What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left at 5pm. Arrived at 10pm. Home at 4am. 688 miles, £300 + £100 for diesel. It cleaned up nicely but the flippers need attention. The guy told me the phone had rung non-stop since he listed it.
Had similar Gumtree couple years back with a 400 Demo Man. Basically dropped everything and went, only about 100 miles though, by time I got there the guy had had soooo many messages and calls, he was asking me he had maybe underpriced it ;)

Had similar Gumtree couple years back with a 400 Demo Man. Basically dropped everything and went, only about 100 miles though, by time I got there the guy had had soooo many messages and calls, he was asking me he had maybe underpriced it ;)

Was still over priced for a DM according to you though eh GrizZ? :p

@rowansalger1973 regarding your flipper issues, I wouldn't mind betting if it's the right flipper in particular, you'll need a new opto board. £30 from pinballmania I think. I fixed one the other week which had a really weak right flipper. Good as gold since fitting that board.

i reckon they will just need new end stops, new sleeves, maybe new springs, maybe a quick file of the plunger to get the chuff off.
goodness how exciting wondering what it might turn out to be!!

here are some gifs of a Komodo eating a pig, a man riding a pig, and a pelican eating a pig-eon while we wait for news.
gif komodo dragon eating pig.gif
gif drunk guy drinking beer riding on a pig.gif
gif pelican_swallows_pigeon.gif

Bought a theatre out of local bargain pages for £150 in 2009. Guy 3 miles away and we went immediately. Was in a car garage. Phone ringing constanly whilst we were there.

Just spent a few hours playing with my new toy. It's the bottom left and upper left flippers that are the main problem. Won't hold in the up position. All of the flippers are a little suspect. Test program shows several flipper end of switch faults. I think all four flippers need an overhaul.

Good catch. Saw the ad and figured it would be too stressful dealing with a machine at the other end of the country. Can you imagine getting there and finding someone local had gazumped you:mad:

Glad it's gone to a good home

It's the bottom left and upper left flippers that are the main problem. Won't hold in the up position. Test program shows several flipper end of switch faults. I think all four flippers need an overhaul.

Hi, rowan,

That suggests the secondary 'hold' windings on those two units aren't working; do the flipper paddles move (even a twitch) when pulsing the secondary circuits in 'Flipper Test'? Or can the pulses be felt while holding the paddle raised?. With the 'parallel-wound' coils, the flippers would also be down on power if the secondaries aren't working.

The End-of-Stroke switches aren't critical to flipper operation with the Fliptronic/Fliptronic II systems. In fact, some gonk may have deliberately sabotaged them to prevent the flippers from 'chattering' when they fail to hold.

Anybody get the non working spares or repair Last Action Hero off ebay that had bids cancelled and no longer for sale? or shall we wait to see if it is 'flipped' :)

I'm still lost! Are you referring to the link? Because when I click it, it goes to a Riverboat Gambler on eBay UK displayed in pounds! Or am I missing something else here.

Shows in pounds for me too, but with USD below it.

If you change ebay.com to ebay.co.uk then it changes to only pounds and it drops the USD pricing.

to those of you who sometimes sell pins on ebay - how many watchers do you usually get? and what tips can you share for getting the best seller outcome (a high price and no trouble)?
70+ watchers is normal, most are just tracking the market and have no intention to bid or buy, tips wise, lie through yer teeth, works like a charm for some people :rofl:

Specially for @cooldan :
When my JD had a weak right flipper it was the transistor on the fliptronic PCB... :p
When my JD had a weak right flipper it was because I couldn't be ****d to press it, or the left one either, only messing, jealous I didn't bag a £300 Dredd :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom