their current condition IMHO.

The very same backglasses you were after a while back i believe as he won the auction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom